Antibiotic - Is it needed for D and C
Hi Ladies, I'm going to have the D&C done today.  I was just wondering is the antibiotic med needed for D&C because my did not prescribe me any.
If you need one, your doctor will give you an Rx afterwards, or sometimes they give you an IV dose of one in the operating room.
I had a D&C last August and I was never given an antibiotic. If you need it, your dr will gove it to you.
I just had a d&e on 9/29...An antibiotic was given to me in my IV drip during the procedure
After my D&C they gave me a prescription on Anitbiotics. They said that it was just a precaution. Mind you I was in an other cuntry and not at home at the time. my dr said that they will sometimes do that.
I have had 2 D&C's and was never given a RX, so I wouldn't worry about it, your doc will give you one if they feel the need.
Thank you all. I feel much better.
I'm going to the appointment now.  (I'm really hungry and thirsty right now.  Fast since last night :()