Administration of progesterone suppositories
My doctor has prescribed progesterone suppositories in order to get conceived. she has adviced me to insert 400 mg suppositories twice a day.she said me it will balance the hormone levels and will give a support if progesterone level is low in me. she didnt do any test or scan before prescribing me the medicine.I searched on net, read lots of forums, wherever i am reading, people are saying it is administered for miscarriages or after IVF. i am really confused now. I hope i dont have any problems to do IVF as i have a boy of 10 years already.please tell me is that really needed for me to conceive?if it is needed when should i start using it?and what should be the dosage?is 400mg twice a day overdose for me?I am frustrated a lot as i am not conceiving since 6 months' ttc.
Progesterone will not hurt, even if it is not necessary.  If you are concerned, ask her to test your progesterone levels (a blood test).  But if you do use them they are not going to cause an issue.  It does not help you conceive, it helps you retain the pregnancy.  (That is, if your problem is low progesterone.)
hi annie,
    I consulted another doctor, she advices me to do HSG to find out any block in fallopian tube.Now i will ask her about the blood test in which i can find out my progesterone level.thank you for ur kind reply.