Maternal & Child Community
9 weeks postpartum no period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

9 weeks postpartum no period

Hi, nine weeks postpartum and no period. Could something be wrong? I'm not pregnant again. I have been having fo the last 3 weeks discharge clear yellowish stringy discharge. Went to 6 weeks check up and they checked me when she put the device in me to do a pap smear it was like she prying me open it hurt so bad I have never had a painful papsmear she had a hard time getting in there, I spotted for 3 days afterwards. I have been cramping all weekend thinking I would start and all it is, is heavy discharge. I had a c section with this one could that have a effect on me I had a vag. birth 2 years ago and had a period 6 weeks later. I can't lose any weight I'm sure cause I haven't had a period yet.I have acne everywhere. Can ya please help!!!!
Are you breastfeeding????  If you are nursing that can delay your period for months.  I know it took like 6 months to get a period with my first due to nursing.  I do not think anyone can really say when our periods will return after giving birth.  I would possibly ask your dr when they think you will possibly get it back.  I am not looking forward to that again personally.  I am nursing my 4 wk old son now and am also wondering when the dreaded day will come again.  Good Luck and Take Care
hi,no i'm not breastfeeding. I just came from the doctor and he gave me some hormones to take,progestrone he said it should jump start my period. I do hope so, I want mine so I can get my body back to normal, I can't even lose weight now.
I had my daugher in Feb. and was unable to breastfeed longer than a few days to due illness, and I panacked when I didn't start my period as soon as I had with my son, with him I started when I was 6 weeks and I was breastfeeding, I didn't finally start tis last time until my daughter was 13 weeks old and I was regular for the two months before I got pregnant again....

Mary
I feel the same way.  My baby is going to be 9 weeks tomorrow and still no period.  Is this normal?  Also, I am having difficulty losing the weight, any suggestions?
My son was born november 6th and I still dont have my period.  I hemmoraged at 2 weeks pp and ended up with blood transfusions.  I am in the sam boat becasue I have acne and cannot loose weight.  I am waiting on blood resullts and a pelvic  ultrasond.  It is really irritating.
its now 12 weeks for me and still no period.  i stopped breast feeding after one and half months.  with my first child, i breast fed for 5months and my period returned around 6weeks.  can it be normal that a period takes so long to resume with just a month of breastfeeding?  Please help
- yvonne
just wanted to add that my pregnancytest was negative and i have not been on any birth controls.  i sometimes have cramps that feels like the onset of my period but all i get is some discharge.  i also cant seem to lose weight. Dont know if the lack of my period affects weight loss.  help please.
-yvonne
same here! my son was born july 1st 2010 its been 9 weeks i think or longer and no period, no birth control, neg preg. test. idk wuts going on. i breastfeed for 2 weeks off and on due to illness.. i thought i was the only 1 with this problem...