Maternal & Child Community
Another question from a paranoid nut, belly getting bigger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I know I just need to get over this, but I can't help but worry something is wrong. I noticed after my doctor's appointment, that my belly has gotten bigger. In a week and a half, my belly has grown 3 3/4 inches. My question, would my 8 week size uterus be the cause of this? My husband just thinks I'm getting fat. (though he didn't say it like that) But wouldn't the rest of me be getting bigger too? I look pregnant. I don't think it's because I need to go to the bathroom either, I've been pretty regular on that subject.
I know I should just go see my family doctor, but there is a big part of me that thinks I'm just being paranoid. After all, the gyno didn't seem to think there was a problem with my uterus size.
Alos, I have been sooooooooooo moody lately. I just want to cry or scream all the time. Please, someone tell me, am I being paranoid, should I just get over this? Thanks, Rhealene
First of all this may be a stupid ??? since you are posting on a pregnancy board but are you pregnant???  If so is this your first????  If you are in fact pg and it is not your first it is not uncommon to start showing earlier.  If this is your first you may just have gas and bloating.  It doesn't matter how regular you usually are pregnancy does weird things to our bodies.  If you are not pg then I would see the dr to rule out anything really serious.  How has your diet been??  Is it possible you are just gaining weight.  I assume though you are pg because you are talking about an 8wk size uterus but then when talking about an enlarged abdomen you say "I look pregnant" and I got confused.  I am 8 wks along and have a little belly but this is my second baby.  I would just ask the dr to put your mind at ease.  When it comes to your health I do not believe there is such a thing as being paranoid.  Good Luck
No, I'm not pregnant. Or at least we don't think so. I haven't had a blood test done. I took two hpt that were negative, but we were thinking possible ectopic. I went to the docto last week, and he said that he felt no masses. That my uterus was 8 weeks in size, and a little firm. He also said that my uterus is dropping. (if you've read my other posts, you'll see that I don't like this doctor, nor does some of the other people on here.)
I do have 3 biological children, and with each pregnancy after my first, my stomach got big pretty soon. Which is why I worry about it growing 3 3/4 inches in a week and a half.
I'm not gassy, when I get ready to start my period, I only bloat up about 1/2 an inch on the belly.
I just don't understand how I can have an 8 week uterus, be a little firm, Now have my belly getting bigger, if I'm not pregnant. ??? I wonder if this is possible to be happening because my uterus is dropping?
Thanks Rhealene
Wow!!!!  I don't know what to say about this.  I would first off find another doctor and then demand a blood test or an ultrasound.   This doesn't sound normal to me but I'm not a nurse or a doctor so I don't much.   Well good luck in all you do and hopefully you can find something out soon.  I would do it quickly if possible.  If you are not pg a growing abdomen could possibly be a serious thing.   Thanks
Thank you for replying to my post. I think I will go to a differnt doctor, after I start my period. (i should start in 2 weeks or maybe one week, I don't have my calender in front of me so I don't remember.) I want to see if this period will be a normal one. My lower abdimin is still achey (achy) (not crampy, just aches), still nausus, and belly still big. I know this might sound weird, but I want to see if my period even shows up and if it will be normal.
I'll keep everyone posted. And again, if anyone can think of a reason (like from uterus dropping) that my stomach would get bigger, please tell me. Thanks again, Rhealene
i do agree that you should find antoher doc... but I don't think you should wait for another period... i think you should find one now...this is not normal and you should get an expert to take a look at this asap... please don't wait... God bless Hope
Hi thanks for replying to my post.
My period is suppose to start on Thursday. I looked at the calender. If it doesn't start or is weird, I'll call my family doctor. He is supper cool. I can call him and go in and see him on the same day. Plus he calls my house from time to time to see how things are going for me. (I had brain surgery 18 months ago, and almost had heart surgery in Dec. So he likes to check up on me and see how things are going.)

Oh BTW my body tempature is up 2 degrees. For the past 4 weeks it has been up one degree. I'm normally 97.6 . Could this be a sign of ovulating? Or of starting my period? Like I mentioned I'm due to start AF on Thursday, but have no symptoms of starting yet.

Thanks again, Rhealene
umm just wondered why you are on a pregnancy site? if you are not actually pregnant? also them tests are very accurate and would even pick up an eptopic pregnancy!! i think maybe you are monitoring yourself too closely. everyones belly's swell up from time to time, the difference is that i wouldn't think to measure it!! you sound like you are doing your own head in!! Just a thought.
sorry but the women in this site know they are pregnant so maybe try this site www.weightwatchers.co.uk they might be able to help you.

take care hope this helps.
I am 7 weeks pregnant and my belly has swollen already, i have alot of pain recently and they took me in to rule out an eptopic pregnancy. everything seemed ok thank god! but they want me to go in in 2 weeks time as they want to monitor how big the baby grows in 2 weeks as they said it might be smaller than it should be? is this serious or should i not be worried about this?

Thanks Gemma.
To saarletsmommy: First of al that was very mean of you to write that about someone who is very scared and doesnt know whats going on with her body!!

To  rhealene: I know how you feel my belly is getting bigger and i dont think i am pregnant but i totally look like i am im on my period now but two weeks ago i had really really sharp pain in my belly with after i had those pain i had to use the restroom but its gone now im just worried becasue i have no idea what it could be!!