Maternal & Child Community
9 weeks and worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

9 weeks and worried

Hi everyone,
I am about 9 wks and 3 days pregnant....I started "spotting" about a week ago...I went to the ER when i noticed it the Ultrasound looked fine the HB was 188! so that looked good, but my HCG level was 55hundred which was okay for them but a little low... They said that there was pretty much nothing they could do...well, a few days later the "spotting" turned into "bleeding" i wasnt bleeding too bad to where it got to my panties but i was bleeding and i also passed a blood clot the size of a dime... I went to a different ER and the doc told me there was NOTHING they could od if i was going to have a miscarriage i would have one if not then the bleeding will soon stop! and my HCG level dropped down to 52hundred....well, that following tuesday i had a dr appt with my OB DR. I tell her whats going on and they send me to the Lab to get my HCG level checked AGAIN... because I am bleeding and cramping like i am going to start my menstral cycle.. well they send me home and i had to go back today to get an ultrasound... they said the ultra sound looked ok...there is bleeding around the placents and a gap in my placenta...maybe like a hole? I go to talk to my DR to set another appt and they call and talk to the ultra sound tech and check on my HCG results, well, they tell me my HCG level has dropped down to 3thousand... and she said the pregnancy could go either way, but this typically sounds like a miscarriage... I am so upset i have been crying wondering whats going on....i hate the waiting game and can i still lose the baby if my HCG level continues to drop but we heard the heartbeat? someone please help me... give me some answers.