Maternal & Child Community
ALLERGIC REACTION

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

ALLERGIC REACTION

Has anyone had their child immunized and within two days was covered head to toe in ugly smooth/raised/distorted shaped hives? My PD had no clue what caused it and was convinced the immunization was not the cause. Saw a specialist and he confirmed it was the immunization.But unable to say what in the shot cause the hives/rash.
I took my son in for all his shots separately, partly because I was concerned that if he had a reaction, we would never know which one it was.  What age is the child and what particular shots was he or she getting that time?  There might have been a new one in there and the other ones were just followups of the earlier shots (i.e., number two in a series, etc.) and you would be able to narrow it down that way.