Maternal & Child Community
Aches and pains when preggo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Aches and pains when preggo

Anyone out there having butt bone pains when they sit?

Kassimom, I know you're close to me...Are you having any of this?
When I was pregnant, I had TERRIBLE pain in my pelvis.  It almost felt like it was going to split.  It hurt when I got up from sitting, it hurt when I tried to flip over in bed!  It actually didn't hurt when I was standing.  I finally figured out that it was more of a muscle pain than the bone.  My sister in law said she has awful pain in her tailbone. (she's due in 2 weeks) I guess its one of the many joys of pregnancy!  I'm sorry I can't help, but at least you know that you aren't alone!
I had the same pain in my bum area (Tail Bone) since I was 12 weeks up to about my 24th week.  It is right near where your bum begins and it was horrible at first but I got use to it.  It has gone away thankfully.  It is from your uterus getting bigger.  Good luck

Gina
I had a problem with my sciatic nerve today.  I thought I would die with every step I took.  Not to sound rude hon but get used to the pain now.  I think it all gets worse the farther along you get.  I look at it this way though..... It is all worth it in the end.  Think of what you get out of the deal.  Good Luck and take care.
I had back pain more than butt pain, but while at home, I laid flat on my massage/heat pad which really helped. AT work I bought those thermal pads you can stick on you. THey heat up in about 30 minutes and they are good for the whole day.
good luck!
OMG Yes I am having such pains in my butt! LOL

It's not butt BONE pains, but sometimes I swear I feel like this baby is trying to climb out of my butt hole! (Sorry TMI!)

Occasionally I get this feeling like the baby is lying sideways in my belly rather than parrallel to my body. As if the head is right at my back and the feet are at my navel!! It's so annoying because that's when it feels like he/she is pushing so hard on my anal area!! I hope I don't need a colostomy bag when I am done with this pregnancy! LOL

Hav eyou been getting a whole new rush of ligaments stretching again too? I escaped them for a few weeks there, but here they are again. Those sharp little pains way low in my abdomen.

The joys of pregnancy!!
Dear Emma1,
            I know when I was pregnant with my beautiful littel man I had tones of Aches and pains, it is quit normal to have pains, its just getting you ready is all. You haven't felt acheing yet lol. If you don't mind me asking how far alone are you.
I was having that same pain.  Nina and Shari13 was also having it as well.  It is not so much a sciatic nerve as it feels like your tailbone.  It actually hurt so bad at one point I was sure it was fractured.  Anyway there is hope my pain started at about 12-13 weeks and went away by about week 20.  So hang in there. Counterpressure is what would usually help to relieve it I would stand with that part of my back against something hard like the counter, a wall or have someone use their hand to apply pressure (obviously be careful) to that specific part of my back.   Or if he is willing try having DH massage it, that seemed to help a little with me.  I would have DH massage so hard he thought he was going to break my back.
When I was pregnant I would have severe pelvic pain. My solution... I got a new mattress. Trust me, it makes all the difference in the world. My original mattress was old and the springs were poking through. My new mattress was thick, soft,  comfortable, and supportive. Most of my pain went away after sleeping on the new mattress for a couple of days. I didn't even realize that the mattress was the problem until after the new one arrived.