Maternal & Child Community
Anyone else have a pounding/fast heartbeat during pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ok this drives me nuts...my heart feels like it's pounding during this pregnancy.  It also did it when I was pregnant with my daughter but it didn't start until the 3rd trimester.  This time it started early.  The rate is anywhere from 96-114.  I went and saw a cardiologist on Friday who did an EKG and it was normal and they sent me home with the heart monitor that you wear for 24 hours.  I bring that back to them tomorrow whenI get a heart ultrasound.  They said it's most likely pregnancy related.
It is soooo annoying and actually a little scary!   Anyone else have this?
yes!!! with my last pregnancy, had tests and came back all fine! very strange hey, i think maybe it is just a pregnancy thing!
Yes-my heart pounded last night worse than it ever has. I'm in my 26th week. It really, really scared me and I know I even felt some regurgitation?? Or something like that? It pounded really hard for a few times and it feel almost like a squishy, sloppy feeling?? I can't describe it but I think I need to see a cardiologist as well. I've had an echo done on my heart in the past due to a murmur and it really scares me. How far along are you?
I'm only 18 weeks and it's already started!  If I have to feel this for the next 22 weeks, I'm going to loose my mind!  
I'll let you guys know what the cardiologist says after the ultrasound..
yep- i had it terrible this pregnancy. Last one wasn't as bad. It was in the first trimester and calmed down by the middle of the second. I had a ton of tests, went to specialists... they chalked it up to pregnancy. Hormones, and my response to the huge change in blood volume. I dreaded experiencing it for the rest of my pregnancy, but thank goodness it calmed down a LOT, and my HR now (at 38 1/2 weeks) is actually lower than my normal.