Maternal & Child Community
Am I being silly!? Can't feel baby moving any more

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am almost 19 weeks and have been feeling the baby move pretty often until 2 days ago - heard the heartbeat last thursday and all seemed fine. I am just really worried...would I know if something had happened??
If you can't feel the baby go to the ER.
You can call your doctor, but honestly I believe they will tell you the same thing  I'm about to. At 19wks it is not uncommon to not feel movement for days or even a wk depending on if this is your first child. I felt my first movements at 16wks then nothing for 2wks. Then it was very sporadic and didn't become a everyday occurance till I was about 22wks.
i would never dismiss someone's concerns, and if you are really worried then call your dr, but i did want to say that my baby went through those periods where i couldn't feel her around then, just as darkest described to you. i got a bit nervous too, but i had rented a doppler, so i just used that to check on her. with the doppler i knew she was moving since the hb would move away from the probe, but i still couldn't feel the movements. the baby is still very small at that point. he or she probably just turned or flipped and is kicking somehwere you can't feel yet. But, you are not being silly. it's scary to not know what's going on.  this decision is yours to make. i personally wouldn't go to the ER, especially on a holiday!
I am 18 weeks and I feel my baby (second) everyday, so I would be concerned if I were you too. Is there anyway you can get your baby moving?? I know I get concerned sometimes, because the baby isn't big enough for me to get it to move by just poking it. It is very active though...I know some woman can get there baby to move by laying on their side and drinking something sugary and cold, like juice. I know that my baby moves a lot if I have one caffinated drink, like iced tea or soda once in a while. I can also get my baby to move by bringing my knees to my chest and sitting in that position for a while...That always works for me. See if you can get your baby moving before you run to the ER on a holiday...I know my baby has slow days, maybe your is napping right now:) Good luck to you!
I'm 21 weeks and just starting to feel the baby move everyday.  Do not make yourself worry too much.  At 18-20 weeks there were days where I would worry if the baby was not moving but I knew the baby was okay.  Just wait until you are further along and it starts moving in the middle of the night.  
call your dr to ease your mind.  when you feel something is wrong (even when it might not be) its best to call your dr rather than count on us. while we give great advice and know lots of info, your dr would be the right one to make the call on waiting or going to the er. i am only 16 weeks but i can say i went a few days without movement as well.
Im 24 weeks now but when I was 19 I didnt feel my baby moving for a day and I got really worried so I went to my brother in law who has an u/s, on the u/s the baby was moving every where, even turned around and gave us his back and with all the movements the baby did, I felt nothing at alllllll.  I then realized that the baby could be moving a lot when I dont feel it, yours is the same Im sure, it could be dancing around and u dont feel it.  If u still feel worried then u better speak to ur Dr and see if he ll do a u/s for u.  Im pretty sure ur baby is doing fine,  

good luck