Maternal & Child Community
Ankle pain, wrist pain finger pain.. anybody else had this? Open Forum ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ankle pain, wrist pain finger pain.. anybody else had this? Open Forum if needed

Hi Girls,

I'll be 17 weeks tomorrow and for the last couple of days the joints in my ankles, fingers, and wrists have hurt. There isn't really any noticible swelling (my fingers swelled a little bit one day but are back to normal. Having had a miscarriage prior to this one I'm ultra paranoid about every little thing. Anyone else had this kind of pain during pregnancy and what causes it? Any ideas? Feel free to use as another open forum if needed.
I have had this more recently.  I am almost 37 weeks, and it has gotten worse lately.  I think it is normal.
Your body does alot of adjusting when pregnant   but almost sounds like arthritis since you talk alot about the joints.You are early in your pregnancy  how much weight have you gained so far  alot of weight will put additional strain on  the joints

Is it worse in cold or damp weather?
cin- you know that's what I thought at first... but it seems unlikely. it came on all the sudden and i'm still pretty young..

its worse in warm weather (it's been 80 degrees down here the last few days, and muggy)

i haven't gained any weight with this pregnancy yet. in fact I've lost 12 lbs (doc says not to worry about it since I'm overweight to start with and I'm eating healthy).

i'm clueless, unless its a hormone thing... i don't know... it sure was easier being pregnant in my 20's LOL!!!!
nah. not worrying. just wondering what was up. it's not even that bad of a pain. just achy. i don't even need to take tylenol to deal with it. i'm just ultra paranoid. :o)
Hi how are you, my wife has RA which is reumathoid arthritis, she has had this condition since the age of seven and is now 26 years old.  I am always looking for advice on this and many other websites because we are trying to conceive and there are so many things i thought i knew that i did not.. Anyways back to your questions many women develop this condition during or after pregnancy due to the dramatic changes of hormones.. For some the symtoms (symptoms) disapear after pregnancy and some they never go away but can be treated.  Rheumatoid arthritis is when your own immune system attacks the joints.. I am by no means an expert or pretend to be but i have been with my wife who suffers from this condition for 8 years so have leaned quite a bit about it.  It is something your doctor can test you for by (RH factor test). If you ask him or her to..  nothings says that this is what it is but its something to rule out.

Anyways, hope this helps a little
soory if i am making you worry.
take care
best of luck.
YVES
Well age dont matter about anything any more thats the scary part  kids get cancer, etc.

Well maybe being over weight (me too-lucky us) and the changing of your body together your achy,
Hope you feel better
Hey Stacie,
I am sure I read somewhere that you are more prone to repetitive strain injuries when pregnant. If you are at a computer a lot, that could be your answer. I wouldn't worry. Just one more freaky way mother nature reminds us that there is a baby taking over:)
Could be mild carpal tunnel syndrome (wrist and hands), which happens to pregnant women and then goes away (usually) after birth. The pain is caused by compression of a nerve as it passes through a "tunnel" made by bones and ligaments from your arm, through your wrist, to your hand. Heat/swelling would make it worse due to expanding the surrounding tissue and squishing the nerve more. You also have a tarsal tunnel in your ankles.