Maternal & Child Community
Any thoughts on BOY names first and middle....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi girls, i am just over 22wks, due October the 14th, but being enjuced at 38-39wks, so getting pretty desprate for a name for a BOY!

I already have 3 boys, there names are Jake, Maxwell and Curtis. So there out!

I fell in love with the name Noah, but my DH is not to keen on it, so were looking for over suggestions.

Other boys names we kinda like are Beck,Vincent,Alfred?? I also like Peter but that's my DH name and he doesn't want that, also that's my 3rd son's middle name.

Any suggestions for a middle name too?? we were going to have it as Curtis after my dead son, but not sure now??

Any help would be great.
I am not sure you want to name your son after your dead son (I am sorry for your loss) because he cannot take his place.  Try something unique for him, something simple, go to a site and print out a bunch of names and check off ones you like...give your DH the same list, and have him do the same.  Compare lists and narrow down the ones you both like.  My DH and I did that as we were having a heck of a time choosing a name for our bi-racial/cultural child.  After many arguments, we did this exercise and finally came to a concensus.  Good Luck
Thanks, we kinda did that, but didn't like each other suggestions? so i'm looking for something new...or put together, something i wouldn't have thought of.

It's hard to explain why i wanted to give my new son my dead sons name (Curtis)...as a middle name (not first) but i thought it would be a sign of respect and honor to him. (my 3 boys are all named after relitives, mostly dead) I don't look at this being morbid either?

When my dead son was alive, i wanted to nick his middle name...Peter if i ever had another son as a first name?  but i guess that's no-no.

Anymore name surgestions girls?
I love the name Noah!  That's what my husband and I want to name our son, if we ever have one! lol
I also love the names: Zachary, Tanner, Conner,Braeden and Parker.

Good Luck!
MY son, if I'm carrying a boy, will be Gabriel, but I also love the names Dominick, Parker,Colter/Colten(colts fan) and I have always loved Alexander. Good luck, picking names can be tough...Gabriel was the only boy name me and hubby loved and could agree on (been there w/ the not agreeing, its a pain!)
I like the name Beck! Have you thought about mixing around the letters of Curtis and see what you come up with? I also love the name Roman. That's what I wanted to name my son but my partner didn't like the name ): My Dad's name is Myron and I mixed the letters to come up with Romyn. I thought it was perfect and still wish I could use it. But we both have to like the name and there were some he chose that I definitely did not like. We are naming our son Broderick James but will call him Brody for short (already do!).
We like these names for Boys - Brody James and Ian James.  We are kind of stuck on the middle name James after my father-in-law.  I also loved the name Noah, but my DH was not keen on it either.
I love Trent, Connor, Chase--with the middle names of michael or David
Parker, seems to be getting more popular, never thought of that?

Zachary was one of our names for our no 2 son, along with Harry and Alfie, but my dad took them? and so did 3 of my friends...so there a no-no..lol. My son's middle names are Steven,Francis and Peter, so 6 names out altogether..lol I'm running out.

I will try and mix Curtis's name up and see what i come out with?? Good idea, thanks.

Beck was my husbands idea, also he is a big fan of Beck the singer! It's kinds growing on me?? O well  still 16 weeks to decide..ahh.

Carry on to throw some more names in!
I also have been considering the name"Noah" for my son.  I like it and it is also my moms maiden name.
Travis, Colin, Allen, Ian

Good Luck!!
You have a Maxwell?! How awesome! We're naming our ds that...due in August!! I love it!!

I also like Noah. DH does not! (Must be a guy thing) I like Owen, Carter, Porter (my maiden name), Isaac, and I also like the name Liam. Middle names we are planning on using Reed for Maxwell's middle name. Other middle names we'll use if we have anymore boys are David (FIL) and Gregory (my dad).

Good luck!!
Matthew  (but you have a Maxwell and the names seem pretty close)
Parker
Andrew
Gage
Hunter
I don't think it would be morbid to use Curtis for the middle name.  As long as you and your husband are in agreement and you aren't trying to "replace" him with this baby.  I think it would be an honor to him.  
Jackson
Kaden
Michael
David
elijah, hayden, brant, trent, cambrien, tanner, lex, kayden, kent, sterling, landon, whyatt, brenden... these are a few nice names for little boys... hope you find the perfect name for you and you husband to agree on :-)
I have a nephew named Kyler.  At first I thought it was very...strange, I guess.  But now I love it!  It suits him so well :)
Here are several more suggestions of the boy names I love.  Maybe you will like one!!!  ....

Jayden (my son's name and I love it!!)
Jack...love this name too!
Preston
Connor
Braeden
Jayce
Bryce
Mason
Mitchell
Aiden
Tristan
Zachary
Liam
Dylan
Elijah
Jackson
Kirklyn
Caden
Elliot
Collin
Phillip

I would also suggest that you not name this child after your son who you so sadly lost.  Let him have his own unique name.  How about since Curtis's initials were C.P. maybe honor him by giving this baby the same initials.  Just a thought!  Like Collin Patrick, or Connor Phillip for example.  
Gage, Hunter, never heard them before?  l like them!

The guys not liking Noah must be  just a guy thing, coz all the ones i meantion it to don't seem keen on it and yet all the woman love it?

I never refere to middle names anyway...unless there being told off..lol then they get the full title.

Some of my family thought it was abit strange, using Curtis as a middle name?

I would like it to carry on and thought if any of my boys wanted use when they have kids, then i think that would be an honor. But you know things always change and i might change my mind??

Using my son's name would never be used in placed of him, he could never be replacable!

I have a myspace page for him, i was  going to put it up as it's coming to his 1st year annivesery and everyone can see how beautiful he is.
I just wanted to say Hello! I have a 7yr old son his name is Jayden too!! We are expecting our second child he is also a BOY!!! We like the name Jayce or Brody! I Just wanted to say hello!
Elijah, Elliot and Zac were on our list, but we were not in agrement..lol
What about the name zeke mason?
Hey Jayden's mommy!  Our son is Jayden Andrew and I LOVE the names you have picked!  We are hoping for a girl next.  Hopefully conceiving in a few months, but we wouldn't find out the sex until the baby is born.  I love to be surprised.  I thought for sure Jayden was a girl....BOY were we surprised!  If we have a girl next...I love the names Cadence Paige or Carleigh Jayde.  I would have to narrow down my many boy names I love!  Nice talking with you:-)
Yes you do have a such a long list for boy name's...lol (thanks) at least you won't be stuck?

I've still not on one yet?
Hey! I love those names too! I hope BABY DUST TO YOU!!! I did not know with my son Jayden if I was having until he was BORN. Girl, I could not wait I had to find out with this baby!!! Oh I had a girl name I was gonna tell you I had
Jaylee Picked out thought I would tell ya
I've always been a fan of Old English, Celtic and Gaelic names. My son's name is Trevor (and I love it so much, even writing his name looks so handsome to me). I wanted to pick a name for him that was masculine and not uncommon, but not overwhelmingly common (such as Connor--no offense to anyone with a Connor). I don't want my son to be one of three or four Trevors in his second grade class, for example. I also wanted him to have a name that I can see him having as an old man.
Other names I like (all English, Celtic, and Gaelic in origin), and considered for my son, or for a future son:

Grant
Rhys (pronounced Reece)
Morgan
Archer
Trent
Brennan
Greyson
Ian
Rainer
Glenn

For a middle name, I think you should keep Curtis in mind. Family names are important and have significance and carry honor. My son has two middle names because my boyfriend and I wanted to keep family name traditions and honors. Trevor's first middle name is that of my grandfather, and his second middle name is the middle name of my boyfriend's father.
Oh I love Brennan and Greyson too!  Those are a great list of names!
I just thought I'd mention this regarding Curtis' name. A good friend of mine is named Scott Francis. He was named after his brother who passed away in infancy named Francis Scott. My friend never really cared for that at all. (They do call him by his middle name though which is what the deceased baby was called) I think  if you were to use Curtis for a middle name, it would be fine...but I wouldn't ever refer to the new baby by his middle name. :)
WOW, that's alot of name's that i have never even heard of. So that's good to be thinking of something new!

I wish me and my DH could agree on just one...lol
hey im justice im 14 and heres some names i like and im not prego haha just to let yal no

levi grant
jeread andrew
tanner lee
colton ray
logan jayce
brody james
no middle name yet
liam
parker
and noah

hope you find good names bye