Maternal & Child Community
Any truth to Geritol and Pregnancy (thread # 2)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

AF showed up tonight as i was getting ready for work so looks like i have another month ahead of me. everyone keep us updated! i am going to go purchase the tonic this go around and see if it may work better. i also read that false unicorn root is supposed to aid in fertility. not very sure how though. might be something to look into. good luck to everyone!!
I just found this thread. I looked for it earlier, but it just showed up. Sorry AF reared its ugly head. Sounds like we are on the same schedule. Mine started yesterday.  I started taking the geritol tonic yesterday. It is pretty gross. I just plug my nose and throw it in the back of my throat and swallow. I am hoping this works. I am also taking Evening primerose oil. I am willing to try anything at this point. I can't afford any more fertility treatments right now. It really sucks that my insurance doesn't cover it. There are only 13 states who have to provide fertility coverage. I had a thing sent to me saying they want to get a bill passed where most states would have to cover fertility problems because it is just as much a mental illness as anything else when you can't conceive and I totally agree. I wish somehow we could all get together to get something done about this problem. There are so many of us who would make excellent parents but we can't achieve pregnancy and then so many who shouldn't be parents that have no problems getting pregnant. Sorry I know this is supposed to be about geritol but I am just really upset that my husband and I have been trying for over 2 years and nothing, not even close. I feel better now. Good luck to you. I hope the tonic works.
Sometimes we just need to vent and get it out of our system! It's ok to get angry, upset, or even sad. I think it's healthy for us to express our emotions instead of letting it build up. You can vent any time on here. As far as the fertility thing goes, I agree with you. I haven't been to a fertility doctor and i'm not sure my insurance would even cover that, but i stand on the same side of the fence as you on that issue.

I work midnights so I haven't been able to get the Geritol tonic as of yet. I'll probably go this weekend. Haven't tried anything else. but i'm looking into alot of alternative things like acupunture, massage therapy, herbs, etc. i'll let you know what i find out. good luck!
Hi hunnie,i just found this new thread. Am sorry to hear af showed up.Just dont give up,keep trying.How have you been,sorry i havent been on here much,but i have been a little busy.Ave got an appointment at the miscarriage clinic for consultation this saturday.I just hope they can help identify the problem.Apart from ugly af showing up,how have you been?Good luck next time around.
Hi i just wanted to wish you goodluck while u are ttc,i hope things work out for you and your husband,u and everyone else who are ttc are in my prayers.
I've had to work the last few days. Thank you for your support. I really hope we will all get pregnant. It just doesn't seem fair. Well all we can really do is pray, hope and support each other. Did you get the geritol tonic yet? It is so nasty, but I have been taking it everyday and for the first time I'm charting my BBT's and not forgetting. I also purchased the ovulation predictor sticks. I really don't know what else to do except wait for a miracle. By the way the geritol tonic has 12% alcohol in it which is quite a bit. I wouldn't take it after ovulation and be careful if you take it before driving. It kind of gives me a buzz because I don't drink. Well God Bless and baby dust to you.
Thank you so much. I want to wish you luck right back. I'm really sorry about your miscarriage. My heart goes out to you and your husband. Just remember God is with you. Take care and baby dust to you.
I know exactly how you feel!  My husband and I have been married almost 4 years, and we've never used any type of birth control.  When I told my doctor this, she was shocked to learn that I've never been pregnant.  So they checked and said I have PCOS.

I'm believing for a miracle though.  They said it shouldn't stop me from getting pregnant, but it'll just be harder to get pregnant.  I'm just as frustrated as you are.  

It always frustrates me to no end when I see teenagers getting pregnant, and they can't financially afford the child....they are still babies themselves!

As much as I feel like giving up, I just gotta believe that it's coming soon.  We are thinking about looking into adoption, but I really want a child of my own as well.

I believe God knows what's best for us all, so I will be praying for everyone!  Take care and God Bless!!!!
4 years is like an eternity. It has been 2 years and 3 months for us. I have had a laproscopic procedure to rule out endometriosis, which I didn't have. I had an hsg to check for blockage in my tubes which I didn't have. I did have uterine polyps which were taking up most of my uterus. I had those removed in October 2007. My doctor said I could have never gotten pregnant with those in there. Since they were removed we have tried for 3 months and nothing. When my IUI was scheduled I had the flu before and a really bad cold 1 week after it. Sometimes I feel like something is just preventing it from happening. Now my husband is sick. He never gets sick. His temperature has been between 102.5-104.5. I called the doctor and he prescribed an antibiotic, but now I am thinking will this prevent it from happening this month. I am on day 5 today so hopefully he gets better and I don't catch it. I have been taking that geritol tonic, nasty!!!!! I hope it is worth it.

How did they check you for PCOS. Did they do an insulin test? I had an insulin test done, but they didn't have me drink that orange liqued. They just had me fast and they took blood and said it came back normal. Also I went in for an ultrasound the day I started my period and didn't have any cysts, so I wouldn't think I have PCOS. I don't really know alot about PCOS.

I had two good follicles when I went for my IUI. One was over 18 and the other one was over 23. My husbands sperm looked good. The doctor even showed it to us on a screen and we saw them swimming around, it was really cool to see. My lining was at 8 which is perfect. My progesterone level 1 week after was 33.2. Everything was perfect except we didn't get pregnant. The really frustrating part was paying $1000 with nothing to show for it. I know people pay more than that, but we really didn't have extra money, so we will have to pay that off before doing it again. Well I could go on forever.

I am with you. I believe God knows when our children should be here and he won't be able to bless us with them until it is their time to be here. Unfortunately when we want something, we want it yesterday. That yearning inside us for a baby. There is nothing we can do about that. It is in all of us. It is just natural. That biological clock is a real thing.

I believe it will happen for you. Have you taken Metformin. I have heard that helps with people who have PCOS. Sorry I wrote a book. Believe me I could talk all day. God Bless and Baby Dust to you.
Well I have been taking Geritol for a month now. I just had my first period after being on the pills so i am really praying that it will happen for me this month!! So we will see, I hope i will have great news to post soon!! God bless and baby dust to you all!
Thank you.Good luck again and keep us posted. lots of baby dust to you.
i think you are exactly right when you say God knows when He plans to put a little one in our lives. i can understand the frustrations of a couple who have been trying for years and have nothing to show for it. but i also believe that God has a reason and purpose for everything. i believe He will bless each and every one of us one day with what our heart desires most...a child. God can see everything. Maybe He sees something in our near future that needs to be taken care of...or perhaps there is another reason. All i know for sure is that God never gives us more than we can handle. He knows our hearts  and He knows what He's doing. i trust Him 100% and even though I get frustrated at times, I know that He may not give me what Iwant at the time but He provides me with exactly what I need.

I haven't started the tonic yet. i'm afraid it's too late. AF is almost gone. I should have started the tonic when AF showed but I never went and bought any. my iron has been low and i don't understand why. i have been taking the geritol tablets so my iron levels should be great but since af arrived by iron has depleted. i feel so tired all the time, even when i sleep my regular 8 hours. i don't know what's going on but i think i need to get my body into shape before trying again this month.  i think what i really need is a vacation...from WORK!

well, good luck ladies. keep me posted. i'll do the same for you! as of today, i am on cycle day 7. should be ovulating at the end of this month. wooohooo. i'll be back in the 2ww before ya know it!!!
I have been taking Geritol for 4 weeks now and I was suppose to have gotten my period March 11 I have not seen it yet but took a pregnanct test on March 14 and it came up negative should I wait and retest and if so how long and if it stills comes up negative what should I do.
I am wondering if you have ever had your thyroid checked. I have a hypothyroid. It caused me to be extremely tired before I was medicated for it. I could barely function. My brain was always fuzzy, I had very little energy, my hair was falling out, I was extremely cold, and my glands were always swollen. Do you have any of these symptoms? I had my regular doctor check it and she only checked my TSH which was a 3.01, based on that it fell within the normal limits, but she should have checked my T3 and T4. Only the specialists check everything. I had to go to a specialist who figured it out right away. I had been going to the doctor for fatigue for over a year. Also if you have a hypothyroid it is hard to get pregnant. The last time they checked my TSH it was a 1.63. It should be under a 2.50 when trying to get pregnant. I have read that most people feel best when it is between a 1.0-2.0. After being on the medication for 1 week it was like night and day. I couldn't believe the difference. I would definitely have your thyroid checked out, 6 million people go undiagnosed each year. The doctor needs to go by symptoms if the TSH is between a 3-10. Let me know what you think. It could be low iron too, the symptoms are similar.
I have only been taking Geritol for a week now. If you tested March 14 I would definitely test again, sometimes it just takes a few extra days for the hcg to show up in your urine. Have you ever been late before? You are almost a week past due, it sounds like you might have great news. I really hope so. I have a question. Did you take the Geritol from the day of your period until now and did you take the Geritol Tonic or Geritol Complete? I am taking the Geritol Tonic, but it has 12% alcohol in it, so I didn't want to take it after I ovulate. I may start taking the Geritol Complete after ovulation. I didn't realize that the Tonic had alcohol in it until after I purchased it. Well GOOD LUCK and BABY DUST TO YOU!!!!
I am taking Geritol Complete and started after I had my cycle last month, I hope that I am because I had a tubal pregnancy back in April of 06 and had my right tube remove and we been trying since I am normally on time or will start a day or two early but THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK I hope I answer your questions for you.
my doctor keeps a regular check on my thyroid b/c it runs rampant in my family. mine has been ok but i suffer from low iron. i always have. i've been taking the geritol vitamins but i did kinda slack on them last month. i think once i get them in my system regularly i should be ok. i'll definitely talk to my doctor though about my thyroid. i don't think she was checking my T3 and T4, i think she just did the regular one. ihave a friend that works in the lab. i might see if she can do it for me. thanks!!
i have read in different forums that the following are supposed to help in conceiving. i'm just posting them. i would definitley check up on them before adding them to your diet. and as always, be sure to tell your doctor any medications or herbs you are taking. good luck!!

*red raspberry tea leaf
*Vitex (some sort of herb i think)
*soy products
*primrose oil
*green tea
*false unicorn root

any information you guys find feel free to post it here. i think we would all love to see what these may have to offer.
Well bab news it came this morning maybe next month. Good Luck
Sorry it is suppose to bad news
Sorry! I know you were really disappointed. I am just glad you didn't have another tubal pregnancy. Good luck for next month.
Hey there!  I read your post, and they didn't do a whole lot I guess to check for PCOS.  Basically this is what has happened over the past year or so.  Before I got married, my period was always regular.  I never gave a thought to anything.  After I got married, they were regular for awhile (2 1/2 years), but about last October I went to the doc to get a physical for my job, and I mentioned that I hadn't started my period in about 2-3 months.  They gave me a preg test and it was negative.  

Since I had just started working at a high stress job, she told me not to worry about it, but come back if things don't change.  Well a few months later, I went back because I started my period, and it wouldn't stop...for over a month!  So I went back to the doc and they mentioned PCOS.  They did some blood work. I guess everything was okay because they checked everything but didn't give me any bad news about it.  They always say I have a good count...I think hemogloban or something like that.

So then they decided to do a sonogram.  They said that my ovaries were enlarged and that I did have like little folicles on them.  They gave me Metformin, and I took it for 6 months.  It regulated my period, but no pregnancy.  Shortly after, my period started acting up again, but then I started taking the Geritol.  Since starting the stuff, my periods have been like clockwork again.  They have started the exact same day for the past few months.  I've been tracking my cycle so hopefully soon!

I know I need to lose some weight, and I've been walking with another teacher on our lunch break.  I'm trying, but it seems so hard.  I know being overweight can be a little problem when trying to conceive, but I've had 2 friends in the past year get pregnant at over 300 pounds.  One had her baby (2nd child) in January and the other is due (with her 3rd child) in May I believe.  I have another friend who had a baby in February, and she was very heavy when she got pregnant.

So yes...I know the doctors say lose some weight, but at the same time, I know that weight is not always the problem.

On that note though, I'm trying to lose some weight, and if I'm still not pregnant within the next few months, I'm going back to the doctor to see if I can get some Clomid.

It just gets so frustrating to see my friends and family getting pregnant...some with their 2nd or even 3rd child.  Here I am waiting (sometimes not so patiently) to see what God has in store.  He has blessed me with many things, and for that I am grateful and cannot complain.

*Sorry about the book also LOL
I am glad to hear that the geritol has regulated your cycle. It sounds like it may really work. I mean a multivitamin that regulates your cycle. That is pretty cool.

I am actually going to go buy the geritol complete today. I have been using the geritol tonic, but it actually has 12% alcohol in it. I don't want to take it around the time of ovulation. I just don't know if it could cause any birth defects.

I am on day 9 today. I have remembered every morning at the same time to take my temperature this month. I am also taking 1 baby aspirin, evening primerose oil, and started taking robitussin yesterday. I also bought a box of ovulation predictor sticks. I am willing to try anything. I would love to try acupuncture, but after spending $1000 on fertility treatments last month, we really can't afford to try it at this time.

I know what you mean about everyone else being pregnant, but then I tell myself God has a plan for them and for us. It just isn't the right time for us for whatever reason. It still does not take away that desire to have a baby. I will just continue to pray and hope. I will keep you updated. I hope you will do the same.

P.S. I just thought about this. My niece has PCOS and she has to cut out alot of carbs and sugar to lose weight. She lost about 20lbs in a few months. She also started working out with a personal trainer. She will have to watch everything she eats her whole life. She is only 14 and already lost one of her ovaries. Well GOD BLESS!!!! and BABY DUST to you.
Hello Ladies, What is deal with the pre seed lubricator? Has anyone used and had success with it? At this point im willing to try it, I did a little research on it last night before bed but the way their saying it work is it is suppose to mimic your natural vaginal mucus in which the sperm has better chances of getting thorough the cervical mucus which increases your chances of fertilization for us who are ttc. Its rather cheap and they also include a couple of preg tests :). I feel so desperate now and wanting to try any and everything. What are you ladies opinions on that??
Hi ave tried the preseed and it does work.Its not very easy for me to fall pregnant and the very first time i used it i got +++,but unfortunately,i miscarried,nothing to do with the preseed though,ave had a history of miscarriages so at the moment am seeing a specialist to find out the cause of it.Its worth a try,i hope it helps you and keep me posted.Good luck.
Sorry to hear about your miscarriages, but I have had two one at 11 wks and the other 19wks 6days so We may sure as well fall in the same category. Everytime I see my doctor and they run test he cant seem to find anything that causing them. Everything always come back normal but it has to be something that their looking over. I will definitely try and keep you posted. Thanks for the luck and good luck to you. I hope your blessed with one very very soon. Thanks for responding to my desperate call!!!LOL
Am sorry to hear about ur miscarriages,u were way along.With my 3miscarriages they all end at 5 and a half weeks. I dont know why but there must be a reason.Am sorry that they cant find the reasons behind ur miscarriages,i do hope they will soon.Please keep me posted and i will do the same.And good luck with the preseed.As soon as the specialist is finish with me am back to the preseed again,i believe in it.I will keep u in my prayers,all the best and may god grant us our little miracles soon.Take care
i have heard nothing but great things about preseed...as a matter of fact i don't know why i haven't purchased any yet!!

but the real reason i wanted to post was to share something that happened to me. i work nights at a hospital so i sleep during the day. well, i woke up last night at 8:30pm and decided just to take a pregnancy test (despite the fact that i had already had my period.  i was just testing for the heck of it.) well, i got a 2 pink lines!! one was dark pink, the other was a very faint pink. hold your horses....don't get excited yet. apparently it was a botched, cheap test. b/c when i got to work i had my friend who works in the lab to run a beta HCG to confirm my excitement. to my dismay, i had absolutely no HCG in my blood at all!!! i am bummed but at the same time i know that my day is coming. my ovulation window begins next week so i'm very excited to start trying...actually we've already been working on that..lol. well, i just thought i'd share that with all of you. oh yeah, and the hpt i used was from the dollar tree. they are supposed to be one of the most sensitive tests on the market but apparently they aren't the most accurate! don't waste you dollar girls. buy a good one.

lisaresp:
i took your advice and i had my friend to also check my thyroid and all that good stuff. everything came back normal! even my iron levels were looking good. i don't know what's going on with my tired body. i just feel so exhausted.

has anyone looked into any of the alternatives i mentioned in my above post? just curious to see if anyone had any more info. good luck ttc. oh and everyone, when you ovulate let us know so we can all be in the 2ww with you!! we can support one another!
I'm glad your thyroid is good. I'm tired alot too, even with being on medication for my thyroid. I work 12 hour shifts so I am pretty sure that is why I get tired. If you work nights that probably has alot to do with you being tired. People sleep better at night. There have been studies that have proven people take years off of their life when they work nights. I had to work nights when I first started my job for around 3 months. I hated it. I was exhausted. I work three 12 hour day shifts a week. It is nice having alot of days off, but those 12 hour days make me tired. Still I would never want to go back to five 8 hour days.

I am trying the evening primerose oil capsules. I am also going to go buy some preseed tomorrow. My temperature is starting to drop so I think I am about to ovulate in the next few days. I actually found a pharmacy not to far from where I live who carries preseed. There are only 5 in Indiana. I looked it up on www.****.com and found a store that is probably 15-20 minutes from where I live. I called to make sure they carry it and they do. It is $14.89 for a 6 pack. I was so excited when I came across this because I thought it would be too late for this cycle if I ordered it, but now I can just go buy it. I have been taking Geritol Tonic days 1-9, Geritol complete day 10, evening primerose oil capsules day 1-10, 1 baby aspirin days 1-10, robitussin day 8-10 and will do the preseed when I think I am ovulating. I am just trying different things out. Let me know what you think. Are you using any of the products you listed?
no...by the time i get off work in the morning i'm too tired to go to the store and get anything. then i sleep til almost 6 or 7 pm during the week so when i get up i  want to spend that time with my hubby and his daughter. i work sunday thru thursday night so i think in the morning when i get off work i'll see if the pharmacy is open and maybe see if they have any info on those products. the past few nights i've been really busy here at work so i haven't had time to do any research. my computer at home doesn't work at the moment so the only time i'm able to get on the internet is when i'm at work.

it's going to be too late to use anything this cycle except the preseed. i'm going to look into vitex and see what that has to offer. i think it may begood to regulate AF. Geritol helped regulate my af. i was irregular for an entire year and as soon as i started taking geritol complete...BAM...AF was right on time. that's good though cuz it gives me a better idea when i will ovulate. also, i have a basal body therm. at home but since i work nights i would have to chart as soon as i get up in the evenings. but then on the weekends i try to sleep at night so i can spend time with the family. so my body is on it's on time clock. i don't think charting my temps. will help me but then again i could be wrong.

if i find any info on the products i'll send it to you thru a private message. medhelp won't let you post another web site address in the forum b/c of spam and all that good stuff.

so you're pretty close to ovulation aren't you? i'm on cycle day 11 as of friday, march 21. i think we may be on the same cycle. maybe we will be in the 2ww together! good luck.

hey girl!!haveyou found out anything from the specialist? you're still in my thoughts!! keep us updated. good luck!
I am very close to ovulation. I am on the exact same day as you. Today Friday March 21 is cycle day 11. I went to a pharmacy and bought preseed today. I used it already and I liked it. I did use a ovulation predictor stick today and I am not ovulating just yet, but I think I am close my temperature is starting to drop and the stick had a light pink line, usually when that happens in the next day or two I get two pink lines, which means hopefully I will ovulate in the next few days. I guess we will be in the 2ww together because our cycles are the exact same. Well this was my first month using geritol and preseed so we will see what happens. Good luck.
Hi girl,ave been fine thanks.I am not seeing the specialist until this saturday,the first time i went was for an initial  consultation for them to see if i need referring to the specialist, and they did refer me so thank god. I just hope i can get some answers because they refer me to one of the UKs leading miscarriage specialists,but becaus am going private its costing us a fortune,but as they say-if you want good things in life you have to pay ur way.Anyway Happy Easter to you.How are things on ur side?i saw u mention about the preseed,give it a try and see what happens,good luck and keep us posted.
Hey everyone, I have been ttc to conceive since August 2006. I just started Geritol today on cd1. I'll keep every1 posted. God Bless and baby dust to all!
ive seen on the today show and did my own research that folc acid can help you to concieve (conceive) and takin it only during early pregnancy can reduce tha chance of spinal and brain damage and it dont cost much at all i got 250 tablets at walmart for under 2 bucks good luck and baby dust to u all
man!! i had ...or thought i had posted a message on here to you yesterday but apparently it didn't go through!! i'll try to remember everything i thought i told you yesterday..lol. i think i've been ovulating later than i thought. i think i should be o'ing on either cycle day 19,20 or 21. possibly later but i hope not, as i've read that if you ovulate past cycle day 21 the pregnancy might not be as viable. don't quote me on that. just something i remember reading on another forum.

oh yeah, and i've waited too long this month to start anything new. i didn't even take my geritol b/c i had misplaced them...luckily i found them so if i don't get my BFP this month i'll be back on this next month. *i don't want to jinx myself but i have a really, really good feeling about this month...not just for me but for many who are ttc* anyhoo, if i don't get my bfp i think i might also try the vitex. ohhh i almost forgot...i wasn't feeling well the other day. my sinuses were giving me a fit. so i took a musinex pill. that stuff really does increase cervical mucus (cm)!! I think b/c it has guafinisen in it. i think that's why a lot of women take the robitussin. you take the robitussin don't you?

well, i'm gettin my BDing on starting tomorrow. wooohooo. lol, who am i kidding...i been getting my BD on since AF left!!! My sex drive has totally changed. (sorry if TMI) Seems like I'm the one wantin it all the time now. LOL.

ok so have an awesome day and we will be in the 2ww very,very soon. i'm so excited!!!
glad to hear you are getting to see a specialist! hopefully he/she will be able to answer your questions and send you on your way to ttc. i know it has been a long, bumpy road for you in the past year, but i have a wonderful feeling that it's all going to be turning around very soon!

free healthcare is awesome but i suppose if you have to see a specialist of some sort you are required to pay? that stinks, but like you said, it's worth it when you want something very badly! at least you guys get free healthcare a lot of the times you visit doctors. around here it costs an arm and a leg!!! i have pretty good health insurance but medical fees are still very pricey!

don't think i can afford the preseed this month. gonna have to wait. we are a little stretched for cash at the moment. should be better next month though. my hubby is self employed so one week he'll be working, the next he may not have anything to do. it's wishy washy.

have a great day and i can't wait to hear what the specialist has to say!!
welcome to our community!! we are so glad you have joined us! please do keep us updated. good luck ttc. super sticky baby dust to you and everyone ttc!!!
Hi! I'm not sure when I will be ovulating or if I will. I have been taking my temperature since day 1 of my cycle. So far my temperature hasn't dropped and its day 15. I am getting a little concerned that ovulation won't happen this month. I have also been using OPK and haven't gotten a + on it yet. I am hoping that maybe I will ovulate in the next few days. I really don't know when I ovulated before because this is the first time I have taken my temperature every day at the same time.

I am still taking the geritol complete and I have used preseed 2 times. I am hoping that the preseed will help, but if I don't ovulate it won't make a difference. So vitex helps you ovulate right? If I don't ovulate this month I will buy some. Well hopefully we both ovulate soon. I really hope your good feeling is right for all of us. I am working today so I can't email too long of an email today. I am off tomorrow so I will email you again later. We are in this 2ww together and I am so glad I have someone to talk to. Thankyou so much for your emails they really help.
Well AF just left on Saturday YAY LOL!  I also found out a few days ago that my cousin is pregnant.  She goes to the doctor tomorrow to get confirmation from the docs, but she's taken like 4 test and they all popped positive.  I'm extremely excited and happy for her...just can't wait till it's my turn.  Oh well...I'll keep waiting...patiently.
alright!! so ovulation is right around the corner? do you have an average cycle day length? for the past few months mine has been a 34 day cycle. Geritol helped regulate me which I am so thankful! good luck on ttc. hoping we will all acheive our BFPs this month!!
Well ladies I have received my pre seed which I had to order online cuz no pharmacy here carried it.It actually came sooner than I expected. AF just left town for the month and we have already started baby dancing lol Just hope he's not worn out for next week.(I know that was just too much info) Im expectin to ovulate next week so Im gonna save my preseed til then, but he's ready to test it now. Men are sooo curious. I am down to my last half of my geritol which I also been taking faithfully and he has just started taking it too like a week ago so hopefully something will happen this month between the preseed and the geritol. Well I guess thats it for now b/c I can go on and on. Good Luck to all of ladies. I'm showering B*A*B*Y D*U*S*T too all!!!!
Hey honey, Just checkin in with to see if all is well. Did u ever get a chance to visit the specialist you were talking about???Hope everythings goin well on ur end, everythings good here af just left finally so Im hoping for something good this month. Keep me posted especially, much love and much baby dust. lol
i wanted to tell you ladies that soy works better then vitex for helping you ovulate..my friend swears its because of the soy. she took it on cycle days 3-7 and bam pregnant.she had been trying for 8 months. i tried the siy this last cycle and i could really feel a difference in ovulation pains. too bad my donor backed ot but we will try again next month. i am also taking geritol complete faithfully every day,and  i tke mucinex from cycle days 5-thru ovulation.   my friend tried the vitex and she said it really messed up her cycles.
Hey There,

How do you take the soy?  I've taken the g. tonic and helped get AF regular and have tried preseed last month but no luck.  I know some months when I ovulate I can feel it and others I can't.  Baby dust and all that stuff to you!
i've read good and bad things about soy. but that's true for anything. good luck ttc. baby dust to everyone!!
you take the soy like you would take clomid.it comes in 40 mg tablets so i took one in the morning and one at night.no side effects at all ,good luck to you
take what i'm about to say with a grain of salt b/c i'm not 100% on this. you would really have to look into it to find if there's any truth to it, but i did read in another forum that women who did the soy thing did become preggers but the soy affected there baby. if i remember correctly it was a negative effect. i think the babies had an allergy to gluten, which caused them to have some kind of disease. i forget what the disease is called. nothing too serious but the babies couldn't eat anything with gluten in it. i think this was only in babies whose mothers had a high soy diet when they were pregnant. it could have been some of those rare cases you find with some things. just something to think about and maybe look into if you are considering a high soy diet...and i don't consider taking soy pills a high soy diet.
i decided to do a little research on this soy thing and i found a very interesting website that conducted a study on soy. it actually says that soy can cause infertility. it has a lot of great information. remember, it's just one side of the story. i encourage all of you to do your own research and talk to your doctors before committing to any pill, otc or herbal. if you would like this website please send me a PM. medhelp will not let me post it in an open forum.
i have read everything and was pretty scared but i talked to my doctor and he said if taken just 5 days a month then it will not have any side effects on the baby and it wont cause infertility  just taken 5 days a month.i dont recommend taken it all the time,just take it like you would clomid.
that's great that you talked to your doctor about it! i don't see it doing any damage either if only taken 5 days a month. the only thing that really concerned me about it is some people with certain medical conditions really don't need that extra soy b/c it can be bad for their health. that's why i always feel that anything we take should be discussed with our doctors b/c they are the only ones that know our medical history and can help us make informed decisions about these sort of things. thanks so much for your input and advice! i think it will help many people!
hey hun,thank you. How are you?I hope things are going fine with you.Anyway when you do get a chance,you should try that preseed,but am hoping i will hear good news from you soon.Am not staying on for long as am going out.Keep me posted and good luck.Lots of baby dust to you.
oh am going to see the specialists tomorrow but its for another consultation,i will let you know whats happening and what he's saying.
Hello,good to hear from you again.Am happy that you bought the preseed,i wish you lots and lots of luck this time. Yes i did went to the clinic to see the specialist,i havent seen him yet as i had to do an initial consultation first in order for them to refer me to the specialist,anyway they did refer me so thank god.Am going to see him tomorrow but its just for another consultation to see how he can help me,i will let you know what he is saying.Keep me posted on how ur getting on and good luck to you.
Hello! I am new to the thread..I have visited before after my mother n law told me if I wanted to get preg to take geritol, i did some research and found this site and i'm so thankful. we have been trying to get pregnant for just about a year, and no luck. I recently purchased a bottle of the geritol tonic and began taking it on Easter Sunday
( 03/23). Before that, I thought I was preg b/c I had been xtra bloated,sore/tender nipples,freq urination,CRAZY cravings( think hot & spicy meat skins & coconut cream pie shakes mixed together) Then suddenly AF! Super heavy, lots of clotting but NO PAIN. I mean ABSOLUTELY NONE! just huge clots, this lasted like a normal p, 1 week passed and then AF! This time accompanied with cramping that lasted again like a normal p.  I didnt take a hpt, but decided to go on ahead and buy some Geritol Tonic because I heard the tonic works better. I agree, the stuff is HORRIBLE, my husband even decided to take some as well. How long am I supposed to take it?  I pray theres a baby in one of my bottles( i bought a few..don't wanna run out while we're ttc..lol)
BABYDUST AND ANGEL WINGS TO ALL OF US LADIES!!
Hi ladies,
I came upon this site after going to the Geritolwebsite to get my  $1.00 off coupon. Your posts made me feel sad and angy. Reason being you all sound like the great mothers God ordained for you to be. God is faithful. My mother has given birth to 3 girls. She had us at age 21, 23, and 25. There is a saying that there is a baby in every bottle of Geritol. She was taking Geritol when we were conceived. We are now 39, 37,and 35. Fourteen years ago when my husband was wanting us to have a child we tried, tried, tried and the pregnancy tests kept coming back negative each time. My mother told my husband to go out and buy a bottle of liquid Geritol. He took for 1 week and I took it daily........needless to say we conceived within 6 weeks. That's the honest to God truth.  He is now 13 years old. In addition to that My mother reminded me of a promise from God read Deuteronmy 7:13-14. It is His will that you have children. Ask him according to his word. Speak it back to Him. Love you all and babies to you all in Jesus' name.  (Note: I'm taking the Geritol now due to low iron.)

My Heavenly Father,
I come to you this evening on behalf of the women that are gathered on this website expecting a child. God your word says that you are not a man that you should lie nor are you the son of man that you should ever repent. Your word says within Deuteronomy 7:13-14 that the fruit of their womb shall be blessed and you said that there should be none barren among them. God your word also says that if two on earth come together as touching and agreeing on anything that it shall be done. I come into agreement right now that every woman that believes on you just as the the scripture says shall conceive according to your word. God you are a forgiving God. I ask right now that you forgive those that have a hardness of heart secretly toward you. Please heal their hearts and help them to have a hope again and to take you at your word. God I ask in Jesus' name that you by the power of your Holy Spirit manifest your promises to them right now. God we thank you in advance for what you already done as we wait for the manifestation of your promises. Amen.
I must say first off I need to get my coupon as well this is  going to be my second bottle of Geritol, being that we're almost done with the first. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I was in tears after reading the scripture. I believe it will come and im most definitly not giving up once my first bottle is gone.Thanks again!!!
Hi,I just want to say thank you,after reading ur scripture i had tears in my eyes.I pray night and day for a miracle so i can carry a healthy normal baby to full term.Thank you soo much for your words of encouragement and by the help of God i hope all us ladies on here will be blessed with our little bundle of joy soon.Thank you,god bless you.
Hi there!  Thank you so much for your words.  I was also in tears after reading it.  I strongly believe that God is in control, and you're right, we cannot be angry with him.  It may just not be the right time...although we all wish it was.  I was reading my Bible not too long ago, and I opened it to a scripture where it was talking about "A childless woman gives birth."  I took that as a sign.  I know I will have a baby one day...I cannot lose hope or faith.  
Well...another one of my friends is pregnant.....still waiting for my turn!
ok so when is everyone testing this month? i'm going to be testing on the 10th. i'll be 13dpo. AF is due on the 13th...praying she won't show though..actually i'm hoping to see my BFP this thursday when I test.

Thanks for that lovely prayer. I think it inspired and encouraged us all!! PLease continue to keep us all in your prayers. Good luck to everyone!! Keep us posted!!
hi i am new to the site i have been using Geritol tonic and the geritol pills for three months and nothing. I just finished reading your scripture and i was in tears. the reading gave me hope. me and my husband have been trying for two years. when to the dr and she said that my tests all came out normal. my husband is going to get tested on monday. good luck to everyone!! and lots of baby dust. i will keep you posted. AF is due on the 11th.
i am very uncertain on when to test! because i had two *AF* one week apart-i don't know when I shouldve OV. If i went by the first AF I couldve tested last week-and if i go by the second one-its the 20th-today i felt a small amt of crampin-no spotting or anything..and then some nausea-i also have been experiencing frequent urination,i feel a "knot" of sorts in my lower abdomen,lower back pain,fatigue and increased appetite-of note- I get FULL really quick,like uncomfortably full, where it feels like i need to try & stretch to make some room..lol - I'm afraid to test now for fear it will be too early & i'll get a BFN =( what should I do?
How's everyone getting on?Am 11days past ovulation and my bbs are as sore as hell and am very nauseous,i dont know if its af symptoms.Af is due on friday so i will keep you all posted.I will be getting my miscarriage test results on the 3rd of may.       Natashalo8 how are you getting on?
I am prayin for you on this one...Af is due for me friday as well sooo it looks like were both gonna be playin the waiting game together... My boobs were extremely sore a couple days ago but their not as sore as they were, I had also been experiencing weird food cravings but this may just be a mind thing. I went out and bout a 3 pack of First Response I did that b/c i knew i was gonna take at least one of them when i got home, it was negative of course but i didnt get my hopes up because I knew it way too early...Im jus nervous and tryn to be prepared for a BFN although Im hopin for a BFP...I will continue to pray that u get ur BFP plus 9 Months...Good Luck!
You know we must be thinking alike,am actually getting ready to go out to buy a first response test as well,lol.I dont know if i will test today or i might just wait and do the test first thing in the morning.My boobs are still sore today,dont know what to think but am trying not to get my hopes up.I'm sorry you got a BFN but hey,u might have test too early.Ur in my prayers,i will keep my fingers cross for you.Try a first morning urine sample,i heard its best to do it first thing when u wake up.I will let you know if i test today,but i think i might do as i wont be able to keep the test in the house,lol.U know what the waiting is like.Thank you for ur prayers.GOOD LUCK
hey girl!! i'm so glad to see you on here. i haven't talked to you in a while! well, i thought i was pregnant. had a faint line on a HPT but my beta hcg came back with a level of 4. checked beta hcg again 2 days late to see if it had risen but it actually had fallen down to 3. anything over 6 is considered pregnant so i didn't make it. AF was due April 13th and never showed. I keep feeling like she's here but no sign yet. I really thought I was preggers this time but unfortunately enough i am not. i'm still in good spirits though. i know one of these days i'll conceive my little angel! be sure to let me know what the specialist has to say. and who knows....you may already be preggers again! good luck tammy!!!
Hey,i saw ur pic with the test,it does look like a BFP.Well af hasnt showed up for you yet,u can never tell,u could be pregnant.Are you normally late or have you got a regular cycle?I would advise you to check again in a few days if AF still havent showed.Well my fingers are crossed for you.As for me i did a test this morning,i got a BFN.My temperature is very high and my bbs are still sore,af is due friday so that might be why.I will let you know what happening when i get my results,just 2 more weeks to go now,am very nervous but am hoping for the best.You take care and let me know whats happening,because i swear thats a BFP i saw on ur test,Good luck.
not preggers. AF showed up on the 15th. i dunno what's up with those tests. i had 3 come back positive. but my beta hCG only showed 4mIU. that's not enough to be detected in a urine HPT. who knows. I've already started preparing for this cycle. I'm taking Geritol complete cycle day 1 through 12, Mucinex (for an increase in CM), Vitex cycle day 1 through 12, and Progesterone (sp?) cream 2 times a day for 7 days. I've also began drinking red raspberry tea as it's supposed to promote fertility. i'm hoping all my extra effort pays off. do let me know what the specialist says in 2 weeks. i'm very interested in what he/she has to say. good luck!
Hey AF showed up for me yesterday but am not that disappointed because i rather not get pregnant before i get my results back,but on the other hand i would be happy if it did happened, but i would live in fear of having another miscarriage.Anyway i hope those herbs and the rest of things you are taking will help you very soon,i heard the vitex is very good.I will let you know what the specialist says,am counting down the days now.Do let me know how ur getting on and i will keep praying for you.Thanks for the comments on my photos,much appreciated.Take care and lots of baby dust to you.
Well ladies, AF was due to come friday and still has not showed up I took a pregnancy test on friday with negative results. I was disappointed, but I still havent gotten my hopes up yet, Im about to go and buy another test today and take it. Im still confused as to why im a little late, generally she comes on time every month a couple months she may even show up earlier than expected. Thanks for the support ladies, I will let ya'll know the results as soon as possible...Good Luck
Wow,you might be pregnant.Let me know what happen and good luck,i hope u are pregnant.
Well, I just took a test from dollar tree and it was negative, I might just wait til in the morning and take another one. It looks like it just may be late for the month... Thanks so much good luck to you as well, Sorry AF showed her ugly face for the month! I will be sure to let u know.
Good luck!! I hope you get your BFP this month. Maybe it's just too early to tell. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
AF showed up this morning very light no cramps but I think she's definitely coming...Maybe I will get lucky next month.Thanks for all the support ladies Good Luck :)
sorry to hear that! i'm hoping for next month as well. baby dust to ya...to all of you!!
Am sorry to hear about af showing up.Dont give up,i'll keep u in my prayers,good luck.
Hi hun,how are you doing?I hope and pray this time you will get that BFP.
Thanks ladies, I havent given up yet, I am still taking my geriol faithfully everyday. Thanks for the support, Good Luck and Baby Dust to you both....all of us!!!!
i've done a lot of soul searching and talked to DH and have decided to put ttc on the back burner. i'm getting ready to go back to school and finish my degree. i'm not happy with my current job and would really like something else. and i don't think it would be fair of me to bring a child into this world without having the capabilities of providing all the needs a baby comes with. i like about 2 years finishing my degree. maybe not that long, it just depends what credits i can still count as valid. thanks for all the support you guys have given me. i'll still be coming on to check up on you guys! i wish you all the very best and hope you all get your BFPs.
Am with you 100%.I wish you the best of luck with your degree,and i do hope when you finish school and decide to try again it wont be such a long and frustrating journey.Do let us know how you are gettin on in school and keep in touch,we dont want to lose contact with you.You are a very supportive and wonderful friend.I pray you get everything your heart desires,good luck and thank you for ur support.
I agree with tammy26 on this one.  You will get everything that u deserve, especially that you are thinking not just about yourself completely (In which that wouldnt be wrong if you did by all of the things that us women have to go through).Just keep praying and have faith. I will pray for us too dont forget to keep in touch, especially when u get that degree!
thanks so much for your kind thoughts and words!! although i won't be on here as much (only b/c i have put in my notice at work and am dropping from full time to PRN), i'll still get on as much as possible and check in on you guys!! this place has created many friendships for me and i'm not about to lose touch with all of you!! i wish you all the very best and i'll be here to share in your good news and those horrible times you just want to cry and maybe scream...i'll be here! you guys mean the world to me...it's almost like i've known you all my life! please keep me updated on everything and i'll do the same!
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site, I read everyone's success story last thursday and I went out and bought me a bottle of GC on Friday. I have been ttc for 7 years, and had no luck. My husband and I have been 2gether for 7yrs and married for 3 1/2 months. I'm 25 yrs old and I also have pcos, and tried clomid but it didn't work. I heard about GC many years ago, but was scared to take them; my mother-in-law told me about it a month ago, because she is ready for a grandchild. But, I didn't buy them, until after reading the stories on this site, I started taking GC on Saturday 4/26/08 and my husband is taking them with me. So, hopefully we will be blessed. I will keep every1 in my prayers.
Hey hunnie,even though you said you will still come on here as much as you can,we will still miss you.Thanks for all ur support and i will keep praying for you no matter what you want in life.How are you doing?Am here,getting last minute nerves.Am getting my results 2moro and am worried as to what i might hear but am praying for the best.Still my specialist did tell me that sometimes its just bad luck when women have recurrent miscarriages.I will let you know what he says 2moro.All the best and keep in touch.
Hi, how you all doing? I am here, watching, waiting and praying for the good Lord to bless our wombs. I'm praying for all childless couples. I started taking G.C. since March 13 of this year. I also take folic acid and fish oil. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Baby dust to all. Hope to hear/share some good news.
Sometimes I just wanna give up on the idea of having a baby! It seems that many of my friends can just kiss and boom they're pregnant! It doesn't seem fair, but then again life isn't fair! I am a very blessed person, and God has been really good to me, and he knows my heart's desire! So I guess I can't give up the idea. I just want it so bad ya know?  Yet, again, it's not about what I want...it's about God's plan for my life...and I pray that his plan involves having a baby!

I pray blessings on all of you, and baby dust to all!
I hear you sirumano, I am so tired of thinking about having a baby i have been G.C the pill and the tonic since Feb 14. I also went out and purchased the clear blue easy ovulation monitor and sticks and that was not cheap. it works! i mean every month it tells me when i am ovulating I get so excited when i see this little egg show up on the screen the day of ovulation. but then my AF shows up. I am also on a  prenatel vitamin and taking Folgard. I hope this month maybe a BFP.  lets hope god hears our prays. My mom always says there is a reson why things happen and that god has a plan for us.

I wish you all lots of baby dust and maybe some good news this month. May is the month for mothers so i am not going to give up hope.
Thanks for those words. I really need to hear them! I mean I am so thankful and have been abundantly blessed in just about every area of my life except this one. It'll happen one day for us...just wish that day would hurry up and get here LOL!
that's great news from the fertility doctor!! i was glad to hear that. now you guys can get back to ttc. i really wish you the very best and hope that you will fall pregnant soon! keep me updated. sorry i'm not on as often anymore, but i still read ur updates whether i reply or not!
Hello, I am new to this forum, but I have been reading the different post for quite some time.  I had my IUD removed on August 12th of last year.  I had it for 5 years after a stillbirth.  Me and my hubby have been trying since then.  I saw a fertility specialist on March 4, 2008 and had a vaginal ultrasound and a HSG done, everything came back normal!  My mother-in-law told me to try Geritol and I purchased my first bottle of Geritol Complete (pill form) on April 16th, 2008 and I have been taking it everyday since then.  I was supposed to see AF on the 10th of this month, and as of today I am 4 days late.  I have a scheduled blood pregnancy test on this Friday to see if I am pregnant or not. Hopefully I am, but I will be sure to let you know Friday afternoon once I get the results back.  Wish me luck!  Hopefully we will all get our BFPs soon!
Welcome to the site...Sorry to hear about your still birth. Sounds like a positive if you ask me, be sure and let us know i will keep my fingers crossed for you...GOOD LUCK!!! I know waiting takes forever!!
guess what guys?! i finally got my BFP after not trying to conceive! i'm so happy about it! i hope that this will be a happy and healthy 9 months! good luck to all of you.

P.S~ i wasn't taking anything this time around. i just said to hell with it all and i ended up getting preggers.
Hello, sorry I'm just getting back. I don't have a computer at home so I can only post when Im at work.  Well I got a BFN on Friday, which was disappointing.  But I still haven't seen AF.  I don't understand, I've never missed a period, ever and today makes 9 days late. I'm really confused now, has this ever happened to you?
Can geritol delay your period?
Sorry to hear that those bfns are always a heartbreaker last month I was like 3 days late I think I took a couple test but they all came back negative and then af finally showed up, soo I dont know if that answered ur question but Im generally on time every month sometimes maybe even early but NEVER late! AF is due today and nothing yet so it looks like Im jus gonna be late for this month too because I have taken 4 test within the past week in a half and all BFN's....
First of all, CONGRATS natashalo8!!! That's so exciting to hear. Yeah I pretty much gave up too...I stopped taking everything. Maybe I can be as lucky as you LoL!

To Imjohnson...I can only speak from experience, but when I was talking the Geritol, it actually regulated my period, and it came like clockwork every month!

I stopped taking it...and so far no period this month. I'm a few days late, but took a test yesterday and it was negative.

Hopefully we'll all get what we're looking for soon!
Hi ladies!  Well today makes 13 days late and I got another negative on yesterday. My breast are really sore and I'm just so confused.  I've never been this late ever, only the time when I was pregnant 6 years ago, but I didn't know I was pregnant then until I was 2 months.  I did read on some other forums that some women were pregnant and kept getting negative urine and blood results until 8 weeks.  Have you ever heard of this?  

sirumano -  I stop taking geritol this week just to make sure it wasn't delaying my period.  I didn't really think that was it, but Im gone start back maybe Wednesday of next week just to make sure.

Still hoping for our BFPs!!!!!!
Hi, every one my name is Nicole, I had an etopic pregnancy when I was 20 years old, the doctors said I could still have children but i'm 33 now, and have not ever gotten pregnant again. They said it would be harder with one tube, but after so long I just gave up. I've watched the women in my family over the years have children, I thought I was over it, until last year when I found out one of my cousins was pregnant. She called and said she had something to tell me, I knew what it was before she said it, she told me she was 3 months pregnant, I felt really guilty for the way I felt. After we hung up, I cried and cried, just asking why I can't I have children too.

I do know that many women with one tube have had children, but it's been so long for me, that i'm pretty much certain that I just won't ever have children. However, i'm going to give it atleast one more good try. I know that I have always had low iron, so I have started taking geritol complete today. My period is always regular, but with one tube I know I can only ovulate once a month so I will keep track of my cycle. If there is any more information that can be helpful please let me know.

I'll try on my own for now, but if that doesn't work i'll go and see if I have a blockage or something that can be fixed. Please pray for me. and i'll pray for you all as well. I know how you all feel, and my heart feels the emotions in all of your stories, which I have read ALL OF THEM.
I will definitely say a prayer for you. I definitely know how you feel. My cousin is also pregnant...as well as my sister-in-law...and 2 of my friends. You're right, it is really hard to sit back and watch everyone else have their little blessing. I do not want to give up on the idea of having children, but it is really hard. I won't lose hope, and will definitely say a prayer for you all.
AF finally came on the 24th. Oh so disappointing but then again Im just gonna look forward to the next month and this time I am going to try the tonic.  Wish me luck and i wish you all the same!
hey everyone! just wanted to pop in and say hello!! i'm so sorry to hear about the bfn's. i have been praying hard for all of you and i just know that your prayers are going to be answered soon.

so far everything is going good with me. i had another beta test done on thursday, 5/29/08, and my results were great. they were up in the 18,000s. i don't get to see my OB until june 30th but i'm ok with that. i've had terrible "morning sickness" but mostly at night, right before i get ready to go to bed. i'm actually very thankful for the sickness b/c it lets me know that things are going good.

unfortuantely i already have edema on my feet and legs. i can still work and get around but i can't be on my feet for long periods of time. my family doctor seems to think this is going to be with me thru my entire pregnancy and it probably will but i'm not complaining!

thank you all so much for being so kind and supportive. if i can be of any help, please let me know. good luck and God bless!!
Hello Everyone! I am new to this site and read about the GT pills and decided to join.  Well I started taking GT complete around January and continued through Feb. off and on.  My mother told me about them but  didn't really believe her.  I had been trying to get preg for 9 months before I tried them.  Well in March 08 I found out I was 5 wks.  Later I was told I had an ectopic.  I was told to wait two cycles before trying again.  So this month I started cd 1 on June 2 and I began retaking the geritol.  Hopefully things will work out.  I am really scared I wont be able to have children.  Doc said my chances were still good even after losing my left tube.  

I hope everyone here receives the miracles and blessings they deserve! God Bless everyone!
Yea I would say that ur chances are still good too. Last year one of my old supervisors had an ectopic and lost her right tube, they told her that her chances of gettin pregnant was slim, but she got pregnant like 2 months later and carried the baby full term. And on top of that she was in her mid-late-40's. So if u ask me i would say Yay! Anyway...Welcome to the community ur sure to love...Good Luck and keep us posted:)
Hey There,

Congratulations!  So happy for you.  Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy, it is such an exciting time.  Keep us all posted on your progress!
Prayer for a healthy pregnancy and baby-

Stacey
Hello everyone Im new here but i was reading though and i wanted to c if someone could help with my situation. I heard about the geritol from my moms friend so i was looking into it and found this site. But my situation is I am 22 and my husband is 29 and we have been together for four years and i have never gotten pregnant not even b 4 him and he doesnt have children though females have said they were pregnant b4. We are wanting a baby but i havent tried anything and i bought the liquid geritol yesterday cause i was told it goes straight to ur blood stream, also i havent been on bc since i was 16 and i had the ortho evra patch and ever since i got of  my cycle is heavy, i clot , its irregular (comes when it wants), and painful . I had a check up last week and everything was good and the doctor said bc would fix my cycle so she gave me yaz but im not taking them, so what i want to know is when exactly do i start the geritol, how many times do i take it, and should my husband take it also? Thank You
Hi, and welcome, I havent had any good outcomes with the geritol but I also stopped taking it too so that may have a little something to do with it...I would say to start taking it immediately and just take it everyday only one time tho but make sure u dont take it on an empty stomach, Ive also heard that its good if your husband takes it also so I dont know if im much help...feel free to contact me anytime being that im always hereLOL
Thanks and also can I ask you if you think the pill or the liquid is better cause i heard the liquid is what does it, but i bought both.
Well I had the liquid the first month I used it and then bought the pills they are huge and thats a part of the reason I kinda swayed away from takin geritol...I heard good things about both like some ladies who used the pills and got preggo said the pills are better and the same with the ladies that got preggo after using the liquid so Its kinda hard to say which one is better than the other....I think it probably has something to do with how consistant u are with it. Hope I answered ur question well =).....****Good Luck****Let me know how things turn out for u!
i have a question...as you know i am ttc. i don't know exactly when i ovulate.  well Sat. and sun. i was feeling a bit moist.  i figured it was the cm.  this morning it was very clear and slimy.  it was also a lot of it.  i figured this was the ewcm i was waiting on.  according to my readings this is my most fertile day. i wasn't able to have sex with my hubby until later that afternoon. (sorry if tmi).  but now after i showered for bed it is extremely dried up.  do you think i missed my window?  don't know if this means i ovulated today or ill ovulate tomorrow.  n if it is tomorrow wouldn't i still see the ewcm?  r u suppose to see it all day or parts of the day?
I dont know how long u are supposed to c it but I read that the slimmier the better!
MY husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for what seems like an eternity.
He was at work and a co-worker told him about geritol, I had never heard of it and I told some girls at work and it seems like everyone in the world knew of this but me.

I started taking it 4 days ago and pray there is a baby in this bottle, I go see an infertility doctor next month for my first visit.

I'm extremely nervous about it and pray I hear no bad news.
Good luck to all of you, I feel your struggle.
Hi I got my tubes reversed on July 10, 2008 and my husband and I have been TTC.  I went out and bought my bottle of GC and Folic Acid on Friday.  I will be getting a bottle of soy pills to take only during my 3 - 7th day of my cycle.  Any further suggestions.  Thanks a bunch
Hello...My husband and I are also ttc. I was told by a friend who has 6 children and she guaranteed that the GC pills would work.  Ive had 3 mc's and have a 2yr old. My last mc was back in April '08. I decided to try the GC pills this month along with prenatal vitamins high in folic acid...I took them everyday up until about 3 or 4 days ago.  We are just getting past the ovulatory phase, literally having sex EVERYDAY from the ending of my peroid up until now (yes Im exhausted, can someone please tell my husband :) the tryng phase is over :) Were hoping and praying that this is our month. Im trying not to test too early but im so anxious, not due for period til Sept. I would definitely say takng the GC cant hurt. Ive never heard of the soy. Maybe someone else can help you with that. I'll keep you posted w this, looking to test in a few more days. I hope for the best for you guys.
Remember when he Doctor say No God can still say yes for he is the creator of us all and God will Do exactly what he said he will do. God Will Never Fail. Hold on and praise him in advance. Blessings to you All.
My husband and I have been TTC for about 2 years now. I just started the geritol liquid about a week ago. Man, that stuff is AWEFUL!.....but if it works.....its worth the tast. Does any one know how long it takes before the Geritol becomes effective?
Last time I posted I was saying I was going to see my doctor about not getting pregnant. Well my good news is she does not believe I have endometriosis! She gave me clomid to try and see how it works for me, I'm still taking the geritol along with this so I pray to god it works and to send me a baby!
Hello to everyone I'm mjmamma and I'm new to the site. I was recently dx with hypothyroidism and I've been told that in some cases women become infertile because of the hormones are off. I was discussing this with my soon to be mother in law, she said not to worry about it just take and i should be fine. Im not trying to get pregnant but if it happens it will be great i just want to remain fertile. I took her advise and started taking GC on tues. The 1st day of  my lmp was 10/31 we've been busy everyday since 11/07. After reading some of the comments on this forum i want to know if there's a possibilty that i can pregnant anytime soon.
the word missing after take is geritol complete sorry
Hello all.  I have taken the clomid and geritol together now. And I ovulated 11 days ago, and now I'm waiting to see if I get a positve on my test! My breast are extremely sore and I'm so anxious to find out. I take my test in 2days. I'm so nervous about it and I believe I am, but I'm not sure and that's the hardest part.  I pray to god I am, and I'll pray for all of you... baby dust to all!!!!!
Hey all, my fiance and I have been trying for about a year now, i have very irreegular cycles. Anyway my fiance has been in jail since 11/08/08 and i started taking the geritol pill about 3days ago, he dosent get out until 12/19/08. ihavent had a cycle this moth which is normal, what are my chances?
My pg test was negative, the doctors put me back on clomid 50mg for 5 days, and I take the geritol too.  I ovulated 5 days ago and pray it works this time!  I had an HSG test done last month and my right tube was dilated, the doctors said not to worry this month due to I ovulated off my left. If anyone knows anything on dialted fallopian tubes please share, all I have found is the possibility of endometriosis :(
It seems right now everyone is pg but me, my neighbor is having twins, and my cousin had a baby, for gods sake my cat just had kittens too!    I know it will happen someday, but if one more person tells me to be patient and just let it happen I think I will loose it.
But till then here I am, baby dust to all......
Hello to everyone! Im arion and im 23years old and im new to the site!  I have only been pregnant once and that didnt work out i was FORCED into having an abortion at a young age (teenage years) I really regret it and the pain never left, but because my age i felt like i had no control. As i got older me and the guy i was pregnant by still kept in contact and now we are trying or has been trying for awhile! I just started taking Geritol about a week or two ago and i wanted to know is there any chance of me getting pregnant again?
Hi Ladies. My name is Nicole and DH and I have been TTC #2 for almost 5 months. We tried months before, but really got serious these last couple of months. I have been reading your stories and I decided to go  out any by the Geritol Tonic last night. I was wondering should DH and I both take it and should it be take at a certain time of the day. I took it last night becuase I just couldn't wait Thanks
Hey Ladies im 26 and im new to this, my hubby and i have been trying to get pregnant for the past year and we've got nothing.  Im currently taking metformin and geritol complete although we atarted out on the liquid i was told that the complete was better.  tell me do you think that the metformin and the geritol will work? i hope so my next test is today wish me luck!!!! BABY DUST TO ALL BE BLESSED!!!!!
Hello all, my name is B and i'm new to this site, well I have been reading everyones story for about two weeks now. Anyway I started taking Geritol two weeks ago. Have anyone had any kind of side effects from the Geritol?? Me and my hubby have been trying for two years and I had two miscarriages.  I gave birth to 3yrs ago but nothing after that. I wish all the best keep me posted if Geritol works for you.

I started taking the tonic along with my clomid this month, I'm on my 3rd round now and I'll test on January 15th. I took the pills for the longest but no luck for me. I know the tonic tastes just horrible, but I heard that's were it's at. LET"S HOPE! The only side effects I have experienced from it was a little upset stomach from the tonic, with the pills only had good effects, stronger nails, healthier hair etc. Hope that helps Bee30?

And good luck Ihughes25, you should let me know your results!

BABY DUST TO ALL OF YOU
Hello Everyone, OK im a little down and out right now because i was hoping to give my hubby a christmas gift but no luck yet im not giving up so soon im going to continue the geritol and the metformin and hope for better luck next month. this web site is truley a blessing to me because you ladies give me strength to continue my journey and i fell as if im not in it alone. BIG THANKS 2 ALL!!!!!

And thanks a bunch Wits777!!!! good luck 2 u 2!!!!

LOTS AND LOTS OF BABY DUST TO EVERYONE!!!!
Hey everyone, today is day 8 of my cycle. I took my last pill of clomid yesterday and will start my OPK's today. I should be ovulating next week thursday of friday so I hope it works this time! Good Luck to everyone!  
Hey Ladies OK I've been taking the geritol and metformin now for a little while my last test read negative and i still haven't had my little friend yet and honestly not looking for it either(LOL), but on the other hand this is not unusual its been like that since i was about 20. Well i think that Monday I'm gonna pay my doctor a little visit maybe she can tell me something.  My last visit she mentioned clomid and since I've read about you ladies taking it hey!!! it sounds good to me!!!  whatever it take to hear the sound of someone calling me mommy in the future I'm willing to try anything, you ladies understand what i mean (RIGHT)!!LOL
I went to the doctors yesterday for my monthly U/S, they said my right side (which the tube is dilated) is still not making any mature follies.  My left side has been making up for it though wich is good, it has one that was at 11 yesterday and another at 14, so Thursday when I ovulate the 14 will be an 18 so I'll at least have one egg and that's all it takes.. crossing my fingers!!  I have been reading up on fertility and all sorts of things you can do before conception and I pray it all pays off!  When I told the nurse I was reading a Fertiity book she looked at me like I was a lost puppy that needed a home, lol. Then I asked her about taking Robitussin and she had no idea what I was talking about. She then suggested the pre-seed, is only able to be purchased online?? If so I'll have to wait until my next cycle... But hopefully there will be no NEXT CYCLE!

BABY DUST TO ALL
hey ladies, its been a while since ive posted anything but here is whats been going on with me i have continued to take the geritol and metformin although i havent seen my little friend since November and every month get a neg test, im starting to get a little upset!!!! but i know that when its my turn GOD will give it to me (SO MUCH FOR THE WAITING THING) Please tell me what else do i need to do? LOL well good luck 2 you all!!!!   LOTS AND LOTS OF BABY DUST TO YOU ALL!!!
Hey girl, have you been taking ovulation predictor kits (opk)?

If not that could really help pin point your ovulation.
You should take them from cd 11 until you get a +.
Or you could take your temp every morning before you get out of bed, when you see a spike in your temp you're ovulating.

Good Luck to you!!!
Thanks girlie!!! Im getting on it!! mybe thats where ive been failing at.  Not too sure on how all of this works, so I hope you'll help me out!!! Thanks again!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF BABY DUST 2 YA!!!
hello everyone, i have a little problem and i hope someone can help!!!! i got what i thought was af on 2/05 about 8pm it was reddish brown like the norm. on fri it was bright red and not a heavy as usual...i only used 1 pad.by sat  it was nothing on the pad only when i wiped and sun it was gone. i took a hpt on mon it was -. i called the dr.office they said wait 2wks and retest. has this haqppen to anyone before i have 2 kids and didn't exp this with either preg. please help
I have read many comment about the women with PCOS having problems conceiving. I had this same problem back in 2004, and now I have a 4 year old son and my husband and I are trying to have another baby. I will be trying the geritol, but only as an addition to what the doctors gave me to get pregnant with the first time and that was a medication called METFORMIN. This medicine regulated my cycles and within a month and a half of taking it, I was pregnant. Nine months later on April 25,2005 Aydon was born at a healty 7lbs7ozs.  He was full term and fine....
hello everyone..... I have been hearing about geritol and decided to buy my first bottle 2day.... Me and my BF been trying for almost 2 years.We got pregnant twice but both were miscarriages... I really hope their is a baby in the bottle....
Im back 2 say that there really was a baby in my bottle 2day i  was suppose 2 see my little friend and she never showed up so i took three test and all positive......  
Hey everyone, I started my geritol the last week in august, and had a normal cycle in september. Well it is now October, and my friend still has not shown up....fingers crossed. My boobs hurt and I am tired but my preggers test are coming back negative. i am not worried though because i would only be 4wks pregnant and with my son it took me to be 7 1/2 wks preggers before a test read positive...I will let you all know...BTW Congrat day_day805
i bought my bottle on saturday and i am hoping and praying that it works for my husband and i. I wish everyone luck and baby dust !!! i will keep you posted !!
My husband and I have been married for 3 years now, but we planned of not having a baby for two years. I didn't think it would be hard for us to get pregnant :( Now that we are ready to have one, it seems like it's so hard. I get frustrated once in a while but with hubby's help and prayers, we try to keep our hopes up. I read about Geritol tonic so i bought some online (its not available in pharmacies here in Canada) and just started today as today's first day of my period. Baby dusts to me and everyone ttc...
I'm PREGNANT!!!!!! Three pregnancy test and they all say yes....
Congratulations!
Hugs
Athena
Hello, my name is Ashley and I'm new to this thread but I wanted to tell you girls that I too have good news about Geritol complete(pills) I had been with my husband(ex-husband now I've remarried) for 2yrs before we got married and we never used any bc, and oddly I never got pregnant, well we got married and 2 more yrs. later still no baby so obviously I thought something was wrong with me because my periods were not regular sometimes I would go for 6 mons. at a time without one. I started to get very worried and I decided to talk to my mother n law, who told me to talk to one of my sister n laws and she may be able to help me out, long story short she tld me to buy GC and take one pill a day she thought that maybe it would help me out bcuz she and herbest friend tried it together to try and concieve (conceive) she took the pills her friend the tonic and it was a sucess for them both (the friend concieved twins dnt know if the onic had anything to do wit it) so I went out and bought a bottle the same day and started taking them and lo and behold about 15 pills later i decided to take a preg. test and pos. never got my period to begin wit and have no idea whether I was ovulating or not but I got preg. And that was in 2002/03 had my son in 7/03, I ended having my daugher in 5/05 witout GC but when i met my now husband had the same problem and could'nt concieve (conceive) so of course i bought the bottle of GC and ended up preg. again had my son 12/07 so sorry for the long book but I have two sons thats a living witness tha GC does work and since then I have refered several friends to use and all have gotten preggers......... So I mean it's worth a shot and it's very inexpensive and it want break the bank......SO GOOD LUCK AND BABY DUST TO ALL GOD BLESS AND I WILL KEEP YOU ALL IN MY PRAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Geritol Complete got me pregnant 4 yrs ago. Now I've been taking the Tonic and I am pregnant. Try the Geritol Tonic three times a day and have fun in the bed. It will happen. I took the Tonic for about 2 weeks and now I am pregnant. The Tonic is nasty but its worth the bundle of joy.
hpoe the lord bless all of us with a new baby i am 39 years old and me and my husband is trying to have a baby because he dont have any so please pray for us
Hi My name is Tye, I had a mcin dec of 08, since then my husband and I have been trying to concieve (conceive), but to no aveil. My mom told me about GC yesterday so I went and bought some, this is day 2 of the pills, I have a good feeling that they will work for us all. God bless and *****BABY DUST*******to us all. I cant wait to post my success story and read all of yours as well.
I have just started taking geritol complete my husband and i have been trying to conceive for 6 months. I have been dieting and taking adipex do i need to stop taking it with the geritol?  While im on my cycle i started geritol complete so how many times a day i need to take it?
Hi I've been ttc for a while now we want a baby so bad I started the geritol tonic about a week ago I take it every day since the last day of my period how is every 1 making out wit the GC the tonic is so nasty but I heard it was better is that the rite way 2 take it and do I take it until I get preg I'm exited I hope this is my baby in a bottle good look every 1
Does anyone no if GC Tonic works if your tubes has been tied? Please responed ASAP!
Kylen Langston Isaiah was born on Sept 22, 2010 @ 11:55am and weighed 7lbs 10ozs. Thanks for the well wishes and dust. Thanks GC, folic acid, and iron pills...whew we did it!!!!!
I am new to this site and TTC.  I started taking GC on Dec. 20th.  I am awaiting my AF on the 8th of this month.  I took a "shot" of the tonic this a.m., but I think I am going to go back to taking the pills.  Wish me luck that I don't see my AF this month!
I'm 29 1/2 yrs old new to this site no kids ttc...and I bought my first bottle of G today and I also ck'd my ovaluting calendar which also is today so let's keep our fingers crossed.... btw how soon after I start taking them should I take a test?
OK..HERE IS MU STORY.ILL MAKE IT BRIEF...ME AND MY MOM AND SISTER WS HAVING A CONVERSATION ABOUT KIDS AND HER CHILDHOOD BEING MY SISTER IS EIGHT MONTHS PREGO ON HER THIRD CHILD..SHE IS 29 AND IM 21.IM THE YOUNGEST.SHE IS THE SECOND TO OLDEST..NEWAYS MY MOM MENTIONED THAT HER DR TOLD HER AT EIGHTEEN SHE COULD NOT HAVE KIDS.BUT MARRYING MI DAD AT TWENTY HE INTRODUCED HER TO GERTIOL..SHE DIDNT SAY IF IT WAS GC OR TONIC BUT IT WORKED BECAUSE 30YRS LATER ITS FIVE OF US.. ;)SO I STARTED TO LOOK IT UP N I FOUND U LADIES....AT FIRST I WAS A LIL SKEPTICAL BUT AFTER UR STORIES OF SUCCESS IDK.I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT HAVING KIDS BUT AFTER CN SO MI SISTER N BESTIE OF FIVE YRS HAVE A BBY I WONDERED. ME AND MI BF HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOUR YRS.HE IS 29 .HE HAS NO KIDS. N FOR LONG THOUGHT HE COULDN'T HAVE NE BEING NEVER GOT A GIRL PREGGO(FORREAL) N AFTER YR TWO I WONDERED COULD I. BEING WE BEEN HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX FOR THREE YEARS NOW. NOT TRYING.NOW AT A AGE HE WANTS KIDS WE THINK CAN I OR HE.WE NEVER GOT TOLD WE COULDNT BUT NEVER HAVE. NEWAYS NOW HERE I AM. 2/18/2011HAVING BEEN DOIN RESEARCH FOR THREE WEEKS.BOUGHT GC.IDK Y.IDK IF IM READY. THO HE IS N I REALLY WANT IT TO B GODS WILL.NOT ME TRYING.BUT I GOT THEM JUS TO HAVE IN CASE MAYB I WILL TAKE THEM TO GET HEALTHY BEING I EAT BAD N HAVE LOW IRON. BUT IF I END UP PREGO I KNEW BETTER.? MAYB I WANT..HELP.SORRY SO LONG.
Hi, I'm new to this but I have been on depo for about 3 1/2 years I suppose to take my next shot by May 20th but I have been taking genital and folic acid since yesterday which was May 13. Do u think this will work for me cause we are ready to have a child. I already have to wonderful boys. But me and him don't hve one together and we have discussed it and it is what we want.
I am new to this site and I just been reading most of yall post on here.  For the Ladies with PCOS please dont get discourage I found out that I am diagnosed with that too but I didnt give up.  I went through Fertility Institute and had a one day procedure done called Laparoscopy Ovarian Drilling.  It was costy but it was worth it cause 9 mths later I found out I was preg.  Had my healthy baby boy last yr in Aug.  Best Blessing I could have ever had and been patient for. YOU DEF GOTTA HAVE PATIENCE!!!! BUT I do plan on working on baby#2 and want to do geritol since I havent gotten any results of pregnancy lately.  
My Dr. told me that the surgery only will work for about a yr period.  I just refuse to pay all that money again so now I am like what the heck I can spend a few dollars on Geritol and try it out.  And if it happens it happen if not I am still THANKFUL for my baby boy!!
I been taking geritol since may 4th I feel bloated moody and very hungry I pray to my heavenly father that I'm pregnant during o I spotted brownish pinkish in my panties and my discharge is like lotion I been very tired thought geritol was suppose to give energy lol I have one server headache two days ago that tylenol couldn't touch. I just started having mild cramping in lower belly wonder have anyone felt like this and a pos preg test or is it af coming again oh I also take prenatal pills with gc I put it God hands that I am pray for me in Jesus name amen
Well i started taking GC About June 28,2011 and I  Started My REG Period July1st. I Found tht My Fertility Days Were From 7-10-11 Til 7-16-11 and My Ovalation day was.7-15-2011. Me and My BF HAd Sex on the 12th and the OD. SO Hopefully Well Find out some Good News Soon..I think i Added up my Fertile days and also my OD from the APP on my Cell PHone...Will DEf Keep you Guys Posted..And TO EVeryone This is my First Time TTC.Thanks BestWishes to All.
Hey,  Im new here (yay!)
Im 29 years old and my husband is 40.  He has never Fathered a child and I have never had any pregnancies either.  My periods have never been regular, the doctors say I am healthy, but my weight (I am over weight) may have something to do with the irregular periods.

I bought GC today.  I am REALLY hoping to get pregnant.  We want a baby so bad!  Wishing Baby Dust to all of you!
Been ttc for a little over a year i just started taking geritol in liquid form  about a month ago. Af is due in about nine days so we'll see what happens. Best of luck to everyone ttc!:) I'll keep you updated
Hello everyone! I'm sooo happy there are still women on this site posting new stories. I started geritol tonic back in august but still no baby yet.:(     but really its only been about 30 days and i just started a new bottle. Hopefully this will be the month that it finally happens. Been ttc for over a year with #3 and my husband has a child from a previous relationship and we really want a child together. Af is due on the 20th so fingers crossed! And good luck to everyone! I'll keep you posted
Does anybody have success stories i see a couple of you started back in july any updates!!! Plz dont leave me hanging i could really use a ttc buddy right now
Hey ive been taking Geritol tonic for 3 days now I have been ttc #2 since 2008 with no luck. One of my co-workers told me about geritol so I went and bought a bottle and waited 4 af to start she showed up on the 8th I will keep everyone posted !
My husband and i have been trying to conceive for 5 yrs now. We have 2 children ages 8 and 6. have PCOS, which i had even before i got pregnant. I also have hyperthyroid and a pituitary tumor but i had those when i got pregnant in the past. My PCOS caused me to have a thick lining to my uterus and took me over 3 yrs to get a gyno to do a dnc. I have been taking the geritol tonic and folic acid 1/day  since Sept. Plus i am on throid medication and metformin for the PCOS.  My periods usually last 1 wk to 10days my last one was 5 days late and only started after i man hit the front of my car. and i only had a day of spotting then a day of bleeding then one more day of spotting. AF supposed to come this weekend or early next week. Praying that this will be my time.
I have heard from many people about the success of geritol. I did not get a period yet this year. I will try geritol to help this and ttc maybe it will help.  I was wondering Should I replace my vitamin with geritol while taking chinesse herbs, vitex and accupressure?

Ladyr