Maternal & Child Community
Any correlation with birth defects and sex before ovulation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hello, My partner and I are trying to concieve (conceive) and we stuffed up reading the ovulation predictor tests and were having sex in the days before but stopped thinking the test was not positive for ovulation, then only later realised that the second line was as dark as it was going to get! My question is, I know sperm can last in there for a few days, but is there any danger associated with fertilising an egg with sperm that has been in there for a few days? I am now terrified that if I do fall pregnant, there may be something wrong with the baby because I know for sure it was before I actually ovulated. Please help!