Maternal & Child Community
Amoxicillin and pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Amoxicillin and pregnancy

Is it safe to take amoxicillin during pregnancy. I am 24 weeks. My dentist prescribed it, but it seemed like he had to confer with all of his colleges before writing the prescription. What do think?
I took amoxicillian for a sinus infection when I was about 24 weeks.  I think it's OK.  :)

I had pink eye also...when it rains it pours!  :)
It is safe to take : ) It is a nice mild broad spectrum antibiotic, used for a multitude of reasons. just keep an eye out for yeast growth, seems worse while pg.

Andi
totally safe
I took it in the first trimester and Im taking it again. Its safe!
very safe. Most Dr.'s and denists are just afraid of pregnant women.
If you are worried about any drug you are taking while a pregnant you can enter it in on this site and it will tell the risk.  Also you can always ask your pharmacist. Good luck and congrads!

http://www.safefetus.com/Search.asp
I am currently 28 weeks pregnant and have some sort of throat infection.  So I was given amoxicillin...it is safe.
I need to correct myself....the above post said until I have "the babies" I meant baby!!!!!!! My friend is having twins and I spend to much time talking to her LOL! :) sorry!
BTW di you have an abcess (abscess) or something anf that's why they gave that to you. Just in case there is an infection you can also have dental work done at this time. I had an abcess (abscess) but I need actual oral surgery and they won't do it until after the babies are here because either I need IV sedation or they're going to use so much lidocaine they can't give me that amount while pregnant is what they say. But I think I would rather wait as wisodm teeth are coming out and eating may not be fun and that's all I want to do right now at 36 weeks :)
I am 6 weeks pregnant . My 2 children have come down with strep throat. My childrens doctor gave them meds and also gave me amoxicillian . I am sick but my throat doesn't hurt . I asked an ob at the hospitial just to make sure since my first apointment isnt untill 4 th of next month . They all told me it was perfectly safe.
40 and pregnant
I was prescribed amoxicillin and I have asked my dr. and they said it was totally safe. I am 18 weeks pregnant and I was prescribed amoxicillin for a sinus infection. It is safe!!!!
im 4 weeks pregnant and taking amoxicillin and have diarrhea(sorry tmi) do any of you have any sympthoms from the meds?
Maybe try something natural like eating yogurt with a culture in it for a few days.  That usually helps me when I take antibiotics.