Maternal & Child Community
Anyone been pg with no breast soreness?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Anyone been pg with no breast soreness?

I am sure this question has been asked in the past, but here goes again.  I am on CD26 and have a 28 day cycle, leaving Christmas Eve as the day AF is to start.  When I was pg before my m/c, I had soreness starting on CD 20/21.  I just wanted to see if if is possible that I could be pg even if I don't have any symptoms like before.  I am being hopeful, but without any symptoms, I am setting myself up for AF to show up univited for the holidays.  Any input would be helpful.  I don't want to waste another hpt this month, but would like to know by Christmas morning, if AF hasn't show up yet.
With my Daughter, I did not ever get sore boobs, but with my son (1st pregnancy, my DD was 2nd) I had them really, really bad. I'm pg with baby #3 (4th pg, 3rd ended in m/c) and they hurt really bad again...don't know yet if it's a boy or girl, but nonetheless, it is possible to be pg without sore boobs.  Good luck and lots of baby dust.  

PS. wait until Christmas to take the test.  Don't take it early.  It will only leave you wondering if you did take it TOO early.
My doctor (who I love and respect) told me that a woman's breasts do not fully mature until she is pregnant and gives birth.  Therefore, he believes almost all first pregnancies experience breast soreness.  However, only some women will have the symptom with following pregnancies.  I do not know if this is your first, so I'm not sure if this helps much.  Also, if you haven't yet missed your period, you may not experience the symptoms yet.  With my first, I experienced the breast soreness before the missed period, but with this pregnancy it did not come until after the missed period.
I was the same way. With my first child I couldn't even stand to wear a seat belt and I have noticed it almost not at all this time. Being women we then worry about why our boobs don't hurt like hell!! LOL Good Luck!! Ginger
I had no symptoms with this last one....I mean none! I took a test just so that I wouldnt dwell on it,and I was surprised when it was positive..
Thank you all for your replies.  To answer the question about which pg this is....I was pg in August and had a mmc and d&c on 9/29.  This is my 2nd month ttc after the mc and I used OPK this month.  I guess if AF doesn't show tomorrow, I will test.  I have only had moodiness, which could be associated with AF, but have had a lot more cm than usual.  I would really like to get the best Christmas present in the world right now, but I am trying not to get my hopes up too much.  Thank you all and best of luck to you whatever stage you are in!!
My last LMP started on November 26th.
I am due to start tommorow, the 23rd.
I have had breast tenderness on and off before my period, way in the past, but nothing at all in a long time.
But this month, my breasts started to hurt after ovulation, they really hurt if lying down on the couch and then when getting up, or in the morning when I first get up, and all day.
Sometimes too I feel like jabbing or stabbing pains in them,
I can't have any kind of pressure on my chest, they can really hurt.
I have no idea what is up, and the very light twinges or pains, I feel probably means my period will start on schedule or not too late.
I don't think If I were pregnant, I would have symptoms this early, before I missed my period.
Hi all - and happy new year!  I have a quick questions and am hoping some of you can help.  I am trying to get pregnant, for the first time, and although my period is a few days late, I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy (sore breasts, morning sickness, etc...).  Also, the home pregnancy test I just took said I wasn't?  Has anybody been pregnant with no early symptoms before?  I am wondering how common it is and if I should continue to get me hopes up.  Thanks!
I am new to this site and have a question.  I noticed someone said they had breast tenderness but now don't have any.  I miscarried a few months ago and before my miscarriage my breast would get very sore from the moment I ovulated to the time my period started.  Since my miscarriage I have had NO breast tenderness at all.  This concerns me because I am trying to get pregnant again and am hoping this is not a sign of a problem.  I just turned 40 so I am very worried that my horomones are all scewed up. Anybody have any idea as to why the sudden lack of breast tenderness.  My progesterone was tested and it is very good.
I miscarried twice in 2003 at 9 weeks both times and had the d/c procedure. I also used to experience breast tenderness in the second half of my cycle just about every month. Since the miscarriages I haven't had breast tenderness at all. I'm concerned beacuse am desperate to be pregant again and hoping this isn't a problem. I'm about to turn 40 and hope my hormone levels are ok. Blood tests around the time of my second miscarriage indicated all was fine. I know I can fall pregnant as both times it took 3 months and we have a 4 year old. I still can't help but worry and this journey for a second child has not been much fun.
Great to hear back from you Still Hopefuland and am keen to hear how you get on with the FSH test.Hey,what does clomid do  (just curious)?
Back to the breast stuff - my dr did say don't stress about the breast tenderness changes but I gotta say it's hard not to. I feel like I'm constantly touching my boobs to see if they feel different post ovulation. I'm in the second half of my cycle now but so far no breast changes. I'm figuring if there's a hint of some tenderness then its a good sign. Fingers crossed. Boy its sooooooo consuming.
SWARAH:  It really helps to know that someone else is experiencing the same thing.  I have asked my doctor and done so much research but can not find any answers to the breast tenderness thing.  I am going in for the Follical Stimulating Hormone (FSH) test on my next cycle to see how my ovarian reserve is doing.  They will also put my on clomid for the test so maybe that will do the trick.
Swarah: Your comment cracked me up about contantly touching your boobs because I do the SAME thing!  You sould exactly like me.  My doctor said the same thing but I guess it's this feeling that something must be wrong.  Clomid is suppose to either extend ovulation or cause more eggs to be released.  My doctor said it would increase the changes of twins.  I hear some success stories and others who haven't benefited from it.  I'll try anything.  Only got pregnant once and that ended ina  miscarriage.  I agree, this can be soooo frustrating!!!!  I am getting sick of peeing on strips, taking temps, using my fertility monitor, etc., etc.!   I'm going on vacation today so I'll check back next week.  Hope this is your month!
Hey Still Hopeful, hope you had a relaxing break. I'm looking forward to a few days away with my husband next week to unwind, de-stress, take my mind off myself and my cycle and enjoy some quality time together.

Have been trying for 3 months since the second miscarriage and thought we'd be there by now. I know I've gotta stay positive and have a healthy mind and body if it's going to happen. I find managing the disappointment and emotions with the period coming is tricky stuff!!  Am not good at it at all as nothing else seems to matter.  I know what I've gotta do but it's just being positive and bright and sparky is soooo hard when you'e feeling like ****.

Tell me , do you know when you're ovulating? I get a change in my mucus pattern and most months a niggle on either side which can last a few days on and off to indicate something is going on. Although this cycle I didn't experience any ovulation pains. So then of course I worry if I've ovulated or not. Boy, why do I analyse every little thing. Do you? I guess turning 40 is feaking me out and I'm nervous that my body won't be able to do it again, especially given I'm not experiencing any pre menstrual symptoms as I used to before the miscarriages.
Anyway, take care and hope to hear back from you soon.

I am new here and I have some worries;most of them I saw you had them too; I am 14 days late(I never was more than 4 days late and I never took anticonception medication) but I had a D&C in september 2003;can have something to do with it? But we are trying to get pregnant again so this   makes me to have doubts;if I would have not had sex- no problem is just late this month, but we did in the good period ,I hoped ;I did 2 tests and they were both negative (in the 34 and 37 day).My doctor didn't want to do a blood test or send me to an echo;I cannot handle a third test if shows negative again.I want to ask if anybody got pregnant in the 4th week , I mean when they actually shoud have had the next period?It could be posible with me and then I was maybe too early with my tests.
I don't feel at all pregnant; is my 3rd pregnancy(the 2nd one ended in a m/c);only no apetite   and had some easy pain around days when I should get period.
Did anybody share these things?
Thanks you all,
Kat
Swarah:  Well I am back from vacation but came back with a nasty cold.  Of course this is my fertile week so my husband and I are giving it out best shot!  As far as ovulation goes, last month I was so sure I DID NOT ovulate because I didn't feel any of the familar symptoms so I went in to get my progesterone tested and by the results (it was high) my doctor said I definetly ovulated.  I know how hard it is to not get all freaked out by symptoms or lack of symptoms.  I keep telling myself, it will happen when the time is right but I can't tell you how hard it is the day I get my period.  It is such a disappointment that I get depressed for an entire day.  I never imagine this would be such a huge deal.  I try to keep my mind off of it but guess how that's working out-HA!   Where are you in your cycle?   I am right in the middle.  

Swarah glad that you had a nice break.  I am also trying to have the same positive attitude.  It makes things so much worse when you get all obsessed and crazy!  

As far as my fertile symptoms go, I do notice CM changes but I have to really be looking for it.  Also, I have very very slight cramps.   When I'm temping I do notice a temp shift.  I used to get very sore boobs and more intense cramps but this was all Pre-miscarriage.  I too have noticed a little more sore boobs this month.  It is mainly in the nipple area but definetly not how they used to be.  Maybe we are finally getting back to normal.  

To have your progesterone tested you have to give a blood sample 7 days after ovulation. I had this done but it was on the high side so progesterone was not causing decrease in breat tenderness.  I think I already told you but next cycle I'm going for the Follicle Stimulating Hormone test (FSH) which tests your egg reserve.  This is where you give blood on day 3 and 10 and on days 5-9 you take clomid.  

Well keep up the good attitude and let me know how things work out!!

Still Hopeful. Am back from a 5 day break which was just sensational. To answer your question as far as my cycle goes am up to day 26 and am pretty much bang on 30 days. What is so weird though is that this cycle I
Hiya Still Hopeful, hope all is well with you and your cold hasn't hung around too long. My period arrived on Sunday - day 29 and and am surprisingly feeling okay. Am trying to be as healthy and as positive as possible, walk every day if I can  and keep planning lots of things to look forward to. So that's all my news for now. Not much else to report. Take care and keep me posted on how things are travelling with you. Swarah
Swarah, glad to hear you are doing well even after having AF arrive.  I also feel very relaxed this month and don't feel too obsessed like I have previous months.  I think the miscarriage made me crazy.  Finally acheiving pregnancy and then having it taken away make me feel more desperate!  I am only on day 17 so I have a ways to go.   Well, keep me informed of what's going on! :>  
Stillhopeful: I was wondering if you've been in for the Follical Stimulating Hormone test during this cycle? If so how did you get on? Am feeling pretty good at the moment and have been keeping busy and chanelling energies into positive thoughts!!  Not looking forward to going back to work next week though I've gotta say. Have had about 5 weeks break whcih has been just sensational. Anyway, am off to the Australian Open Tennis today with my mum & sisters which am looking forward to so had better go and get orgnaised. Be in touch soon.
Swarah:  Haven't had the test this cycle.  If AF comes when it is suppose to come, I will be having it on 2/3 and then 2/10.  I am only on day 20 and I already feel AF coming.  Breast have gone back to not being tender at all.  I know this is not supposes to matter but it still bugs me.  

You sound like you have a really fun day ahead of you and FIVE week off from work, how nice. Hope you are well rested when you return:>  Talk to you soon!
stillhopeful: I know what you mean with the breast tenderness stuff. I kept clutching at mine last month in the second half of my cycle in the hope they would feel different to usual. (which they sort of did much to my surprise) It certainly bugs me too, which is why it is so hard to let go of why they don't get as tender or as heavy anymore!

I'm sure our bodies are fine. When you think of the amazing hormonal changes that go on with pregnancy & miscarriage it's really no wonder symtoms (symptoms) can change with time.Well I hope that's why it is!!

I keep telling myself plenty of women have babies in their 40's. Infact all I'm seeing at the moment when I'm out and about is women older than me either extremely pregnant or with small babies in prams!! It's a good feeling.

I can't believe that I'm almost at ovulation time in my cycle again. (Day 10) It seems to come around quickly! Anyway, not much else to report. Take care and will chat soon.
Swarah:  Sounds like you really are doing pretty good if you can say ovulation comes around so quickly.  It helps when you aren't thinking about it all 24/7.  I feel like things are moving along much quicker now that I know this could take time.

I am looking forward to going on Clomid.  It seems to help some women.  I'll try whatever they tell me.  It just amazes me with 500,000,000 sperm, how come NOT ONE reaches miss egg :>
Swarah:  Here I am at Day 30 and AF has showed up. I knew she would but I was still hoping.   I am hoping the clomid works for me this month.  At least I will feel like I am doing something.  

Hope all is well with you!  
hi everyone..
am new here..i had a miscarriage on the 6th of oct.and tried to conceive since then..however i always experience breast soreness...at least 10 days before my period is due...my LMP was on the 30th of jan.my ave.cycle is 29 so am expecting it within 9 days from today...and my breasts r not sore or tender at all!
and this is for the first time since ages...the last intercourse with my husband was on the 13th..since the 16th till today am having slight cramping with no pain..
does anyone think theres a probability of being pregnant??
hi everyone..
hi everyone..
jh
wasoona:  I have found out that anything is possible with pregnancy!  We miscarried around the same time.  I have also been trying ever since and am getting discouraged already!  I guess all we can do at this point is wait and hope that this is OUR MONTH!  The breast thing is very strange to me because like you I ALWAYS used to get very tender breast.  
i have not  boobs sore   at all mine period   was  do a long time ago  .  iam over due   it been 2 week  and mine boobs not that   sore   but  a little n ot  much   does it mean iam    prangnet    been trying to have a baby for while  could fainl be here    can  any talk to me  thank you debbie
i have not  boobs sore   at all mine period   was  do a long time ago  .  iam over due   it been 2 week  and mine boobs not that   sore   but  a little n ot  much   does it mean iam    prangnet    been trying to have a baby for while
i have not  boobs sore   at all mine period   was  do a long time ago  .  iam over due   it been 2 week  and mine boobs not that   sore   but  a little n ot  much   does it mean iam    prangnet
I am 41 and am about 15 days late for my period i took a home pregnacy test about three days ago and it was negative with my other three pregnancies it took two weeks after a mp for me to get good results that was almost 17 years ago and I am wondering if that is the case. I thought the newer test would be more sensitive than they were so long ago anybody out there experienced the same problem?
I had unprotected sex with husband about three days prior ovulation.  About two days after ovulation i noticed my breasts starting to get sore, until they were as sore as ever!!!  Like many women before have written, i found my self grabbing and prodding my boobs loving the soreness of them and what it meant.  I did have weird food aversions and minor nausea, and cramping in my left abdomen.  This pain lasted a good three days strong, but last night when I woke up to pee I realized that the pain was all but gone.  Almost unpredictable.  Now I am grabbing and poking at them wanting to feel that pain again.  I still have funny feelings in my abdomen, and my period isn't due for another 9 days.  Is this lessoning of pain a normal thing, or is it is sign of a miscarriage already???   Please help me wise women!!!
I had a miscarriage at 6-7 months with my first pregnancy and then several months later had a very healthy little girl. My breasts we a little tender both times but I didn't really notice anything until around the time of my af. I am trying for another pregnancy now and so far I have no breast tenderness at all but I have felt some cramping the last 2 days and my af is expected in about 4-5 days. So, we'll see.

For those of you worried about miscarriages someone I know who is 43 had 3 miscarriages but then had a very healthy son. So, keep your hopes up, it WILL happen.
I am new to this site, I have a question for whoever wants to answer.
My LMP was January 30,2010  I spotted from march 6 to the 10th or so I was suppose to start on March 12 as of now I am a month late it is now April 15th and I still haven't had my period  my periods are usually spuratic and off, the last two times before this one have been within the same time. I usually have my period 6 or 7 weeks after I have it. so it's been a month and three days since I have spotted I have been nausious but I haven't had any breast tenderness could I still be pregnant? I bought a pregnancy test and I want to take it tomorrow 4/16/2010 but I don't know if I should wait a little bit more to take it. please tell me what you think.
        Cala Wright  
i need some help here guys i started my period around the 3rd may n had sex wit ma bf on d 26th. .i havent come on since n its bin lyk six weeks. .i tuk a test abt 1 week and abit ago. Both test come out negative. . Bt i feel i may have taken it too early. I was supposed to come on my period lyk 2 weeks ago. Bt havent Ive had symptons like bloating, mild cramping,nausea bt nt actuali bin sick. feelin very tired, bt no tender breast or spotting... Could i be pregnant?. .
Pregnancy tests are usually pretty accurate if taken anytime after you've missed your period, though it also depends on when you're testing. They're most accurate in early pregnancy when taken first thing in the morning before you've drank anything. This way your urine isn't diluted and you have the highest concentration of HCG in your urine. Symptoms don't mean anything they can be related to other things, so you can't base it on that alone. The only thing you can do is to retest with first morning urine, and if that still shows a negative to make an appointment with your doctor and request blood work be done. The can do an exact count of the HCG in your blood which would give you a for sure answer.
I had a miscarriage almost 4 and a half years ago. Haven't been trying to get pregnant since then, but haven't been on any kind of BC since then either. I've always had an irregular period, but I do keep tracking using a calendar of a "normal" persons 28 days, just so I can track how irregular mine are, if that makes any since lol. The calendar said (if my cycle were to be 28 days) that I should have started the 30th of January and I actually started spotting on the 28th, just light brown spotting, no need for a tampon or pad and no cramps, which is very unusual because during ALL of my periods before, I've always had atleast 1 or 2 days of heavy bleeding and definitely always had cramps, plus I've NEVER had a period that would actually come on the day it should, let alone 2 days early. I took a HPT on the 1st of this month and it was negative, but I'm also having many signs of pregnancy, nauseas, bloating, mild short cramping, cravings for very specific foods, some lower back pain and some dizziness. I know this sounds ridiculous but could I be pregnant?
Hey I'm chelsea bit worried I had intercorsE on my ovulation date but not wearin a comdom and had missed my pill by axident I've been getting cramps and alson I have been urinating quite a lot I've been sick too but not every day my brests are not hurting tho does this mean I'm pregnant I've done a few tests but is it also true you have to wait up to ten days to find out from your gp very scared xx
its very possible i may be pregnant ive been having symptoms at least i thought i was but now im having symptoms of ovulating im confused am i pg or ovulating? Some say the symptoms are very similar to one another and i dont wanna take a test just yet
My husband and I have sex frequently I've been experiencing cramping since my last period wich was 26 days ago my period is always 28 day cycle .
I'm 2 days until my period comes again '
have no sore breast was feelin nausea 20 days
this last week nothing
but never vomit just feel sick
2 days before my period I'm cramping again
Could I be pregnant???? Pleas help!