Maternal & Child Community
Always feels wet in undies....am I leaking urine? Nervous

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I saw the heartbeat yesterday, and afterwards, last night, I had to go to the bathroom really bad and got up and I felt this leaking and it was wet and clear....  I tried not to get scared....but today I feel like my undies are still wet a lot.....and I've been drinking a lot.

HOw do I know if I'm just leaking some urine or if it's something bad?  I'm really scared!
OMG!!  When I saw your post I had to register and reply immediately!  I DO NOT want to scare you, but a friend of mine a few years back was preg. and she was complaining of the same thing.  She was filling a couple of pads a day.  She finally went to the Dr. to see what was going on.  They came to the conclusion that she was leaking amniotic fluid.  10 days later she felt something hard coming out of her vagina and went to the hospital.  Low and behold she gave birth to her 25 week old deceased baby girl.  (it was the baby's foot that was sticking out) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call your Dr. immediately!!!!!!!!  Do not take this lightly!
From about 6wks on I had lots o discharge, my ob had a name for it(long & I dont remember)it was completely normal. Not enough to soak pads or anything like that. I checked several times because it felt like af. But just extreme dampness to like a "I sneezed and peed a little", sorry, I know TMI. But ob said was increase in secretions to help prevent infection.
Please keep us posted on what your doctor says.  I have had wetness my entire pregnancy - I am now 26 weeks.  I MUST wear a panty liner every day or else my undies would be all wet.  Sometimes clear sometimes yellow, etc.  Gross I know but doc says it is normal - as long as the smell is not foul (infection) not to worry about it.  I do not soak through the panty liner just wet.

Thanks....I called my doctor and I'm gonna ask them to see if they can check me out just to make sure.  I am so scared!  There really isn't any kind of smell....just wet.....it's weird.  I'm so nervous something is wrong!
Allie,  I hope that you have gotten your question answered.  For reassuring benefit, I just started my 11th week (I think I'm sooo confused).  Anyhow, pantyliners and things of that nature might help, it is likely to be the cm and urine.  I hope this is all it is!
Oh dear Allie I hope you didnt get all fusted about this cos of me mentioning that it could have been urine in your previous posting today!  If the doc confirms all is good you should really take the advise of us here and chill alittle or else you are going to cause yourself more heartache and grief than what is totally needed.  My appologies once again for alarming you, was not my intention as 99% of "wet" is normal in pregnancy....be aware now that it will come and go and get more heavier as your pregnancy progresses!

Trudy
I have the same issue, I am currently 17 weeks. I have had it for a few weeks, and agree with some of the other posts to always wear a panty liner or something like that. I know it can be scary when anything comes out! I have discussed with my dr and as long as its not a "drip" she tells me to not be too concerned. Good luck!
I'm between 34-35 wks now, since the first few weeks of preg., I've had discharge, it's gone from runny,clear, whitish, to thick yellowish, and now it bounces back and forth from clear whitish to thick yellowish, before it wasn't so bad I needed to wear anything, but I've been wearing a liner since about my fourth month for that "just-in-case-urine-protection" although for me, I didn't end up actually needing it till about 5 months. It probably is something to do with your hormones in my opinion, but you should always at least ask your doc if you're worried, to ease your mind if nothing else... Good luck!!!
***STICKY BABY DUSTIES***!!!
As far as I know.  I am 23wks and had to wear a panty liner practically from day 1 and in the first trimester remember having to change a couple of times a day and it wasnt amniotic fluid.  I went thru patches of it, like for weeks I got extremely wet and then for a day or so I was dry as??? I mentioned this in passing to my ob/gyn who gave me the answer that the hormones are just playing catch up and it is either the same or similar substance to getting aroused (sorry tmi) or you need to empty your bladder more frequently.... I empty regularly now but still have wetness below.

Thinking of you hun...think positive!

Trudy
they can easily test and see if its amniotic fluid... if you're worried, ask them to test. i've had some increased clear-white CM during the pregnancy but never the thin liquid you're describing.
I'm about the same stage as you (8w2d) and almost from the beginning I've noticed a clear discharge -- amount varies by day.  My doctor confirmed that it is very normal.  I also think that I've read that there isn't very much amniotic fluid this early in pregnancy, so my guess is that is not what it is.  Congratulations on hearing the heartbeat.  I've read that our chances of miscarriages decrease tremendously once the heartbeat is detected.  Good luck!
I'm 34 weeks and have been having the same issue since day 1 of my pregnancy.. My doc says that a constant leak would be noticable to you more than just a bit of moisture in your undies, BUT it should be checked... God bless and good luck
i was that way at first, very early into pregnancy. i woke up one night and flung the covers off of me so fast and hard i woke my hubby up and not really grabbed my panties, but put my hand down there to make sure i didnt pee my panties. Thank goodness.
Very odd looking over at my husband and seeing his face and him saying what in the he** are you doing. and me just telling him. making sure i didnt just pee my self.
Trudy, you didn't alarm me....I was alarmed yesterday when I felt this minor gush .....  I'm sure it's probably nothign, I'm just scared that it's the amniotic fluid or something.  But I'm trying to calm down.  So it's okay to have really damp panties a lot?
im having the same i going to the toilet alot im scared
i'm 9th weeks... N some time i find something wet on my underdress .... I'm scared... Someone told me that its not a healty thing to be happened...
Whats that fluid that is coming out.. Just feel like that i'm passing urine...  
But my mom said its normal... Huhh whats that ...