Maternal & Child Community
Anyone else experienced early placenta previa??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I was told with some spotting last week that my placenta is covering my cervix.  I was only 10.5 weeks when we saw this on the ultrasound and the doctor says that many times it fixes itself over time and moves.  Has anyone experienced this?  When you read about placenta previa.... it is very scary and this is my first.  

Also, I am 11.5 weeks now and my uterus feels like rock hard.... is this normal?

thanks
Avatar n tn
with my son when i went in for my 12, 20, and 26 week scans they told me the placenta was low lying (i.e. placenta previa) and completely covered my cervix.  they told me no lifting, no intercourse because pressure put on the cervix could cause the placenta to bleed.  if blood is coming from the placenta then it is not getting the little one.  i did what they said and all went well.  when i went in for my 36 week scan the placenta had moved and would have been able to deliver vaginally had i not opted for the c-section.
Avatar n tn
Ok.  This is my first comment ever.  I am 7 weeks pg.  I had a m/c only 3 months ago.  I had some light spotting last week combined with cramping.  It turned a little red.  I went to the doctor, had a u/s.  I saw the fetus and the heartbeat.  He said everything seemed fine.  But, placenta previa was mentioned.  Today, i started bleeding again.  Just pink when i wipe, but it started to turn a little brighter when i wiped. I'm going to call the Dr. in the morning, but could that be a sign of placenta previa?  thanx.