Maternal & Child Community
Anyone have 6 miscarriages and had a successful pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I found out yesterday I am having my 6th miscarriage and they are going to do a D&C sometime next week but we aren’t sure when.  They have to wait for the Lovenox to get out of my system before they can operate.  (

Has anyone had 6 losses and gone on to have a successful pregnancy?

I have Factor Leiden V, MTHFR, and elevated FSH.  If this baby comes back as abnormal I will do IVF with donor eggs.  If the baby comes back normal I have no clue what to do.

Losses:

1st: Aug 2006 Blighted Ovum (passed on my own)

2nd: Jan 26th Blighted Ovum (D&C)

3rd: Oct 2007 (missed miscarriage after seeing heartbeat) had D&C

4th: Dec 2008: spontatnous m/c (passed on my own)

5th: May 2009: chemical pregnancy

6th: Oct 2009: Missed miscarriage (saw heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days)

I didn’t tell anyone I was pregnant.  It was a complete surprise and when I found out I just wanted to wait and see if this one would stick. Only my parents knew about this pregnancy and a few close friends. We saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days.  Yesterday I went back for a routine follow up ultrasound at 8 weeks 5 days and found out the baby died a week and ½ ago.  So this is my 6th miscarriage and my 2nd missed miscarriage as I didn’t have any symptoms to indicate anything was wrong.  (and I still don’t)  I should know more on Monday when they are going to schedule me for surgery.  

This will be my 3rd D&C so I pretty much know what to expect afterwards. So tired of this ****.  Why do I keep getting pregnant if I can’t carry at least one to term?  

I just don't understand why this keeps happening. 6 pregnancies 0 live births. Why do I keep getting pregnant if I can't keep them. It’s so unfair :(  I'm so tired of this emotional roller coaster. I'm nauseas right now too. that's the worst part. I still feel pregnant and the baby has been dead for almost 2 weeks :(  It such a horrible feeling.  I'm so tired of letting DH and my parents down. So glad I didn't tell many people.

My DH and I just adopted our daughter in July.  I'm so thankful I have her.  She makes this loss easier to handle

BTW: DH means Dear Husband

-Lisa
hi,
i'm in same sort of position as you, i,ve just had my 4th miscarriage this year
losses in april, july, september and fell pregnant without a period after miscarriage on 29th september. been  told its to do with chromosones being abnormal , the longest pregnancy was 6weeks although pregnancy had gone before that. have appointment in november at hosp to see why this keeps happening especially as i've had 3 healthy pregnancies but just want that last try for a little girl after 3 boys.
wish you luck
I have not, but my supervisor at work had 8 before she had her little girl.  It is possible.  I'm very sorry for your losses.  I don't know what else to say.  My heart is breaking for you.  I'm terribly sorry, once again.
I learned today that I am also having my 6th m/c.  This one was a total surprise as we had not been trying.  I was really sick this time around, have not been that sick with the others.  I had an ultrasound at 7 1/2 weeks that was fine, today there was a sac but no baby, would be 10 weeks tomorrow.   I have been diagnosed with PAI but Lovanox was supposed to take care of that.  I am so depressed.  I really thought this one was the one.  I also have still been sick, just not like I was a few weeks ago.  I also have had 0 births.  Thank God for my daughter that we adopted 4 yrs ago and just got alittle boy 3 months ago that we are also hoping to adopt.  My heart goes out to you!
These are heartbreaking, devastating situations.

What kinds of specialists have you been to, to investigate the causes of multiple, repeated miscarriages?

I'm so sorry for what you are going through.
I totally understand what you are going through.  The end of September I lost my baby at 16 weeks 5 day.  It was a boy.  This was especially hard because we have had 5 previous miscarriages with no real explanation as to WHY this was happening.  This pregnancy my doctor put me on progesterone shots that hurt like hell, but I endured once a week.  Normally I miscarry before 10 weeks, never getting out of the first trimester.  All was well and one morning I lost my water.  So now along with having the first trimester problem I now have found I have a incompetent cervix.  I'm going to try again, but its hard.  I know it hurts like heck but just pray for the strength to do just that. Love to you all--
I know someone who had about 5 miscarriages and then went on to have a healthy pregnancy.

Try to keep your hopes up and good luck.
I just found out that my husband has a family history of MTHFR.  We are now 62, we have been married for 42 years.  I had numberous pregnancies that all but one ended in misscarriage.  I really lost count of how may times it happened, because most of the time it was really early.  It was not until in the late 70's that you could take a home preg test.  Why that one pregnancy ended in a baby I can not say, but I know I had three more after he was born.  We too adopted our oldest son, but after John and I were married 14 years we had Dylan.  Good luck to you.
Thank you so much for writing and giving me some hope. I have tears in my eyes right now. I really appreciate it :)  You are proof that it is possible. :)
I have had 6 miscarriages after my 3rd we did chromosome testing and found out that 2 of mine have broken in half and switched places.  I was told that I would not be able to have a child but if I did it would probably have something wrong.  I just gave birth to a perfect baby boy on October 3!!  Dont give up hope!!  Miracles happen!!  Good luck!
the dr told me the samething tha+ my chromosones was n balanced and that 2 of them where broken n half and switched i have been pregnant 5 times the last time was may of last yr 09 and they all ended up n miscarriages ive never gotten pass the first trimester and it seem with everyone it gets harder u would think it would get easier but it dosent. the best thing u can do is"LET GO AND LET GOD" everything has a purpose and a reason,
gods only gonna give u what he wants u 2 have. so just keep postive cause i feel ur pain:<
You didn't mention what treatments you've been on.  I am 37, tested positive for MTHFR and had my third miscarriage in Dec 09.  No live births.  I'm now seeing a Fertility Specialist who is putting me on extra Folic Acid (Folgard) and after my lab results come back, he could possibly put me on Baby Aspirin with the Folgard, Progesterone, Lovenox, meds to regulate insulin (mine could be too high resulting in low blood sugar), and Prednisone.  Again the tests will rule out anything else that is off balance.  Maybe there is something you haven't tried yet that is the missing piece of the puzzle?  If all of this tweaking works for me, I'll be kicking myself for not seeing a Fertility Specialist sooner, so don't put it off.  OB's don't have the expertise and may give you false information.  My OB told me my MTHFR came back normal when the Fertility Specialist told me I was positive!  I already feel a sense of calm and hope as we try again in February with the prescribed treatments.  Best of luck to you!    
I have had all of the testing done and seen 3 Reproductive Endocrinologist.  I have Factor V Leiden, MTHFR, and elevated FSH.  When I am pregnant I am on progesterone, baby asprin, lovenox, extra folic acid.  I have even done acupuncture when I was pregnant and it didn't work.  Doctors say it is my elevated FSH and to keep trying until one sticks.  I'm only 30 years old and my FSH wasn't that high.  Best of luck to you in Feb.  We are trying again right now too.  I am hopeful that if I keep trying 1 will stick eventually.  Of course I am still on all of those treatments every time I am pregnant and I load up on the folic acid when we are trying as well.  Hope 2010 brings us all successful pregnancies.
I'm so sorry I never wrote earlier but I wanted to thank everyone for sharing their stories and their comments since my original post.  It means a lot to me.  

Ginhut03- I am so sorry for your losses and everyone else on here that has gone through the same thing.  How heartbreaking.  Sending hugs your way.

I just wanted to say hello to everyone and ask how all of you are doing. I have had two miscarriages in a row after having three healthy babies and I am pregnant now and afraid that I will miscarry again. I hope all of you have healthy babies soon.
I had a m/c in early Jan 2010 & since then found out I have 2 mutations of MTHFR.  The RE put me on folbic acid but I am taking it upon myself to also see a hemotolgist (Blood DR) just because I want to see what he thinks about all my results.  RE know a good amount but a hemotolgist is a speicalist in blood.  
I have also had 6 miscarriages and am now currently pregnant with my 7th pregnancy, only 4 1/2 weeks along at this point. I also have had all the tests done, chromosones, etc., all my tests have come back normal except one. I have been told that I am Protien C Deficient and therefore am on Lovenox in hopes that it will help me carry to term. I was also on Lovenox on my last pregnancy and made it one week longer than I usually do when I miscarry. I miscarry between 5 and 7 weeks each time. I'm so worried for this one. If it doesn't work out again this time, what do I do? Anyone have suggestions??
I am hoping that pregnancy number 7 works out for you.    Are you also on Baby Aspirin along with the Lovenox?  I just had my 7th miscarriage on May 5th :(  This was a chemical pregnancy.  My first HCG was 59 and the second HCG 4 days later was 37.  They are telling me it is my egg quality and that I should use donor eggs.  I don't have that kind of money to put towards IVF with egg donation to MAYBE get pregnant and MAYBE carry to term.  It's hard enough miscarrying when I get pregnant on my own, imagine miscarrying after spending 20K? :( I still feel one day I will carry to term naturally.  I hope and pray I'm right.

Sending many prayers your way and sticky baby dust. Please keep us updated.
Thanks for the well wishes. I hope this one works out. Its just been devastating. I have a Dr appt tomorrow so I'm going to ask some questions. I'm not currently on the baby asprin but will look into that. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks again for the thoughts.
hi my name is ayse
i know how you r feeling i have just 6 weeks ago suffered my 6th miscarriage i do however have 3children so you can have a healthy birth
as of yet i am unaware of any reason as to why i keep miscarrying
to every1 else im wishing you all the best with currant pregnancies or future pregnancies
So.... as with all the others, I have lost the pregnancy. That is #7 now. 4th one in a year. They had me on Lovenox (80 mg), Progesterone and baby asprin. Now what? I feel like we are running out of options. I'm just so sad and frustrated.
I'm so sorry :(  How far along were you this time?  I can totally relate since I have just had my 7th loss as well.  Today I decided to start acupuncture again.  Have you tried that?  Will they be able to test the baby from this last pregnancy?  Sending many hugs your way right now.  If you need anything please feel free to contact me through this site. I think if I try and put my email address on here it won't show it.
I have had six miscarriages and done rounds and round of IVF.  I am also on Lovenox and a daily baby aspirin.  I am currently pregnant with my second child and am 17 weeks.  I hope and pray this one works.

I am so sorry to hear about your pain.  I know the depth of it must have been overwhelming....it's horribly difficult.  I will keep you in my thoughts.....
congrats on your current pregnancy.  Did they ever discover why you had the losses?
I feel I could have written myself many of the comments posted. I have felt the same things, shared the same fears. I have just undergone my 6th miscarriage. Doctors have done all possible the tests and they have found no reason. Just in case they put me under heparine, aspirine and progesterone. All these have not avoided the last miscarriages. Now the explanation they offer is that either we will never know the reason or it is systematic genetic "mistake" when the two set of chromosomes mix, although both our cariotypes are normal. Bottom line, doctors have run out of ideas in our case. I also tried acupunture and I really do believe it helps in making your cycles more regular and getting pregnant. But once you are pregnant, they do not perform acupunture on pregnant women (at least not in the centers I have been to). We have started the adoption procedure first because I am losing any hope of succeeding one day (although some of the stories posted really lifted my spirit) second because I do not think I can take another round of failure, now just the thought of being pregnant again terrifies me, as I can only imagine one outcome. I just want to express my deepest respect and admiration for all women in this post that have suffered so much and have the drive and courage to go on and share it and help others.
This is VERY late from your post...but you sound exactly like my mum...Im trying to find some answers to help with my severe endometriosis.

My mum didn't have that.. however she lost 7 children including my twin (not all in her first timester) to an antibody in her blood. It was over 20 years ago and at 37 she didn't try for anymore children. At the time she was one in a handful of people in Australia to have this antibody....I don't know if it is your one. I'm asking her to get her tests again (she can't get the documents as those doctors have passed on, or remember the name)...I want to be tested as it could give a lot of answers to why i am rejecting hormonal treatment and surgery. She now suffer terribly from DVT :( We've almost lost her to it before.

When I find out I'll let you know if it's the same.

I just want you to know there is hope and I am living proof :)

Goodluck!
Hello Ladies ..I also have had 7 miscarriages ... 2 of them were before my daughter was born at 6 & 7 weeks...then it took 3 years of trying to even get pregnant... she is 2.5 now and since she was about 4 months old we have been trying to give her a sibling ... I am on my 5th miscarriage within a 13month time frame.  I have been through many tests and everything is normal. So normal that my fertility specialist didn't feel I needed anything to help with the pregnancies.  This is the fits time my HCG levels have been tested when I got a positive pregnancy home test ... it was at 43 at 5weeks 2 days later it dropped to 11.  When I see my specialist next I will most likely demand that test to be done to make sure there is not a bacterial or viral infection that is causing the losses...i have been told a cousin of mine had 4 losses before her doc tested for Ureaplasma Urealyticum...its a infection with out symptoms! and it makes the uterus not viable for a fetus and the infection actually causes the miscarriage ... When I asked my specialist about this in Dec the nurse just said ... that is not part of our routine tests. So things are being overlooked ladies ... this is not the only infection that can cause miscarriage ...my cousin sd 2 weeks on some meds for the infection and it was gone and she has 2 boys now. ...Best of luck to all of you! <3
Well, I have just had my 5th miscarriage, and this was my 7th pregnancy. I feel happy to have had 2 successful pregnancies which gave me my wonderful boys, ages 10 and 14, but still I wonder why me? I always have my miscarriages at 8 weeks. Crazy, I just don't get it.. Well this time, being that it's my 3rd on a row the dr are finally going to work me and my husband up, and look at what's going on here. I still have hope.. And I'm glad I've got my 2 boys... Sending hugs and good wishes to all.. Xoxo
any word or update on your post?  I wonder if I have that antibody as well.  What did she do to finally have a successful pregnancy?  Right now I am doing acupuncture and herbs and am in the 2WW.  IN 5 years I h ave had 8 miscarriages :(  1 successful adoption.  I really want to carry to term and give birth.  I just can't give up.

I would appreciate any updates you may have.  Also, what is DVT?  Is it related to her fertilty?

-Lisa
Hi everyone,

My name is Jenevra,i jus recently had a 6th miscarriage, im very frustrated and confused... i was14wks/4 days (2nd, 2nd trimester loss)...i went to the ER for bleeding, saw my baby w/a strong heartbeat..BUT he was upside down ( i thought this was strange and expressed concern about it,but was told babys do that sometime) i was bleeding like a heavy period with slight cramping..and was released to go home...doctor said my baby looked great and sometimes women have unexplained bleeding in pregnancy..within roughly 2 hours, i was back at the ER.

All my doctors have found is i have low vitaminD,so far all tests were fine,ive done genetic counseling w myhub twice--all is well... finally been referred to a high-risk doc....is there anything anyone could suggest i ask...i have a list of questions already but im still in need of any suggestions you ladies may have...

Thanks for reading and best of luck to everyone
email:***@****
hI all, I just want to say im so sorry for all your pain. i too am in the same position, 2 normal healthy pregnancies no problems at all, then 6 losses in a row, over a 2 n half year span. ive just found out that i am pregnant again, ( a complete shock ) as we werent even trying, we had given up and agreed we werent going to put ourselves through it again. all losses in first trimester no apparent reason as to why, was put on asprin on my last pregnancy but it didnt help. the only thing they found was that i had lupus antibodies, which is dangerous in pregnancy, but she tested me after the loss and the antibodies had gone???? so  ive decided that this is in Gods hands whatever happens, and im leaving it in his hands, trusting him completely. my thoughts and prayers are with you all and hope that each and everyone of you get blessed with a child.
trudy x
I am the original poster of this thread.  When I was on here searching for answers it always helped to know if there were any updates from the people who had posted in the past.   Well- here is my update:

After 8 losses, all occuring 8 weeks or earlier and 1 successful adoption I am now 18 weeks pregnant with a little girl!  Please keep faith and keep going.  It has been a long journey but we just had an ultrasound yesterday and she is looking perfect.  Strong heartbeat and measuring right on schedule.

Praying she arrives safe and sound this July.

Hugs to all of you.
-Lisa
I am very happy for you , I am now in my 8th mc and you gave me hope.
Did you do any thing different this time?
I wish you the best of luck
I'm so sorry but please know there is hope.  Keep believing and hoping.  I did a lot of praying and still do.  Yes we did do some things differently this time.  My doc had us do a viral protocol to get my body back in check and balanced.  (this is something my RE does with his patients) It's a bunch of different meds/vitmains taken for 6-8 weeks followed by a bee sting.  Then once I got pregnant we did an intra-lipd treatment 4 times in the first trimester.  LIterally a bag of fat given via IV.  He has had great success with his mmc patients.  I am now 21 weeks pregnant. Don't give up.  I know it's hard.  I've been there.  I have felt so broken and hit bottom but somehow I kept pulling myself back up and trying again.  Bes tof luck to you and sending you many hugs.  
Hi i wish u good luck...i am in a same position i had 7 miscarriages. Done tests no reason why i miscarriage. Now i jst had a last miscarriage feb i was 18 weeks no heartbeat...im so heart broken can any one help????
Just been reading all the posts....while wondering if my 6th  miscarriage is going to happen or not. Two days short of 6wks pregnant now. My first pregnancy 7 yrs ago ended with a trisomy 13 baby girl stillborn at 22wks. Had all the other miscarriages in the years since then....  suspecting my hubby and I have some sort of chromosome issue. Other miscarriages have been around 6wks....one at 7wks from an IVF cycle. Unfortunately am 42 yrs old now...racing against the clock. Will keep trying. Your story is amazing....and am wondering if your pregnancy is almost to full term now? My heart breaks for all the women out there who are struggling to carry a baby to full term...I am sorry and I have no answers. Keep trying if you can.....don't let the fear outweigh your desire to be a mother. love and light and peace to you all.
Just wanted to update you all.  I went into early labor on April 20th when my water bag ruptured.  Was on hospital bed rest until April 29th when I gave birth via Emergency C section to a 2 pound 4 oz baby girl.  After 6 weeks in the NICU I am proud to say she is finally home and doing great!  After 8 losses I finally did it!!  Please keep the faith that it will happen.  Never give up.  If I had thrown in the towel years ago our little baby Livie wouldn't be here today.  
Not sure why it's comforting to know others have gone through similar madness as me...I wouldn't wish multiple miscarriages on anyone so that isn't it but reading these posts I realize...it's not just me and it doesn't make sense but it happens and somehow I think that is helping me tonight on my road to acceptance. I am 43 was married for the 1st time at 40, got pregnant within 3 months - ectopic, got pregnant #2 a year later - miscarried at 6 weeks, got pregnant 1 month later after one period #3  put on progesterone - miscarried somewhere between 16 and 18 weeks -my little guy had trisomy 21.  18 months later - surprise at 43 - pregnancy #4 - I'm now on baby aspirin year round due to antiphosolipid coagulant syndrome but live in France and was with a new dr and forgot to mention the progesterone...maybe it wouldn't have mattered....miscarried again at 6 weeks before I could even get through the busy lines at the hospital to ask the doc to prescribe progesterone.  Anyway, I'm changing doctors but think I may be pregnant again even before having a period...I have to go for a follow-up to my miscarriage HCG so I will no if my numbers have gone up instead of down in a week (they were 23 last time).  Anyway, I don't have any good news. I've not yet had a successful pregnancy but as you see here...it does happen to some so keep your chin up.  I now know to really accept that just cause you've lost 4 pregnancies it doesn't mean that God will or is obliged to carry your next one through to term.  It's something I'll never understand this side of heaven. I'll keep you posted.  Oh blood doc says if I fall pregnant again then I'll be on lovenox too.
i know how you feel, i am 17 and i have had 4 misscarriages already. first one died becuz i was lifting heavy objects and i fell down on my stomach a couple of times, the second and third didnt make it cuz my bf, who was 13 at the time and i was 14, kept be ing abusive to me, physically. and the 4th died becuz from me lifting stuff, becuz i didnt know i was pregnant at the time. i know how you feel though..