Maternal & Child Community
Abdominal discomfort at 25 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Abdominal discomfort at 25 weeks

I am currently 25+ weeks pregnant and at least a few times a day I have abdominal pain and discomfort (pulling, stretching feeling).  It does not feel like contractions because it can last up to an hour.  I had kidney stones last week and it does not feel like that again.  This has been happening on and off for weeks.  I am not sure if it is just the extra weight of my belly causing the discomfort.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?  Is this normal?? Thanks for your help.
I think from now you just strech a lot without releasing it.

I just feel like I have suddenly streched so much in the last few weeks.

To me it sounds like everything is just expanding to make way for the sudden growth of your baby.

If it hurts a lot though I would ask the doctor, they say to call them if you have any concerns.

You have what is called round ligaments under you belly they are stretching and making you belly grow to make rom for the baby sometimes they can be very painful but are perfectly normal, if it accompanies bleeding or continues to get more severe then call you doc
I know what you mean, everytime I get a pain I worry and I just want to be done.  I am so thrilled to be pregnant and consider myself very fortunate but I feel terrible.  Between the heartburn, swollen ankles, kidney stones, carpal tunnel in my wrist, and all the pain I feel at times I am ready to hold her in my arms.  They say childbirth is like having kidney stones so I should be ready-yeah we'll see!! :) LOL
We are around the same 26 weeks and yesterday I had to call my doctor due to abdominal pain I was having on my right side.  Over the weekend it was real bad - after I would empty my bladder I could not even stand up straight.  I thought it was gas until it didn't go away and yesterday I called.  They said it most likly is those ligament pains.  I had a pull and had those pains earlier in pregnancy but they felt a little different then this but I guess they are just more intense now that the baby is bigger and moving.

Or it could be trapped gas, I am constipated and have been since about 8 weeks.

Good Luck, you sure are having a rough week.
I think it is round ligament pain also and I do get constipated too!  I go for my glucose test next Tuesday, I hope that it turns out ok.  Did you have the test yet??  I don't know about you but I am ready for the next  3 months to be over, I just want her in my arms. Talk to you soon! :)
YES, I am so ready to deliver my little girl or guy.  I love my baby and would go through anything for him/her but I hate being pregnant.  I am not complaining because I know how blessed I am after everything I have been through but it literally hurts being pregnant.  I am so moody and constipated and get these weird pains.  I dont know how people say they love it.  

I love feeling the baby and wondering about the baby but I hate what my body is doing.  My baby loves Janice Joplin, I never even listened to her before it just came on the radio and the kicks oh my.  So I burned her CD and the baby loves it.  That stuff I like - everything else is for the birds :)

I cant wait to see what childbirth is like.  hahaha
Thats funny, yes, then you will be ready.  I forgot about the heartburn too.  I have that every night Tums help, just try not to fall asleep with them in your mouth I woke up choking on one the other night.  lol