Amoxicillin and pregnancy
Is it safe to take amoxicillin during pregnancy. I am 24 weeks. My dentist prescribed it, but it seemed like he had to confer with all of his colleges before writing the prescription. What do think?
I took amoxicillian for a sinus infection when I was about 24 weeks.  I think it's OK.  :)

I had pink eye also...when it rains it pours!  :)
It is safe to take : ) It is a nice mild broad spectrum antibiotic, used for a multitude of reasons. just keep an eye out for yeast growth, seems worse while pg.

Andi
totally safe
I took it in the first trimester and Im taking it again. Its safe!
very safe. Most Dr.'s and denists are just afraid of pregnant women.
If you are worried about any drug you are taking while a pregnant you can enter it in on this site and it will tell the risk.  Also you can always ask your pharmacist. Good luck and congrads!

http://www.safefetus.com/Search.asp
BTW di you have an abcess or something anf that's why they gave that to you. Just in case there is an infection you can also have dental work done at this time. I had an abcess but I need actual oral surgery and they won't do it until after the babies are here because either I need IV sedation or they're going to use so much lidocaine they can't give me that amount while pregnant is what they say. But I think I would rather wait as wisodm teeth are coming out and eating may not be fun and that's all I want to do right now at 36 weeks :)
I am currently 28 weeks pregnant and have some sort of throat infection.  So I was given amoxicillin...it is safe.
I need to correct myself....the above post said until I have "the babies" I meant baby!!!!!!! My friend is having twins and I spend to much time talking to her LOL! :) sorry!
I am 6 weeks pregnant . My 2 children have come down with strep throat. My childrens doctor gave them meds and also gave me amoxicillian . I am sick but my throat doesn't hurt . I asked an ob at the hospitial just to make sure since my first apointment isnt untill 4 th of next month . They all told me it was perfectly safe.
40 and pregnant
I was prescribed amoxicillin and I have asked my dr. and they said it was totally safe. I am 18 weeks pregnant and I was prescribed amoxicillin for a sinus infection. It is safe!!!!
im 4 weeks pregnant and taking amoxicillin and have diarrhea(sorry tmi) do any of you have any sympthoms from the meds?
Maybe try something natural like eating yogurt with a culture in it for a few days.  That usually helps me when I take antibiotics.
I'm 7 months one week pregnant . I have a ear infection caused by viral infection had sore throat N congestion which I now would trade for this awful ear infection  which they put me on amoxicillin and claritin and told Me take tylenol for .. pink eye developed 2-3 days after started  antibiotics which my doctor found strange I'm hoping it will clear fast BC didn't give me anything in addition for it and also got yeast infection from the antibiotics!!!!  Which is by far the most miserable of everything and have to use 7 day treatment monistat.  I have been taking Meds 5 days now and I felt at first better than worse than better like every other day.  If not better by Tuesday and hearing not fully intact will switch antibiotic Ughh so frustrated BC I am so pregnant and so miserable I mean I could have handled congestion N such but ear, eye,  viral, N yeast infection!  My God!  I'm suffering over here!  But amoxolcillin antihistamine like benedryl Claritin are all safe and they told me to use saline nasal spray which has help a little I think..  I'm hoping this will go away soon I have to work as well and I'm losing my mind the eye and yeast infection esp have me concerned BC who knows how long may take to clear up.. I've had a seriously bad type of pink eye in past lasted nearly 2 months couldn't see and eye bled!!! I'm terrified to experience that again although this case seems more mild I really hope it stays that way and clears up and yeast infection I could always use 1day treatment now it's 7 day one and just isn't as strong and relieving 1200mg medicine compared to 100mg makes me wonder if it's going to do the job..  I'm trying to avoid sugars and stay dry ..been healthy whole pregnancy.. I mean boy when it rains it pours.... A LOT!
^^^^^^^^^^^