Maternal & Child Community
Am I capable of getting pregnant on my own?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

So I'm 17 years old and my boyfriend says he 's going to ask me to marry him in a year when I get out of high school. It's hard to describe how much we love each other. We've been going out for a year and we're now just starting to have sex. I've been on birth control the entire time and we've been using condoms. We've had sex about 30 times in the past 4 months and I haven't gotten pregnant. Does that mean we're just really lucky or does this mean that might not be capable of getting pregnant naturally in the future? Kinda a stupid question huh?
You are on birth control and have been using condoms, that would appear to be why you are not pregnant.  Am I misunderstanding your question?
Your questions are so all over the map I have to think this is a joke.  You can "do it" thousands of times while on birth control and not get pregnant.  That's what birth control is.  

I'm not quite sure I understand why in some of your posts you've just now started having sex,  and in some you've had lots of sex before getting on birth control,  etc.

To answer your basic question,  no,  it doesn't mean you're basically "lucky" if birth control works.
Avatar n tn
Well you obviously dont understand the concept of birth control which ultimately states.... You are nowhere near ready to bring a child into the world. My advice would be research birth control, and mature a little! X