Ok ladies.. I forgot to ask the ped. this morning if Ashton is sick can he still get his shots?? I think i remember reading somewhere that when they have a virus they arent supposed to get their shots.. Is this true.. or am I just crazy?? I think ashton does have a bug.. his lil nose is messed up and hes cranky once again.. I also dont wanna take him out in this cold, rainy weather feeling the way he does.. And i really dont wanna take him to get 4 shots.. hed be a pistol feeling crappy like this with shots on top!!what'cha think??
i'm trying to remember....is he like 4 months now??
i would call the office and ask what they recomend. he could have a bug but he could also be teething...sometimes they can mimik each other. when ds was a baby i remember i thought he had a touch of flu...went on for a week then all of a sudden 2 teeth popped out and all symptoms vanished. it was weird.
I have always heard that as well about being sick and getting shots. Your doctor will let you know. I have to take my little guy in tomorrow because he has been tugging at his ear. I don't know if he just discovered it or if it hurts. He does not seem to cry when he tugs it so I do not know. We go for shots again next month. I hate that. It breaks my heart to see him get poked and hurt. I also have my DD home today with a temperature that got as high as 103.5 today and as low as 99.2 after some Motrin. Well I hope you are able to get his shots and your last post sounded like a reaction or a weird side effect to me but who am I LOL!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck to you
ashton was on nystatin oral for thrush.. he doesnt have a fever.. he didnt seem sick until after i gave him the nystatin.. so i dunno if it was a allergic reaction.. if you scroll down to the last post i made today it will explain about whats wrong with him
Not all doctors are of the same opinion, some will give shots if the baby is sick as long as there's no fever. I don't think you should have him immunized if he's the least bit sick. I have friends whose children have had severe reactions to shots given when they had a cold, because the immune system just goes crazy. My pediatrician, who is very cool and open-minded, (as not all of them are, I know) recommends the child be in good health for two weeks prior to the shot to ensure the immunue system be in good shape. I have in the past repeatedly cancelled shots at the last minute for this reason. Trust your instincts on how strong your baby is and don't hesitate to postpone the shots if necessary. Also, if you're breastfeeding, the baby has all of your immunities... you could delay the shots until past cold and flu season.
Most often they want you to wait until they are over the hump and getting better. Tristan got quite sick with the "death cold" about the time he was supposed to get his 2nd flu shot and last Hep B. We were told to put it off until he was better and the threat of fever was gone just in case he had a reaction. Well, we got his shot on the 2nd and the next day he started running a fever of 103.3 and above. My older sis has issues with egg based immunizations and it now appears my baby might too! What a pain!
Anyway, call the pedi and see what they want you to do, ultimately they will be the ones to decide if they want to give them or not : )
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.