Maternal & Child Community
9 weeks pregnant and measuring small, slow growth of baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Today I had my 3rd u/s.  I should be 9w2d.  There was a baby and strong fast hb, however the baby is only measuring 7w2d, which is 2 weeks behind where it should be.  I was charting and using ovulation predicters, so I know when I conceived (my LMP date was OCT 30, with o on day 16).  My 1st u/s was at 6 weeks lmp, and we saw a gest sac and yolk sac that measured exactly 6 weeks, but no hb yet.  A week later (at 7 weeks lmp) there was a fast hb, but the baby only measured 6w2d. And today, which was more than 3 weeks after the initial u/s at 6 weeks, the baby has only grown to 7w2d. I have a very bad feeling about this.  Another factor was that at 4 weeks lmp (the day I got a postive pregnancy test) I went in for progesterone levels and they were 38...at 6 weeks they had dropped to 15.5. I was put on Prometrium, which I continue to take.  But this just adds to my worry that this pregnancy is doomed. Can anyone share their experiences, or explain why the baby would be developing so slowly?  If the baby was measuring 2 weeks behind but still developing at a normal rate, I would be thrilled.  But what worries me most is the 1w2d growth over more than 3 weeks.  Thank you in advance for any help or advice. My last pregnancy ended in m/c with a blighted ovum at 8 weeks.  I do have one healthy little girl born almost 5 years ago.
I am not an expert on this, but if you have a strong heartbeat and are making progress (even atypical) I would take these as positive signs.  

What does your doctor have to say?

I have read that measurements can be off depending on the machine used and the tech/dr. doing the measurements.  I've also read on here where people have been behind and then all of a sudden the baby catches up...kind of like children developing at different rates after birth -- both my kids did different things at different times and had growth spurts at different times, and yet both are happy and healthy.

Again I am not an expert, nor do I have personal experience with this, but I think you should stay positive and keep monitoring.  

I know that once you've had a mc (so sorry) that you can't help but worry.  I'm finally at zero and back to TTC and I know I'll worry about everything!

LOL and sticky baby dust!!!
I dont know if this will help at all but I have three daughters and am expecting a fourth baby right now. In all of my pregnacies my babies have measured at least two-three weeks behind including my current pregnacy. I've told my doctors this has happened each time, but they always change the due date. WIth my third daughter she at about 27wks stopped progessing in growth and then seem to catch up.  All of my girls were born right around the original due dates,not the u/s changed date and all very healthy but little all under 6lbs and under 18inchs. I still get very scared each time, worring something might be wrong, especially this time because I'm on meds w/ this pregnacy for BP problems and I worry it could be causing problems. But I try to remember this has happened three times before. I just wanted to respond to your thread because I know how stressed I get each time.  I hope everything works out and good luck and god bless.

Thanks for all of your comments and reassurances.  The thing that worries me most is not the measuring small, but the slow progress.  The baby seems to be growing an average of just 2 days for every week that goes by.  If I measure 2 weeks later, but the baby was making a weeks worth of progress each week, then I wouldn't worry at all. At this rate with only 2 days of growth per week, I am going to be pregnant for 18 months!
sticky baby vibes to you!!

with my first child 2.5y ago she measured small for awhile and then caught up and then measured 3 weeks ahead at one point...

i had a friend who measured 2-3wk behind consistantly for her entire pregnancy and delivered an almost 10lb baby who is the light of her life 4 years later...and perfectly fine..She got alot of US out of it though and treasures all the pictures...
I am going through the same thing right now. Thank you for asking this question. I have seen a strong heartbeat and the doctor isn't concerned b/c the baby is still growing. He thinks I ovulated later than I thought but I know its not possible b/c I was charting and I got a BFP the day after he thinks I ovulated. I also miscarried only a month before I got pregnant this time so I am on heightened alert. So far I can't find anything online to indicate that this is something to really worry about if we have a strong heartbeat. I think our babies will catch up at some point.
God Bless.
I am so thankful I found this thread!  I am going through a similar situation right now and have found very little useful elsewhere on the web.  I was charting my BBT, so I thought I knew when I ovulated, but I had a slow rise over 5 days, so I guess I could be almost a week off (I had been assuming I ovulated at the beginning of the rise).

I had my first u/s at what I thought was 6w2d and the baby measured 6w1d with a heart rate of 97 bpm.  The doctor likes to see 100 bpm at that age, so she had me come in for a second u/s in a week.  I wasn't too concerned (97 to 100 seems like a rounding error).  I did some research and 97 seemed on the low end of normal but still in the normal range.  The doctor didn't seem too concerned.

I went in on Friday for the second u/s at what I thought was 7w3d and the heart rate was up to 120, so I was very relieved about that.  The baby, however, only measured 6w2d -- only one day of growth over 8 days!  I guess the first u/s operator could have measured the baby large (which would explain the slightly low heartbeat) and this operator could have measured a little small. From what I understand, the baby is so small at this point that a mm here or there can really change the dates.

I insisted on talking to the doctor after the u/s and she gave the pregnancy a 50/50 chance of being normal.  She said in about half the cases, the baby catches up and turns out to be totally normal.  In the other half of cases, the baby has a severe chromosomal defect and will miscarry or the next u/s will show no growth or no heartbeat.  The doctor was focused more on the improved heart rate (she thought it was good no matter if I was 6w2d or 7w3d) than on the slow growth.  Hopefully the strong heart rate is key!!  

The worrying and waiting is really hard.  A big part of me wishes that we didn't have all the medical technology and I could be blissfully ignorant of the "problems" with my pregnancy until I KNEW there was something to worry about.  My husband and I have been talking that in our next pregnancy we should forego u/s until at least 8 weeks.

What did your doctors have to say?  Has anyone had a similar experience and progressed through a normal pregnancy?  Thanks and good luck to you!
Unfortunately the person who posted this thread was from a year ago.  You should post your situation over on the pregnancy board so that they can help you better!  I'm so sorry your experiencing this.
Hi. I also am recently going through this situation. Initially all my bloodwork was low and they were thinking it was an ectopic pregnancy. All of a sudden the levels shot to normal and beyond. they saw the heartbeat and all seemed well. Last week should be 8 weeks and measuring 6w 5d so they are concerned again. Heartbeat was 140 though. There is no information out there. i go again today for another u/s so i guess we will see
I would like to know the outcome of your pregnancy ladies.  I too am going thru the same thing.  U/s at 6w4d measured at 6w0d baby.  6 days later, at 7w2d, my little baby only measure 6w3d.  I am dreadfully worried about this. My husband is optimistic and really believes that this is it for us (we have battled infertility).  I, on the other hand, have a hard time believing that this can turn out good.  the slow growth worries.  Not so much the fact that my baby is behind but more the fact that my baby grew only the equivalent of 3 days in 6 days time.  I read slow growth could be a sign of chromosomal anomalities.  
How did your u/s go?  Any news?  I am on pins and needles waiting for my next u/s on Thursday.  I'm prepared for the worst, but hoping for the best!  You're right -- it's frustrating how little information there is out there.  What I've learned is that ultrasounds before 8 weeks are quite unreliable for dating and that a good, strong heartbeat is an important factor.  I'm hoping the increasing heart rate for my little bean is a good sign.  I hope it was for you too.
Well, I thought I'd post an update here in case anyone comes across this thread with a similar problem.  Bad news yesterday. No heart beat, they didn't even bother telling me the size. The tech said that the baby had probably stopped growing before my last ultrasound, so the baby must have been around the same size.

I had the world's worst ultrasound tech who was the most unsympathetic human being ever. Not to mention that when she came into the room she told me I wasn't allowed to have an ultrasound today because I had already had my dating ultrasound! Sweetheart, look at the chart. I made sure I wrote down her name so I can specifically request someone else with my next pregnancy.  Don't these people have any sort of interpersonal skills training???

In any case, the doctor is trying to get me in for a D&C before next Wednesday (which is when they usually do them). I can't wait a whole week.

I'm lucky that I apparently get pregnant easily (this was our third cycle off the pill and only our second cycle actually trying -- and the other cycle we tried was a chemical). I'm a bit scared that I have a problem staying pregnant. Although they told me there's no reason to believe that at this point, they said they would send me to the infertility/genetics group if I wanted. We'll see...
Hi Ladies,  
               I'm going through some of the same issues that you all have posted. I had my first ultra sound, and measued at six weeks when I'm pretty sure that I'm seven (this is an unexpected pregnancy). The doctor was not at all sympathetic, and told me the pregnancy had a 50/50 chance of making it. I go back in a couple days. It is so difficult waiting for good or bad news, that it seems to be the only thing on my mind. I have read alot of different articles with women who have had the same issues and their babies seem to catch up. I was happy to see the heart beat was normal. but the doctor stated that it could be gone the next time I come in. My sisters friend is an ob doctor, and she had told her the story. She had said that the doctors try to give you the worst news so the can get you prepared for anything that may or may not happen. She said not to worry and a healthy heart beat is key. I just thought I would post this to give you all some relief. I hope it helps and God bless all of you in this difficult time. One more thing, I would just like to note that it would be really appreciated if the women would give the outcomes to their stories it would really put my non stop stressing at peace. Thanks again, and good luck.
Hey there, could you please let me know your outcomes?  I too am measuring 1 1/2 week behind with a lower heartrate.  I will go for an ultrasound in 2 days.  Am expecting no heartbeat, but really wanted to hear your stories.  Thank you.  I wish you all the best.  No one should have to go through this :)
my daughter in law is 8 days slow growth.  the birthing date is april 7th.  the baby heartbeat is good, mother is under a lot of stress due to lose of job with starbucks.  Starbucks fired her after 4 years of service knowing she was pregnant, my daughter in law is trying to get unemployment but starbucks is really mot be good.  Please pass this on to starbuck lovers, they are and have been prejudice towards my pregnant daughter in law.  She was a manager for them, i guess they didnt want to pay maternty leave.
anyway about the baby any one have gone though the slow growth and baby was born without any problems?
Hi ladies,
I am going through something very similar right now, however things are not looking in our favor and we are trying to stay positive. This is my first pregnancy with IUI and I am 7 weeks 1 day. I have had two us this week, one on monday (6 weeks 4 days) showing just a yolk sac, and again thursday (7 weeks) that showed an embryo (yay) but measuring a week behind with a v. slow HB 80bpm. The doctors are very concerned and not very optimistic. Does anyone have a success story with a similar situation?? AT this point it is in Gods hands.
I have a similar problem, my baby is measuring 2wks behind, I am currently 9wks.  I had 3 ultrasound one week apart, and on both visit the ultrasound measured 7wks. I am scared because my last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage.  My visit today didn't go to well, the doctor asked me to come in for another ultrasound in a week, and still if no progress we would have to make a decision if we should a DNC.

I found that to be so unsympathetic, but according to one of you ladies they try to prepare you for the worst.  But all I can say God gives life and I am not in any position to take life, I will let God be in control and his WILL will be done. I fell each of your pain and suffering because I am also facing that challenge and ladies God knows best.  I am certainly not going to let them do any DNC, sometime the situation turns around and only time will tell.

May God bless and strenghten each of you.  
Hello

my husband and I are very concerned now because we are showing about 2 weeks behind where we should be and we know our dates are correct. The heart beat in very low at 77 bpm.  My hcg are around the 40,000 mark but they are staying there and not rising. We should be about 8 weeks and we are only measuring at 6.3. Has anyone been in this situation and had a  healthy pregnancy? I feel good and there is no spotting.
Hi.

I am 27 weeks pregnant, almost 28 and about 3 weeks ago I found out that my baby girl is abnormally small. They looked for everything they normally do one an ultrasound and couldn't find a problem. Her heart is good and her blood flow, the placenta. They couldn't find anything worng, except that she was about two weeks behind in her growth.

I'm really worried about how everything is going to go when the time finally comes to deliver. They also asked me if I wanted an amniocentesis, but not being one to handle pain very well, I kinda shied away from the needle idea and said that I would have to think about it. What should I do? And how bad is an amio going to hurt???
I'm 42 y/o, 8 weeks pregnant and had an U/S today that showed an irregular heartbeat and slow growth (measured 6w/2d).  The doctor wasn't in and the tech wasn't helpful at all.  Anyone ever experienced this combo? Thanks!
Hi Ladies,

I am going through the same thing as well,  I have had 2 scans now the first was 4w6d and then 3weeks later i had another scan and it said i was 5w6d so in that 3 week period my baby only grew 1week.it is very sad and frustrating not knowing what is happening as i do have 3 healthy children.I just would like to know what is happening with  my baby growing so slow.I have another scan next wed which is a more indepth scan they say so i hope i find a little more out.i have read that if your baby grows slow that it could be down syndrome,so i hope i find something out soon.
To all the mother's that are going through the same thing as me or similar my heart goes out to you all.
I'm also measuring 2wks behind I thought I was 12 wks but u/s tech says 10wks she also was very unhelpful and basically ushered me out of the room with no info at all... I'm really scared an praying for good news when I go back in 2weeks please keep me updated with your stories sending lots of sticky glue an baby dust Vicky.
I met with my OB this week for a second u/s since on the first at 6wks showed the baby measuring 5.5wks.  This didn't seem like a big difference to me but I just had a bad feeling about the pregnancy--not a lot of symptoms & just an instinctual feeling.  So we went back this week, two weeks later, and the baby is now only measuring 6wk1day--basically a change of 4 days in 2 wks.  Also, there was only a flicker of a heartbeat. My OB told me that she is 99% sure I will miscarry.  I'm going back in a week to see what has happened in the meantime and to make decisions about when to have a d&c.  I can't say I had much hope after that, but I am curious about the outcomes of the pregnancies mentioned above who also had these issues.  
I also went in for my first u/s yesterday and left crying my eyes out. the tech said everything was there and baby had a strong heartbeat but I was measuring 6w 1d and I should have measured 7w 6d. she freaked me out and I ask to speak with a dr and she said no and we would do another u/s next wednesday before i meet the dr. She told me it could go either way. I feel so in the dark. I am literaly going crazy. I dont understand.
Do you know the exact date of ovulation and when it implanted? Late ovulation/implantation can easily cause both these to be off. Only being a week behind is extremely common and doesn't mean anything is wrong. Try not to worry yet until your next ultrasound is done.
It is possible that you didn't pregnant EXACTLY when you thought you did.  I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant by the ultrasound dates & dr's info but should be 29 weeks according to my info.  There is NO guarantee that you will ovulate on day 14 of your cycle every month & not every woman has the 28 standard cycle that dr's go by.  As long as the ultrasound dates & the baby growth agree then everything should be ok.  With every 1 of my kids (I've had 2 girls, still born twins & am pregnant with a boy) I've been given due dates spacing 2-3 weeks apart because the dating from my ultrasounds change.  PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ULTRASOUND MEASUREMENTS CAN BE WRONG BY UP TO 2 WEEKS EITHER WAY &/OR 8% !!
i.e. women being told the week before they give birth that their baby is gonna be over 8lbs & she gives birth to a 6lb 9oz baby the following week.  ULTRASOUNDS ARE NOT PERFECT & NEITHER ARE THE PPL WHO PERFORM THEM OR READ THEM.

Melissa
I am also going through the exact same situation. I went for my first u/s on wed 1/5 thinking I was 7wks 5 days, OB said I was measuring at 5wks6days. She was pretty heartless and hopeless and said she was 95% sure I would miscarry. I went for a second u/s the next day at the hospital which was also "inconclusive" they told me to wait a week and come back. They didn't order any blood tests and pretty much gave me no other information at all. Thankfully the Internet has given me some hope. There is an excellent website out there, www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com. Visit that site. The radiologist passively told me that I had a "tilted uterus", which my OB had never told me in 6 years. Come to find out from the internet that COULD be a huge factor in misdiagnosing a possible miscarriage and could possibly explain why the baby is measuring small. I go in for my 3rd u/s on wed, but I have decided either way that I am NOT having a d/c unless they are 150% sure, even then I might wait. There are so many stories out there of misdiagnosed miscarriages. It is scary, and doctors are just flat out aweful. I can't believe how many blogs I have read where the doctors are basically heartless and just push for the d/c. I hope my story and yours both end with happy, healthy babies!
Hi Caldymama, I am going through this SAME exact thing and I wanted to tell you what is happening with me and to hopefully give you some hope. At my 6w ultrasound they could only see a gestational sac with yolk sac. I was told to come back 10 days later. At my second u/s they discovered TWO yolk sacs, gestational sac measured 7w1d, but no fetal poles. The doctor immediately diagnosed m/c and told me to get a D&C right away. I just didn't feel right and was still experiencing morning sickness. Finally, at her repeated insistence, I scheduled a pre-op appointment so I could get another u/s to confirm. The doctor was ready to prescribe me the miscarriage pills when she found a fetal pole on the ultrasound. I was sent to radiology for a better scan the next day and after waiting 24-hours for the results, just found out yesterday that they discovered one baby with a heartbeat!! The baby is only measuring 6 1/2 weeks, but she said because I have both a tilted and heart-shaped (concave) uterus, this makes it hard to get a good scan and the variance is +/- 5 days. I am pretty sure of my dates b/c I charted and also had hcg level of 607 at 15dpo. Of course I am extremely cautious and concerned about the two week difference, but for now my baby is alive with a heartbeat. I am glad you are refusing a D&C. Hang in there, and trust your gut feelings, and go with your faith. I believe God is more powerful than any doctor's diagnosis and I received a true miracle yesterday. Please update how you are doing. God bless!
i am 8 weeks and measuring 6 weeks. had my 1st ultrasound and showed a fetal pole but no heartbeat. drs r saying 1/3 chance of miscarriage. i have a son who is 17 months old. he is an ivf baby. this pregnancy was "natural" so our disappointment is great. after 6 mos of trying and now this. too good to be true but we r hopeful we get pregnant again and soon. whereas, i am 39.5 ;-0
I wouldn't get too discouraged yet. Early ultrasounds can be off and if it was natural you might have ovulated late or had late implantation. Some women don't see a heartbeat until 8+ weeks. (It also depends on the quality of the machine) Schedule another ultrasound in a week or two and see what happens from there. Good luck.
just wanted to follow up to share my end result. not a favorable one...i went for my second us and it showed there was no growth. i am not suprised. whereas, i relied on the expertise of my dr. she was up front with me informing me of the likelyhood of this not being a viable pregnancy. she was both sincere and professional about it unlike some doctors i am sure. obviously, i hoped for a different outcome. i hoped so bad that she was wrong and wasn't as good at her job as i had heard she was.

i think itz always good to be positive but at the same time itz important to be realistic and to prepare yourself for the worst during circumstances like this. within in one weeks time, i experienced all the classic emotions...denial, anger, etc. and finally acceptance. itz odd that one could experience all this in such a short period of time.  obviously, i am extremely sad still but i am hopeful we get pregnant again and thatz what is helping me get thru this. the whole pregancy process is so hard both physically and emotionally.

i opted for a d&c b/c i have no signs of miscariage and itz already been 3 wks since the fetus stopped growing. w/that, i can't wait any longer. i need closure and soon.

i did want to mention that i am not sure if these web site forums are healthly or reliable for people to read b/c they r not medical doctor responses. however, i did like the fact that on this forum people shared their outcomes and since u don't have the opportunity to ask the questions to docotors at any given moment it did give me instant responses even if they were right or not. again, from my perspective, itz important to trust and rely on your doctors. if your not comfortable with them, then switch. their epxertise really seemed to help me coop with reality.

of course, i hope for the best for all your circumstances, but i think that people look on this website for positive feedback so they find a sense of hope but ask yourself...is it false hope?!  i am saying that i came to this site to see people in my same silmilar circumstance and hoped for their end results to be good ones so that for me i could hope for that same happy ending. however, in the end i was just delaying the inevitable...dealing with reality.

again, i am not here to burst your bubble. just trying to relay the message to not get false hope from forums and to rely on your doctors but of course science isn't always right ;-0

p.s. it was great to read all the happy ending stories!
Almost going through the same thing. 10weeks preggo- I do know because of the p. test, only measuring 7 weeks (which means i would of had to concieve (conceive) after the positive test...) Anyway- couldnt find a heartbeat, i have an U/s schedualed for tomorrow. I am very very depresed right now. I have had 2 healthy easy pregnacies 2 yrs apart. Always found the heartbeat at 8 weeks. Only good sign is he says my uterus looks healthy, and with m/c's it usually looks distorted. please pray for me!
Sadley the egg was not fertalized properly.. we dont have a baby :(
I went to the dr last week and I was measuring 6weeks2days but i was sure that I was 7weeks to the day.  The dr didn't seemed to worried just figured i ovulated late and to come back in next week for another ultrasound.  I am very worried and scared that something bad is going to happen.  just hoping and praying that everything is fine.
i should be 9 weeks pregnant but ultrasound scanning showed only 6w6d. Dr suggested me to come after 2 weeks for scanning.. its my first pregnancy and i am little worried..i dont have any other problem....
I am experiencing a similar situation to many of you who have posted here. This is my second pregnancy. My daughter is 3. Both times I got pregnant very easily. We planned this out. I stopped BC pills 3 months prior and kept track of my cycle, which is pretty regular. I used the ovulation sticks so I know when I was ovulating and there are two days where I think I must have conceived. I also felt twinges of pain across my abdomen just a few days later, which I think was the implantation taking place. I think I conceived on March 20 or 21 and on March 31 and April 1 I got positive pregnancy test results. I went in to my doctor last week at 7weeks 3 days since my last period and I was only measuring 5 weeks 5 days. The ultrasound picture says 0.21cm for the crown to rump measurement. The tech said I'm measuring small so I must not be as far along as I think... which totally threw me off didn't make sense. The heart beat was also low, although she didn't give me a number. I have to go back 2 weeks later to do another ultrasound. I'm really nervous that there could be a growth problem and about the heartbeat. I just want to know that everything is okay. Not a lot of reassurrance.
My last period started on 12.4.11. It was a 5 day period. I had my Follicle tracking on 14th, 16th & 18th day of my cycle. My cycle is usually of 32 days. My peak date was on 17th day. As per the tracking I ovulated between the 17th-19th day of my cycle. After 17 days from my peak day (29.4.11) I did BHCG, Urine & Progestrogen) tests. All came positive and Progestrogen level was very good. I did another BHCG & Progestrogen the following week and that came good too. I have all the symptoms of pregnancy staring from tender breasts to nausea. I did another Progestrogen test last saturday and that came fantastic too. Today it should be 8th week according to calculation. We went to the doctors and did our first scan. He couldnt find a foetal pole. We went to do another scan and the radiologist did find a foetal pole and calculated as 6 weeks 2 days. No heartbeat though. My gestation sac also measured as 6 weeks. I have been advised to do another scan after 2 weeks to get an accurate result. But my doctor is not hopeful as per the follicle tracking calculation. I have lost my first baby in 5 weeks in my womb last time. Is there any hope this time?
Looks like no one has posted for a few weeks with any outcomes.  Well, it sounds so scary because I feel that I am in a similar situation.  Went to dr yesterday and had vaginal ultrasound.  They measured me at 6.5 weeks but with my short 24 day cycle, I think I should really be 7.6 weeks pregnant.  So, if I actually conceived when they think I did, it would have only been ONE week before my period would be due.  
I think they are a week off.  They saw a heartbeat and didn't seem concerned.
I go to my high risk specilist in 4 weeks to do the nuchal test screening ultrasound, but I want o have another ultrasound before then.  What should I do?
Having a similar situation right now.  My LMP was either 5/4 or 5/10.  It started on 5/4 and stopped 2 days later - very odd.  It started full force 5/10.  I counted 5/4 as my LMP but could see where the later date would be counted.  So, by my calculations, I am 8w1d pregnant.  I am measuring 6w1d with a strong heartbeat of 121bpm.  The tech didn't seem concerned, pushed back my due date and sent me on my way.  There is no way that the new dates are correct though.  I know I had long since finished my period.  The doctor called shortly after I left and explained that he was very concerned about being 2 weeks off.  I kept asking questions about what it meant and I could tell that he didn't really want to give me any hard answers.  He did say that it is possible for it to end in a m/c.  I go back for another u/s next week.  Praying things go well.
I went in for my first US on Monday. Saw our little lima bean and heard a strong heart beat, though the Dr. did not give us the heart rate? I was 9 weeks, 4 days. She said I am measuring 8 days smaller. I was tracking and am sure within a 2 day window of when I ovulated. She said she wasnt going to change my due date and we should confirm on my next appointment(Ill be 13 weeks, 4 days.) Should I be concerned? After the appointment, everyone kept asking me what the heart rate was...is it normal for them to NOT share this with you? Was my doctor covering something?
Is there any truth that if your baby is behind With a fast heartbeat it's because the baby is going to b a girl... Any truth cause Im 10 weeks and 2 days n they say my baby is small. And when I look at my first sons ultrasound he was twice the size of my lil one that's growing right now.
9 week pregnant but baby growth only 6 week after checking 2 time ,may i take any precaution for baby growth?
i just went to  my app 24/8/11   for my ultrasound am right at 8w ,i was so happy because i got pregnant true ivf.i went to my first u/s and the doc said the baby was small and the heart beat was slow.  she told me i have a chase of miscarriage,she didn't have a heat went she was telling me this. i didn't know what to think .she didn't give info on anything and left the room and i was clueless  
I'm wondering if anyone out there has a doctor that knows anything about this. I'm on my eleventh pregnancy (I have no problems getting pregnant). I have five beautiful children and have had five miscarriages, three of the miscarriages were in the last two years. In all of those cases the babies measured small and were underdeveloped. I've been to what passes for experts in my area and none have any idea what is wrong. With this pregnancy I went in at five weeks and had the pregnancy confirmed by my midwife. At that point the sac was measuring 4 weeks 5 days so I'm sure on my dates. When I went in yesterday the baby was only measuring 8 weeks when we know I'm ten. There was still a heartbeat, but I'm not reassured since most of my miscarriages have been after 14 weeks. I've had chromosomal testing done and none of the babies were abnormal. Has anyone had a similar situation and figured out what was going on? I'm open to any ideas at this point.
my last menstrual period was 15 december 2010, my peiod lasts for 30 days so i ovulated on day 15which was on the 30 of december, today i should be 39 weeks pregnant counting from the first day of my last period but i am only measuring 37 weeks, which puts me 2 weeks off. my doctor explained to me that ultrasounds can be  2 weeks off because ultrasounds measure the age of the baby from when it was conceived which is normally two weeks after the first day of your period, thats where people get too confused but it does make lot of sence.
Unfortunately our first pregnancy ended in a Silent miss-carriage. It is heart breaking to go through. The only symptoms are that you suddenly no longer feel pregnant ie: no longer nauseous, no longer tired... We had been for a scan at what we thought was 8 weeks, our ob said that we were measuring at about 6 weeks. Then on our next visit the doctor said there was no heart beat and there was no growth. He never insisted upon a D/C, I wanted to wait another week or so, just to be sure it wasn't just a bad reading. 1 week and a half later I went and saw him again, and told me the same thing, so I booked in for the surgery. It is worth getting a second opinion, it sounds like there are some really inconsiderate doctors out there. We are now pregnant again, it is only early days as we are now seven weeks and we have a strong heart beat which is positive. You have to stay positive, and try to remember that there is nothing to worry about until there is something to worry about.
Just as an update from my last post, we had our scan at nine weeks and everything was doing just fine. Baby had grown normally and its heart beat was at 180 bpm which is normal. It was such a relief! I think this scan was a big deal for me as it was the same time that we found out that we had lost our last pregnancy. Just thinking positive thoughts now :-)
Hi there,  

Maybe you can try to seek a qualified and experienced acupuncturist to help you with your future pregnancy.  Acupuncture and herbal medicine can help make your body stronger for future pregnancy and deliver more nutrients to your baby while you are pregnant.