Maternal & Child Community
Abdominal Muscle Spasms
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abdominal Muscle Spasms

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with 2 questions.

I am 32, have 1 missed spontaneous abortion at 14 weeks. I am recently pregnant again. My cycles are about 35 days long and I tested on the 36th day and got a weak positive line on the home pg test.  I have all the pregnancy symptoms, no vomiting. I am now 37 days post LMP.

My first question is that my symptoms, though more intense this time around, flucuate throughout the day.  The breast tenderness was especially bad on day 35 post LMP, and sort of waxes and wanes.  Nausea flucuates too, usually a backdrop but not consistent.  Is that normal, to have fluctuation?  

Second question has to do with several episodes of abdominal spasms last night that woke me out of a sound sleep.  Apparently I stretch a lot in my sleep, and each time I went from a curled up position to a stretched-out one, I got intense muscular abdominal cramps, like charley horse.  The went away instantly when I curled back up.  They felt like surface muscles, not like period cramps.  Has anyone had this?  All I can think of is that I have a retroverted uterus, could this be related? Should I call my doc?

Thanks,
Shira

Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hey, I'm 32 as well and have a 9 year old son and had a miscarriage last week (due to a blighted ovum), followed by a d and c.  I was about 9 wks. preg.  I experienced very similar muscle spasms for about a week or so leading up to the miscarriage.  They were at night or when I would finally lay down and relax.  They felt like the spasms or twitches you get on your eyelids that are so annoying.  Do you know what I am talking about?  They were not period cramps but rather very superficial or surface muscle twitches in my abs around my belly button.  I wonder now if they were a form of a contraction due to the fact that I was micarrying?  I'm by no means trying to scare you or discourage you; just giving you a little insight from experience.  Hopefully your symptoms are no big deal.  Let me know your outcome.  Good luck.
Blank
Hi Shira,
I think I am pregnant (just barely) and my breasts will be sore at different times of the day - sometimes sore sometims not.
And some parts of the day I feel really tired and sometimes not.
I have headace off and on.  I never get headache.
I have not taken preg test yet, does this sound pregnant to you?
Good luck on this pregnancy for you!
Diane
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979