Maternal & Child Community
A Very Drooly 3 month old...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

A Very Drooly 3 month old...

my (2nd) daughter is going to 3 months old on the 7th...and she is sooooooo drooly, my husbands grandmother says she is cutting teeth!!  no way!  there are no other signs, she isn't fussy, no low grade temp.  there are 10 years between our daughters, but i don't remember anything at all about our first being so slimy!!  to give you an idea, she has constant spit bubbles coming out of her mouth...very cute, but very odd. what else could it be?  also, we are still looking for that perfect crib...that isn't outragiously priced, would love a heads up.
Related Discussions
14 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi. I'm not a mommy yet (27 weeks) but I always here that when they drool alot, its because there teething. My best friends baby is almost 4 months and is already teething. So maybe she's right?  
How much did you want to spend on a crib? I just purchased a nice one from Buy buy baby but it was a little pricy depending on who you ask.
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
My bet is on teething.  The drool part can happen weeks before you see any teeth.  
Blank
183690_tn?1189759432
on the crib by itself...maybe 250...to 300, i would love to find one cheaper, but not ****.  alot has changed in 10 years, right now she is in a wonderful bassinet, but it won't be much longer, and she is going to outgrow that.
Blank
158812_tn?1189759426
Teething 'signs and symptoms' can begin about 4 weeks prior to the eruption of an actual tooth.  She just has a lot of saliva right now, and it may even be giving her some diarreha.  
Blank
I have this book called "Baby Bargins" and they recommend some of the cribs at local furniture stores, like regular furniture stores that might sell childrens furniture. They usually have them stocked (mine is a 6-8 weeks lead time) and they are a bit cheaper as to compare with the bigger baby stores.  ALso, They recommended some brands that Target sells. If you can, buy the book, its great.  The book itself goes through lots of the makers and there safety issues etc..
Blank
182352_tn?1231187010
My 5 mo old has been drooling since about 3 months, and he's been chewing on his own hands too. He has no other signs of teething, but apparently the drooling can start young. As far as the crib goes , we got ours from Babies r us. It was a good price ($299), and the quality is very good also. The brand is called jardine enterprise. It was very easy to put together too. We are very happy with it.  
Blank
My daughter started drooling heavily at 2 months old.  My husband cut teeth when he was 3 months old.  I had my daughter to teh pediatrician when she was 2 months insisting to him that she was teething... he said he didnt see anything.  Needless to say, she is now 11 months old and now finally just cut her first tooth about 2 weeks ago.  

Blank
My grandson is 3 months and has all the same stuff going on.  The bowing bubbles is cute but I to would like to know what would cause the bubble blowing.  Perhaps it is that the nervous system is not totaly formed yet and they have no control but I have not seen any other baby doing the bubble thing....until you stated that your child does.  No one who wrote you mentioned any ideas pertaining to that ...
Blank
163557_tn?1244116542
My son is 4 months old and has been drooling like crazy since about 2 1/2 months.  We have to keep a bib on him at all times because he gets soaked with drool.  I think it's the beginning of teething, but the Dr. said he probably won't actually get teeth for another month or 2.  He also chews on his hands like crazy.
The Dr. also told us a couple of months ago that family members would probably insist that he's cutting teeth, but he's not yet...
Blank
246850_tn?1246163948
my first thought when i read the title of this post without even opening it was cutting teeth! this is about the time the drooling would start.
Blank
193609_tn?1292183893
my 3 month old just started drooling A LOT....! Teething is what my mother suggested.
Blank
150937_tn?1235947480
My dd was teething for MONTHS...she started DROOLING around 3 months too, she is now 10 months old, and she has 6 teeth!!!  My niece was 2 months old when she cut her first tooth! So anything is possible.  Good luck,
I used lots of bibs too!  
Blank
177465_tn?1288242063
I worked with kids for 6 years at daycares and have lots of friends with kids. It seems like every baby starts this drooling business around 3 months. I remember at daycare thinking that "the drooler" would be teething soon, but it always was a month at least before all the other symptoms of teething would show up followed by that adorable 1st tooth! :)
Blank
1511290_tn?1322736086
I have been wondering about this drooling thing with my twin girl, one even bubbles. At first i thought it was teething, but after ready all the comments here, I know it's just babies. when ever they are ready for teething i'll be there for them.  :))
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank