Another FAQ, Slow down in movement?
I know this gets asked a ton on here, but I was wondering when you noticed a slow down in movement? I am 36 1/2 weeks, and have noticed a steady drop in sharp movement, though she is still moving. I was panicking last night, because she does not move much at all at night when I am asleep, and It took me several minutes to rouse her after I came back from the bathroom.(laid on one side, then moved to the other, then sat up, rubbed and talked to my belly...that finally worked, 10 minutes later) She remains fairly active during the day, but the movements are a lot slower and not all over the place. I wonder how much a baby should be moving at this point. I keep asking my midwife, and she just says, ''as long as she is moving...'' I just wonder how I would know if my baby was in distress....
as the baby gets bigger it gets harder for the baby to move b/c of the lack of room towards the end.  you can ask your midwife to give you a kick count sheet so yuo can track it better (or you might be able to print one out from a pregnancy website).  i remember my doctor telling me there should be 10 movements in an hour but i don't know up to what point they mean.  and they don't have to be really hard kicks, just anything you can feel.  also, i think your baby gets on the same schedule you do.  like while you're active, the baby's active and when you're sleeping the baby's sleeping (maybe!).  i know once you lay down at night you can probably usually feel the baby moving really well, but then will settle down b/c you are resting.  this has just been my experiences...  sorry if its not much help.  but if your midwife isn't worried and you do feel your baby moving ok throughout the day i think you're ok.....  congrats......  you're almost there!!!
i would ask you MW about this, i know when my firend had her baby, they ended up doing an emergency c/s because the night she was in the hospital they really had to work hard to get baby to move. They also saw something  with her hearrate tho, so  that may be different. I would guess, if  she is still fairly active during the day, than you are prolly ok. do ask tho and keep us posted=)
Thanks, I realize she is running out of room in here, but I really worries me how little she moves at night (and I wake up a lot to pee!)..My Midwife just laughs and says 'thats good, she'll probably continue to sleep through the night once she is born..'' Yeah, thats great, but I am concerned about right now! I worry, like so many others, about cord tangles and such. I just wonder how I would know before something happened, I guess I wouldn't :( Oh, the worrying never ends, does it?? Thanks!
My first one never stopped, the second one was not much of a kicker and jabber, but he rolled alot.  I got big slow movements.  Freaked me out too, but I talked to my Dr. and he was fine.  I hope all is well.
There should always be periods of time when you have movement, regardless of gestational age.  A dramatic slowdown in movements is cause for concern, as is a complete lack of movement.  
she is sleeping when mom sleeps.. isn't that nice. Don't Pi$$ her off and keep waking her at night, if you are nice and let her keep her schedule, she might after she is born!

Good Luck!
Ayden did the same thing.  I used to poke him until he finally moved.  I can't believe you are almost there!!!!!!!!!