Maternal & Child Community
Anyone have two miscarriages in a row after healthy pregnancies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I've recently had my second miscarriage in a year after having two healthy pregnancies my oldest son is 6 and my youngest is 3 i had a miscarriage in nov 2004 and oct 2005. has anyone else had this happen and gone on to have more successful pregnancies. Please respond i need some hope i'm very discouraged.

Thanks Carla
Hi Carla

I am sorry to hear about your miscarriages.  I had 4 miscarriages after the birth of my first son who was born in 96.  My last miscarriage was in February 2000.  The doctor booked me in to have an exploratory.  However just to give you some hope by the time the appointment came round that June I had fallen pregnant in the May and gave birth to our lovely daughter the following year.  At that time I found out I was pregnant again though, I did feel like doing a handstand against the wall and not getting out of bed for the first three months for fear of losing another baby.  It is so devastating and I didn't find the medical profession at all sympathetic.

I never have had the exploratory and have sucessfully now given birth to our third child last year, we are now trying for our fourth (we must need our brains testing!!!) to complete our family.

Please do not give up hope, and if you at all worried and deep down feel there is something wrong, book in to see your doctor and ask for an exploratory.

Good luck and hope all goes well

xxx
Thank you so much for your story it gives me hope. We to want to have four children but i think my husband will take a little convinceing next time. Both of my miscarriages i bled really bad and had lots of clotting so i ended up having a D&C both times i think it really scared him. But i just feel like there's still a few more babies in there and i just have to keep faith that next time we will have a beautiful baby after 9 months.

Thanks Carla keep in touch.
hi,
I too want to say sorry for you losses....i know exactly how you u feel. I have 3 beautiful kids. Last dec. i had a miscarriage at 12 weeks followed by a d&c, then in March of this year had another miscarriage. It was a very devastating time for me, i spent alot of the time angry but then i started to heal. I found out that i got pregnant 2 weeks after my last miscarriage and i am noy 18 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Everything has went great, the only thing is i had to be put on Prog. suppl. as soon as i got pregnant again and was on them till i reached 12 weeks. I can even feel him or her move and it is awesome. So to answer you question....yes it is possible and happens all the time. I want to wish you the best and i will be thinking of you. Please know you are not alone and i would like to be updated on you story as i feel all of us on here would. Best of luck to you.
Tiffany
I am so sorry for your loss and you are not alone.  I had my DD in 1998 and in 2003 had a m/c and 3 months later got pg again and held onto this one.  I have a wonderful one year old little boy and my 7 yr old little girl and I am done (hopefully - all depends on what God has planned for me LOL) You have 2 already so it means you CAN get pg and that is a good thing.  I don't know why you would have 2 losses after having 2 babies already but if you get pg again they should really watch you closely.  It may have just been a fluke thing.  I feel everything happens for a reason and maybe God had different plans for you at the time.  It'll happen when the time is just right.  Hang in there and the best of luck to you.
I am very sorry for your loss. But to comfort you, I also had one healthy pregnancy and delivery she is now 7. After her I had 2 miscarriages. I got pregnant only like 2 months after the last miscarriage and he is now 4 almost 5 and then had another one who is 3 almost 4!! So yes it can happen!! And I will pray for you!! God bless!
Hi. I'm sorry you had to go through this. BUT! Someone I know had a son, then 2 miscarriages in one year, then had a healthy daughter. I have read that when we ovulate we sometimes kick out "bad eggs" and they are rejected by our body. Then you get a good one and all is well. This is oversimplified, but I hope it helps. Good luck to you.

April
I have had 2 m/c not in the same year though. DH and I have not used protection for many years (7 or a little more), I gota BFP about 2 years ago in the summer and had a m/c about 8-10 weeks in then last Sept. got another BFP and was already almost 2 months because I really didn't know what was going on and NEVER thought my symptoms were due to a BABY ! My Baby Boy died in utero at 18.4 weeks but We didn't find out until our scheduled u/s at alomst 21 weeks... that was Dec.22 Marry Christmas to Me. I was crushed and didn't really want to try again at all. DH kept asking and asking me to TTC again so in March ( His BDay month I said that he can try again but I want nothing to do with it. I got him my most fertile days wrote them down and said "It's all up to you". I truly made myself forget the days cause I really was afraid of trying. Well when I didn't get my friend when I supposed to I waited about 2 weeks till I couldn't wait anymore and got another BFP and cried. Wel we are currently 29 weeks along with a healthy baby boy ( as the doc. keeps asuringme). So maybe it realy does have something to do with just relaxing and enjoying the moment. Good luck.
I too had two miscarriages in one year. One in 9/04 and 9/05 and I know what you are going through. I am now going through the process of blood work and a test called (sis) to check out things to make sure that nothing is physically wrong before trying again. My doctor told me that it's probably just bad luck and she see this happen to alot of women who go on to have normal deliveries after miscarriages. So keep your faith up because I sure am and I wish you much luck. I would like to know from the person who responded to your question by the name
pmom" how did your doctor find out you needed prog supp. I questioned my doctor if I needed a prog. supp my next pregnancy.
They do a blood test.  As soon as you find out your pregnant, request a blood test to find out your progesterone levels.  With my son, I started out at 5 which is terrible.  Fortunately I was able to carry him to term.  So there is hope if yours is low.

I too have had two miscarriages in the last year.  I just had a d&c on Sept 2nd.  I though I was 13 weeks, the babies heart quit at 11 wks 4 days.  The one previous to that was a twins, one being a partial molar.  They did genetics and blood tests and everything was "ok" so we have the clear to proceed.  My husband and I are still debating if we want to go through this again.  We have two healthy children, 3 and 7.  We're giving it time.

Good luck to you,

Heather
I had 2 miscarriage sin a row last year, and it was SO confusing and scary because I have a healthy 2 year old and a healthy 3 year old. What went wrong? However, I became pregnant 2 weeks after my last miscarriage and am now 4 weeks away from giving birth. Good luck!
I had a MC in Feb 04, another one in May 04 and a healthy baby girl born April 27th 2005....Good luck, keep your head up!!
Sorry to hear of your miscarriages.  It is never easy - we all know here and that is why we support eachother so much.  For me, I had three healthy babies and then a miscarriage in Feb 05 and a chemical in May 05, only to go on and be 15 weeks currently with my fourth child (all seems well).  All I can say is try not to worry to much, you really have no control over the situation.  It is in God's hands and he has a plan for you as he did me.  I know it can be frustrating, but if you let it go you may be pleasantly surprised with the results.  You will continue to morn the loss of what could have been, I think of the baby I lost in Feb and wonder what life would have been like, but then reality sets in and I know God will not give me more than I can handle and at that time it was not right for us.  I too thought, I would not have anymore and had set myself a deadline to continue or not continue to ttc (Dec 05) and here we are.  I wish you well and hope that your dreams of having four children come true, but if they don't remember there is a reason.  Take Care, lots of baby dust and hugs!!!
i had a normal healthy girl when i was 18 yrs old i am now 23 and i have lost 4 in a row all last year 2 m/c and two had mks and were dying.
i know how you must feel i've done it once why is there suddenly a problem. I was told m/c happen in 1in5 and i was just really unlucky and mks happens 1 in 4 so again i was really unlucky.
The trick is to as i have now had to is to shut your feeling off from any possible preggy thoughts, the more you think about it the more you worry and the greater the chance of a m/c
My cousin had 1 norm 6 m/c and another norm.
i wish i could help you more just try to think positive you can get preggy the next steps keeping it going:) i wish you all the luck in the world with future pg's.
Hi Carla,

The same thing happened to me. After 2 beautiful girls and healthy pregnancies, I had 2 miscarriages in a row. So, i waited 3 months while taking materna and i bought the maybe baby microscope (tells when you are ovulating).So, my husband and i only had sex on the days i was ovulating, and it worked, got pregnant and had my son 9 months later. Good luck!
Hi there.  I have a healthy 16 month old son.  I had a normal, healthy and easy pregnancy.  I was on cloud nine because everything went so well.  I got pregnant on our first try too.  When he turned 1 in June, we started trying again.  I took a million pregnancy tests, all negative, and just thought I would be like everyone else and not get pg on the first try again.  I got my period the day I should have and moved on.  1 week later, I started bleeding again w/heavy cramping.  Called the doc, took a pg test and it was positive.  I was miscarrying.  We tried the next month and nothing.  Tried the second month and success.  I took the test the day I should have gotten my period and was negative.  3 days later and still nothing so took another pg test only for it to turn up positive.  Cautious, but excited, I went the next day for my blood levels.  2 days after positve test, I started bleeding again.  I go back to the doc in 2 weeks, I guess to discuss our next step.  I'm confused as to why this would happen.  I'm concerned that it's chromosomal factors and not an easier fix like progesterone, chlomid or baby aspirin.  I left a message today to see if I should be doing chromosomal testing while I'm waiting to go back to the doc.  I'm nervous, nervous, nervous because I feel we waited too long to start trying.  I turn 34 in 2 weeks and really hope that I'm able to have a healthy baby girl before I turn 35.  My chances go way down after 35 plus the fact that I had 2 consecutive miscarriages.  I'm happy to read all the happy ending stories, but am still worrying like crazy.  I'm just happy I have my son, the love of my life, to fall back on during this trying time.
im having a mc now this is my 4th as i had 1 at 16 then 17 then 19 im 22 now n dont think i will ever have a baby doc told me start trying again but it will happen again
tracey
i had a miscarriage in march 07 at 4 weeks and just had another miscarriage.  this one the doc called a chemical pregnancy.  meaning i was only 1-2 weeks pregnant.  i have a 4 year old already.
the doc keeps saying im fine, just try again.  said if i want to start taking tests to see if somethings wrong, i could.  im so scared i'll miscarry again.  
hi i had a miscarriage in aug this year at five weeks pregnant then discovered last week i was pregnant again to my horror though i started bleeding again yesterday so am fearing the worst, i ve already got three boys to a previus marriage so this will be my new partners first i feel so bad for him does anyone no the reasons for this happening im scared to try again after this.
I have 5 beautiful blessings.  4 boys & 1 princess!  My husband & I found out last year in September of 2007 that we were expecting another blessing, but unfortunately miscarried.  I was very sad, but thought to myself that there are tons of other couples who are trying to just have "1" & I should be "GRATEFUL" for the wonderful children that we have already.  So I moved on w/tons of positive thoughts & we were expecting again....found out on the 22nd. of Decmeber.  We were thrilled, but miscarried yesterday Jan. 22nd. & I thought we would be devastated, but I have a lot of Faith & Hope that everything is going to be alright.  We are going to try again.  Is there anyone who comes close to our situation that could share their story on this board?  Our children's ages -1st. son-7 yrs. old, 2nd son-4yrs. old, 3rd. son-3 yrs. old, 4th. child-only girl-1 yr. old, 5th. child-4th. boy-8 months old!
I am sorry to hear of everyone's losses.  I have two beautiful children almost 7 years apart.  perfect pregnancies.  From Jan. 2005 - Jan.2006 I had 3 m/c.  Got on birth control, thought we'd wait awhile.  Got pregnant again July 2007.  Thought everything was going to be fine.  Found out we were having a boy.  We were so excited.  Then, in Dec. I was 22.5 weeks pregnant and found out there was no fluid around our son.  He was born 1 week later and he lived for 2 hours.  Its been a devasting loss for us. I want to try again, unfortunately my husband does not.  He thinks we should be grateful for the 2 we have.  I do have a few blood disorders which could have caused all this.  They did test my placenta and it had chromosomal abnormalities.  I just turned 31.  Dr's don't think this would happen again, but of course we are skeptical.  best wishes to all.
I had a misscariage in Feb. 2007 which ended in a D&C. I was about 4 months I believe. Then I got pregnant again in June and misscaried in July 2007. Then in September 07 got pregnant again and now I am 5 months pregnant so far everything seems to be going well.
Hi.  I really appreciate all of the positive stories that people write.  Especially when a person is searching to find answers and if what they are going through is possibly "normal".  I recently had a natural miscarriage on Dec1-3, yes sometimes it takes a period of 2-3 days to expell everything and I was 11 weeks.  I knew that I was going to lose the baby at 8 weeks during the ultrasound.  I find myself searching for hope again as I am 8 weeks and the doctor hasn't found any signs that this is a viable pregnancy either.  It is making me sick.  I have had two healthy children ages 3 and 19months.  I just thought the odds were against us the second time.  My cousin has had 2 miscarriages and was put on clomid, and she recently had a healthy baby boy so I know that there is hope out there.  
sorry to hear all your loses i gave birth to a sexy lil man 7 months ago and on the 27th dec 07 found out i was pg again at 7 weeks i lost my baby i was heartbroken then i found out i had fell preg again after a week off losing the first baby i was exctied but scared and my fears came true at 7 weeks 11/03/08 i lost my baby i had a scan that morning and everything was fine their was a little blood but they said it was fine and at 2 clock that day the baby came out am so scared to even think of ever trying again ive still got a clot inside the hoping it will pass by its self i was meant to get married in sept 08 but we bought it forward because off me not being able to get in my dress but now their is no baby am so heartbroken
I'm sitting at my desk reading all of this and in tears. I have a healthy beautiful 5 year old daughter and I married recently in September and my husband has 2 children as well. We planned to immediately have our own baby and I stopped using the Nuvaring in October 2007. I got a positve pregnancy test December 24th 2007. I miscarried January 4; I was 6 weeks pregnant. I got another positive pregnancy test Valentines day and micarried March 28th 2008. Both pregnancies lasted  6 weeks and the second time around I actually started buying the baby clothes and mentally preparing the baby registry. My Ob suggested we get genetics counseling because we have both had healthy children previously, but I cant bring myself to do it. Still very heartbroken and I dont even want to talk about it..Today something told me to do an internet search and see if this is normal. I'm only 28 and I don't smoke or drink. I cant understand.... here I am sharing my story and praying for the strength to try it once again.
Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories, was beging to feel like I was the only one this was happening to.  I had my first miscarrige 8 yrs ago then went on to have a beautiful son who's almost 8. We had a miscarrige in Feb at 10wks and again in April at 8wks, Doc doesnt think theres a prob because I had a baby inbetween but I'm scared to try again but at the same time long for another baby, worried also that I'm 36 so age could be against me.  Good luck to everyone and thanks again for sharing your stories they have been a great help.x
I have 3 children to a previous marriage and now with my husband that doesnt have any children. I just recently had my 4 m/s ina a row. I have had test and nothing came up besides a little tear in my uterus doc said nothing to be concerned about. I never heard of taking aspirin. Doc never mentioned anything to me about meds. Should I start taking aspirin?
I have 2 girls, 7 and 4. After 2 years of pleading with my husband for a 3rd and last I got pregnant in February 08. I had a missed miscarriage in March I was 6 weeks 4 days. He assured me not to worry that we'd do it again and I do get preggo very quickly. We were pregnant again in May and I saw my little baby with no heart beat in July, I was 9 weeks. My doc has recommended blood tests that I am scheduled to do at the end of the month, but said it doesn't really matter if I do the tests because the 2 biggest causes are a blood clotting problem and low progesterone levels. He gave me a prescription for progesterone and told me to take a baby asprin everyday in case of a blood clotting probelm. Also he told me to take folic acid supplements in addition to a prenantal vitamen. Between all those he said I'm covered and I won't have any problems next time. Problem is hubbie doesn't want to do it again because of the economy, etc. But hopefully this info helps! Good luck! Oh I want one soooooo bad:)
Hi, I am at the moment really down, i have Three great children my younger son is now 3 years old but since i have had him i am having real bad luck.

I have  now had 4 miscarriages, the hospital isn't really supportive, in fact they can't believe i want a fourth!

I don't know what the best option is for me, i want a fourth but get so hurt, i really thought this baby was going to happen, what can i do???

H
Hi, Why is it nobody explains what a blow it is when you loose your baby? Nobody can understand unless they have been there I guess.
I have a beautiful daughter who's 7, from a previous relationship.  I desperatly want another with my current partner ( he has a much older daughter to previous relationship.)
I fell preg last April 08 after trying for 4 months.  We were overjoyed, but unfortunatly we last him/her at 5/6 weeks.  We have been trying since and I just found out I was pregnant only to be loosing again today, again at 5/6 weeks.  we are so totally, utterly deverstated and feel like it will never happen for us.  Nobody seems to understand the emotional pain that comes from a miscarriage.  I feel like I cant cope with it all sometimes but so want to have a child with my partner.
We have decided already that we will try again and hope that our Dr will carry out some tests to find out whats wrong.  I wish you ALL, all the luck in the world and myself too of course.

Laura
l know how u are all feeling l feel pregnant and had a heathy baby girl and then 2 months later l feel pregnant again l thought ok l got past 13weeks and said to my self the baby is fine l was happy l got clothers and all but then at 14weeks l started bleeding and had bad cramps l lost the baby l was upset and hurt l blamed my self for so long l had nightmires and all for 2months after awhile l feel pregnant again and l was sceard and l was not happy until l got the all clear it was my daughters 1st birthday and l was 8weeks pregnant with my 3 baby l was starting to think everything will be fine but 4days after my daughters birthday l lost the baby in the toilet l was hurt and saying why me l told my husband  that l dont want kids l was hurt but my  nana that died gave me a sign and told me to try again dont give up l tryed again and feel pregnant and l was sceard l got the all clear and now l am 28weeks pregnant with a heathy baby girl on the way so the point is dont give up it will happen u just have to be strong and do counseling it helped me and l am happy again but there is not a day that goes bye that l dont think of the 2babies l lost but l am getting there and more happy now
mandy
im new to this,im going in for my D&C tomorrow wed 8th july 2009 this will be my 3rd miscarriage in 2 years and my 2nd D&C i already have 3 sons who i luv dearly they are 19,13 and 3 but i feel so desparate for  4th and some people realy dnt understand i know there worried for me as its not just the physical but mental affects of losing a baby,but this is what i want,my husband doesnt know what to say or do he is just wanting me not to be hurting or crying so is scared of trying again i just wonder if i will carry full term

tracey paterson
scotland
I currently have a beautiful 3 1/2 year old son. My husband and I tried having our 2nd child  in November 2008. I became pregnant only to lose it in January. There was no heartbeat and I had to undergo and D/C. I then became pregnant for the 2nd time in May 2009. I got to 13 weeks and had a traumatic miscarriage at home and then had to go to the hospital for an D/C. I am waiting for my doctors to okay the next level of testing. It has taken a while for me to talk (especially write about it).

My  best friend is currently 6 months pregnant and we were planning to raise our little babies together. I also had to throw her baby shower 2 weeks later. It was a bitter-sweet moment. I lover her to death and only wanted her to have the best for her first.  I also have a close friend who was having pregnancy complications but was able to hold on to her pregnancy. It has been a difficult journey for me (and my husband) but I try my best to educate myself about miscarriages and to converse with my friends and family about my situation. This topic is so not discussed out in the open and I try my best to keep it from being "the family secret" in my world. I send blessings to everyone and keep you in my prayers.
I wanted to share my story. I have a lovely 4.5 year old little girl. My husband and I became pregnant in Feb of 09 and I lost the baby 4/09. I then became pregnant again in June of 09 and am in process of another miscarriage. I had an ultrasound yesterday she said there is a gestational sac but it doesn't look "normal" I have had some bleeding not really heavy and cramping. I just do not understand. I do remember being very ill with my daughter and with these last pregnancies barely any symptoms. I wonder if its my hormone levels? I asked the Dr yesterday and she says  I need to speak with a perinatologist sp? My heart hurts.....I am 29 years old and feel like maybe this is the end for me :(
It's been comforting to read everyone's stories and know there's hope. I have a 2 year old son and my pregnancy was healthy except he decided to come 4 weeks early but has been healthy since birth. My husband and I have had two miscarriages since. The hardest part is both my miscarriages were in my second trimester. First one at 16 weeks from placenta abruptio and our second one at 13 weeks. We are still waiting to hear why I miscarried with our last one. It was heartbreaking since my doctor even put me on prog. supplements and I'm only 24 and very healthy. I would like to try again soon but my husband wants to wait a few months. I can only hope someday I can come back on this blog and say I'm one of the Mom's who have gone on to have healthy pregnancies.
  I have a beautiful, happy, healthy 2.5 little boy.  My husband and I found out that we were pregnant in late Aug. 2009, after our first time trying for our second.  On Sept. 19 we lost the baby.  I was bleeding and cramping two days prior to my miscarriage.  I'm scared to try again, and am now scared that it seems a lot of people have had two miscarriages in a row.  I like to think positive, but really I'm terrified.  My doctor suggested on the day before my miscarriage that I may have a "lazy ovary" that isn't producing enough.  I was put on Prometrium to help support the pregnancy.  When we start trying again and I have a positive test she wants me to start this medicine immediatly.  Has anyone had any luck with this medicine.  I'm hoping that this is an easy fix and that my last pregnancy was too far gone for this medicine to help.  I also wanted to say that every one writing on this website are strong, determined woman!  It takes a lot to talk about traumatic experiences and no one is alone!
In 2007 I went to the doctor because I hadn't had my period for 5 months.  She did all kinds of tests and everything came out normal.  So she put me on Prometrium, I took 200 mg for 10 days.  I had all kinds of symptoms, irritability, tender breast, nausea.  Once my cycle didn’t my mom told me to go get a pregnancy test and sure enough it was positive!  I freaked out, what have I done taking these pills.  I don’t care that I’m not having a monthly cycle, I just want to know why!  So then I did research to find out that women whom have had multiple miscarriage will take a lower dose.  I had a healthy baby girl October 2007.  October 2008 I had a miscarriage, the baby measured 8 weeks.  April 2009 I had another traumatic miscarriage.  I saw a strong heart beat at 7 weeks and also the day I miscarried. I was 12 weeks, my water broke and I had my baby in my hands.  That image will never leave my mind.  I am very nervous and also very anxious to get pregnant again.  I think my daughter is here today due to the prometrium.  I have decided to change doctors because I’m obviously not having any luck with the current doctor and hope to use prometrium and have a healthy pregnancy.  I see this post started a few years ago, Carla, did you have another healthy pregnancy?  
Thank you ladies for all the posts... Your words, stories, sense of hope, and kindness keep me believing that one day my husband and I will have a healthy pregnancy.

To begin, I had my first miscarriage on Aug. 10, 2009- I was about 8 weeks pregnant with a blighted ovum.  Everyone told me, "Don't worry, this happens to many women during their first pregnancy.  Just keep trying and the next time it will work."  Unfortunately, it didn't.  We waited one cycle to begin trying again.  I was ecstatic to take a home pregnancy test to find that we were pregnant!  Two days later, I took another test and it read Not Pregnant.. later that night, i took another pregnancy test and it read Pregnant.  I was a bit confused and very nervous.  I called my Dr. for an apptment.  The day that i was to have blood work done I got my period.  This resulted in a chemical pregnancy.  So- two miscarriages in a row, and my husband and I are starting to feel a little disgruntled, hopeless, and confused.  My Dr. prescribed prometrium- we are hoping that this will help us to have a healthy pregnancy.  We shall see...  If not, then we will be going to a specialist for genetic testing and help.  I am 27 years old and never thought that getting pregnant was not this much of a challenge.  I remember as a teen being told that "it is soooooo easy to become pregnant, be careful." ... HA! It's like a mathematical equation with a pinch of miracle!  

So again, thanks for all your posts... And I hope that happiness, no matter what form it maybe, comes to ALL of you ... AND SOON :)
I am a mother of 2 beautiful girls. The oldest is 9 and my younger daughter is almost 3. We decided to have another baby last year.I had my first miscarriage on October 2009. After D&C & testing the remains the doctors gave me a go head to try again since they did not find anything abnormal except having a bad luck! I got pregnant again December 09 and I had my sonogram today @ 9 weeks just to find out this is also another bad pregnancy without any explanation of why this is happening I was sent home to schedule another D&C! I need an answer. After some research I have realized more women are going through this than ever! specially after having a few healthy pregnancy in the past! Is it something in the water? in the food we are eating? Have I done something to make this happen? I don't understand it when the doctors are telling me that my blood work has come back normal and my body has no virus and I can try again!!! Sorry I am just venting out cause I can't be screaming since my kids are around me and they can't see me going wacko... How can I get some answers? What tests should I ask for? Thank you for being the ears that I needed today.... sorry if I sound a bit hopeless it's just I am having a bad day after another bad news.
I know it's hard to lost a baby - but most of you should be happy that you have children already ... I am 21, I had my first miscarriage, a blighted ovum in march 08, very traumatic as i was 14 weeks along .... spent alot of time is hospital! Then my husband and i decided to try again and i ogt pregnant in september 2009 - i miscarried at 6 weeks, apparently it was a chemical pregnancy ... now heres me thinking that if i have a 3rd, i will have to undergo tests and so on ... i cannot go through all of that again! it is too emotionally hard and physically straining! I would love to just have my one child! that is all i ask - I see people who have 2 or more children and are sad they can't have more! be greatful with your beauitufl babies you have, coz i have nothing! I gave birth to a 14 week old baby and came home with nothing!! i would LOVE to hold my babies and cuddle them!
I know exactly how you feel -  read my post above :-) almost the same as what you have been through :-)My doctor has not prescribed us anything and just said it happens, and that We will get pregnant -  i hope it happens for you soon, good luck xxxx
hi im new to this,i have had 2 boys 10 +11yrs and in feb i fell preg and when i was 11weeks gone i had a m/c and had to have a d/c
3 mouth later i got preg again i was sooo happy and then i had a m/c again i was only about 4 weeks gone.
Now i have been trying every since and cant seem to get preg
iv had test done and it came back ok but its been 7mouth so y aint i getting preg im going mad,
my friend told me she was preg when i lose my first1 3 weeks after she is due very soon, i am very happy 4 her but p***ed of cause i would be 2 weeks apart from her what is wrong with me im trying everything
me and my b/f r doing it every day and it still dont work HELP!!!!!
I'm very offended by your comments. If you want to use that kind of logic one could say YOU shouldn't feel so bad because YOU don't know what you are missing since you have not one child. No person should feel less sad or be more "greatful" because they have one or two or no kids.

ALL women and ALL men go through the same kind of pain when losing a baby and no one person's situation should or should not feel any better or any worse for any reason whatsoever.

I know your pain is speaking. But I hope you realize that what you said hurt me and maybe other people. I have a 2 year old and just suffered two miscarriages in the last 5 months. The last one I almost died from the blood loss. I had a c section and am afraid that is the reason. Heck, I'm afraid for whatever the reason is.

I am sooo angry at those who don't want kids and have an "accident" and get pregant or those who smoke and do drugs or could care less about parenting and more about partying on friday night. But that is MY anger and MY issue NOT theirs. Same to you.

So please, support ALL people who lose babies, for it is not up to you to judge who should or should not be having babies or feeling bad for their loss :(
I am currently going thru the second miscarriage in the last 5 months. Both of the pregnancies ended around 7 weeks. I have 5 year old son from the previous marriage. I feel scared to be pregnant again. I was never prepared for this kind of loss. I was so happy when we found out that I got pregnant. Now I am looking into the future one with the fear in my heart.
I have a beautiful 2 yr old little girl who amazes me everyday, but I would really love a baby brother or sister for her. I had my first miscarriage in July 09 and then my second April 10. It is such a hard thing to come to terms with I just thought everything would be fine after having my daughter and was so shocked to find that it wasn't. The physical side you can get over its the emotional side that takes a lot longer to heal. We will definately try again and wont give up till our family feels complete, I think everyones stories are such a support for anyone going through this, wish you all lots of luck xx
I FEEL YOUR PAIN, I have a 9 year old son and was 9 weeks pregnant when I started to miscarry on Sat may 30th 2010. I am still in the process of the miscarriage. It's hard Ive had 3 one in 2005, 2007, and now. i am 29 y/o and am so rady for a 2nd child. I am sad, embarrassed, everything. I hope and pray I get pregnant soon again and this time it works. My son was so excited to have a sibling on the way, my husband was soooo happy. This would have been our 1st child 2gether. Wish me luck,pls ladies. You all will remain in my prayers.
I googled "2 miscarriages in a row" and this post popped up. I just did D&C and suffered a massive pain & cramps last night. This is my 2nd m/c in a row this year, In Jan I lost my first one it was 7 wks I didnt go surgery & let myself bleed to death as I blamed myself so much not take good care of the bb. Doc said i was just bad luck then so i decided to try again after 2 mths, it was fine initially i felt all the symptons n they were so strong so i thought this must be a healthy one so excited n also very careful about wat i ate n rest but still after 8 wks, when i went to do the u/s they told me there's no hb, GP said it doesnt sound very convincing so she referred me to the OB. OB saw me the day before yesterday and confirmed the bad news, so they sent me immediately to the O.R. yesterday.
Now i feel like the whole world's so grey although i still smile to my hsb and comfort him i m okay but deeply i felt so sore and lost my faith. I dont think i will have the courage to try again in short time but i will share if i have any new updates. wish you all good luck. i now wish i can trade my bbs life back with anything i own
hi my name is krystal and i'm 27 i had 4 successful pregnancies .i have 4 daughters 8, 6, 5, and 2.well i had 2 miscarriages after having my 4 healthy girls . one last yr in sept and one this yr in jan. i was so devastated that i didn't want to try anymore. so we stopped trying and then i found out i was pregnant. i'm 14 wks pregnant now and everything seems ok. so don't give up , it'll happen when it's ment to happen. and good luck.
Hi, I have a 2yr old boy and went through pregnancy fine but this January (2010) I had my first miscarriage and now again going through my second miscarriage (June 10).  I phoned the doctor to see if I can get referred to do some tests but told me I have to have three miscarraiges before anyone will see me.  I find this crazy, for a start it could take ages to get pregnant again plus I do not want to go through this again if it can be helped.  I need some hope we will be able to give my son a brother or sister.  You really don't expect it to happen to you, feel so empty and upset and sorry for my husband and son too.  I am soooo lucky though to have my healthy son which is what keeps me strong and gives me some hope.
I am going thru that experience right now. I have a 7 year old daughter but I`ve had 2 misscariages after her birth. I am very sad and scared that I will not be able to have a normal pregnancy. The doctors tested me for a lot of things ,apparently there is something off with my hormones which is not allowing my pregnancies to go full term. They have put me on some medicine to control my hormone level. Hopefully I will have a full term pregnancy next time around.
I just read your post about your doctor telling you that you need to have 3 mcs b4 they will test you. See another doc, I recently had a 2nd mc and have been referred to a specialist for testing. I felt like you and didn't want to try again until I had everything checked out. I know how you feel, it's so emotionally draining, have been crying reading everyone's stories. I have a healthy 2yr old who I fell pregnant with 1st try and so has been a rude shock  ttc for 18mths with 2 losses... my 38 b'day is coming up so I feel my time is running out.
I wish eveyone luck, stay strong in your mind and soul. Bless you all xx
Im just 24, and i never have a baby... i had 2 m/c dec. 28, 09 and july 17,2010. Same case, they supposed to be 8 weeks, but in ultrasound results showed only 6 weeks without heartbeat! i hate the fact every time im pregnant one of my cousin are also pregnant same weeks with me, but im the one always giving up. I'm scared trying it again, although everyone says we're both young ( my husband is 29). He really wants to have a baby as soon as possible, but im thinking to try to conceive after a year. But hope God will bless me a healthy baby without any complication until birth. Anybody here have the same story with me?
Hi MRIEKIE,

I just read your story, and it seems so similar to mine.  I have a healthy 3-year old daughter.  We have been trying to conceive since Feb of 2009.  I got pregnant in November 2009 and lost it at 11 weeks in January 2010.  Had a normal ultrasound at 6 and 7 weeks, but baby died and I had horrible loss of blood at home, was rushed to ER and had emergency D & C.  I then became pregnant in May 2010, but just found out baby died on Aug 19.  Had D & C yesterday.  I was almost 14 weeks, with two normal ultrasounds at 6 weeks and 10.5 weeks.  They are going to test this fetus to see what happened.  I too will be 38 in April and fear my time is up.  I am completely and utterly devastated, as I thought sure this one would be fine.  I am hoping they will send me to a specialist after just two miscarriages and not wait until 3!  Let me know what is happening with you.  Good luck to you!
Hello ladies,
I am sorry for losses and previous losses and my prayers are with you guys. I have the most Beautiful and intelligent little 3 year old you could ever lay eyes on 3 years ago.In this past March I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks expelled naturally  and DH and I waited until 3 menstrual cycles to try again. So we finally fell pregnant and this time I thought everything was fine I'm suppose to be nine weeks but at the ultrasound there was no heartbeat and the sac was measuring at 5 weeks which means that's when we lost our baby.I had morning sickness and sore boobs and cant understand this. I go for a d&c tommorrow but I want to try again soon and I am devasted. What could be going wrong and idea's please..........
Hello All,
I can totally relate.  I have a 7yr old and 2 yr old that were conceived first try. I was 30 and 35 yrs old.  Now we are trying for a 3rd.  I had a miscarriage in May 2010, with a 9 1/2 week with no heart beat had a D/C,  and again in September, being 4 weeks pregnant, spontaneously started to bleed.   Just went to OB today and she said that 2 miscarrages is "normal" or expected statistically for a 37 year old and our body recognizes when DNA isn't correct, it is a good thing.  However she suggested that the baby aspirin for the Anti Cardiolipin isn't needed because that is usually a miscarriage later on in the trimesters.  I asked about progesterone and she said that I had  2 healthy babies and that my progesterone just wouldn't change, even if I was pre menopausal.  Although I am reading above that that may not be the case.  She did give me hope in saying that a 3rd time is statistically impossible, but again reading above doesnt seem like that is true either.  I have a friend saying go right to specialist. Also she suggested waiting one cycle before getting pregnant  to let the hormones return to normal..  Does anyone think that the ladies above that got pregnant right away and miscarried again, that this could have been an issue?   Any ideas or comments?
So have hope ladies, for those of us older and with 2 m/c under our belt, I truly believe that it is possible. However I am taking a baby aspirin once a day and she is doing an endometrial biopsy to see if I am low in progesterone, it is done 10 days after the day you ovulated and they time it back from when you get your period.  Really easy.

My story is like the rest, but wondering what happened when someone finally went to specialist.  Did they find anything out, or were the regular OB/GYN right that 2 is normal... for a 37 year old.
I just had my second miscarriage in a row and had a D and C on Friday. Have two girls, ages 4 and 2.5, with totally easy pregnancies. First MC took me totally by surprise but this time I guess i was a little more pessimistic and therefore was somewhat expecting things to go wrong (not that it wasn't upsetting though!!) My husband and I are wondering what to do next-I am almost 34 and hoping to have at least one more child. In the meantime trying to be grateful for the two beautiful ones we already have! Should we do testing, how long to wait, etc?
I am in same boat but older.  I went to my regular OB 2 weeks ago and said that this is normal for older woman to have 2 miscarriages, 3 probably not so.  She did no testing and i didn't want to waste any more time or emotions.  I went to specialist and so glad I did.  She gave me tons of explanations, and answers to all my questions.  Did tons of testing, and didn't get all results yet, but says I probably just have more bad eggs because of being older and that one gets picked to be developed and gets fertilized and therefore miscarriage.  She can boost my odds with different things, one  being taking FSH and having 3 eggs mature instead of 1.  The chance that all 3 are bad is slim.  She also looked at how many eggs in each ovary are there which I found out is one important fact.  I had 10 and 5 and therefore ok.  I could also do IUI or just me and my hubby at home, but she said that having the iui brings my odds back to 20% chance like normal.  We don't have any problem conceiveing, just the miscarriage. So if I can get a good egg, we are in.  I hope this helps, sounds like your situation is like mine.  35 years old, your chances get worse and at 38 also, so don't waste time if you want another, go to fertility specialist now.  Keep me posted
I am 26 years old and I have a healthy little girl who turned two in August. My pregnancy with her was such a blessing- perfect in every way with no difficulties. We started TTC in May 2010 and found out I was pregnant on July 28th, 2010. On August 20th I began spotting after straining with a bowel movement (sorry for TMI). I was told by my Dr. it was probably just from the straining. On August 30th we had an ultrasound and there was no heartbeat. I miscarried naturally on September 3rd.
I just found out I'm pregnant again on October 29th but began spotting again after a bowel movement on Novemeber 1st. I had two HCG levels drawn and the Dr. confirmed that although my HCG levels are rising, they aren't rising nearly as fast as they should and that miscarriage is inevitable. So now I'm just waiting...again....for my body to react and to expel everything.
I'm so heartbroken and I feel like I can't handle this devastation again. It doesn't help that I'm surrounded by women who are pregnant, most of whom are on their second or third healthy pregnancy with no miscarriages. Not that I would ever wish a miscarriage on anyone but I'm just wondering what we did to deserve this. I feel so alone.
I feel guilty that there is going to be such a large age difference between our children than we had planned. I always pictured our kids waking up together on Christmas morning and being excited together, playing together, and being close.
I'm just so heartbroken and confused. If anyone can relate or wants to chat, feel free to email me at ***@****
Thanks for listening,
Megan
Hi Meganbaw84, I too am 26 and my son turned 2 yrs this July! I miscarried Dec 09, June 10, and again few days ago. Of all the pain and disappointment im going throught the worst one is the thought of my chikdren's age gap!! Because I too wanted them to be best of buddies!! I havent had any tests, nothing at all. They ll do it all now that ive lost the 3rd baby..

I keep reminding my self "Submission to God's will is the best companion''.

I wish you many happy babies :) XX
fatmad
Hey everyone.  It is so upsetting to hear all the problems people are having with pregnancies. I myself had an ectopic pregnancy 2 years ago where they removed my left fallopian tube, now in Oct 2010 my husband and i started to try again but miscarried at 2 weeks, so very early, i then managed to get pregnant again in dec 2010 after waiting one month for my cycle to get back to normal so i could tell what date i would get pregnant, but am now miscarrying as i write this at 5 and a half weeks.  Im feeling very sad as we both want children, my husband has a 19 yr old daughter from a previous relationship.  Im now wanting to get pregnant again which doesnt seem to be the problem so far but am scared to miscarry again, ive been told they will only start testing after 3 miscarriages but have made an appointment with the dr for next week to ask if anything can be done, scared to miscarry and scared to have another ectopic and lose another tube so ivf would be a must...............
ladies its such a comfort reading all your comments. i had a miscarriage on my first and 2nd pregnancy and then my son who is now 10 was a normal pregnancy and birth and i feel pregnant straight away with my daughter now 9. i found out at xmas i was expecting my 3rd child but sadly miscarried again last week at 10 weeks so so gutted am nearly 37 years old and now have this overpowering feeling of wanting to complete my family with another child, but been told that even thou i have had a total of 3 miscarriages that the chances of a sucessful pregnancy is back to 1-in 4 is this true or am i now high risk due to my age, thanks
i am currently in the same situation as you. Had a miscarriage Aug10 when i was 11 weeks along. Thought the scan showed that the baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. Found out in Jane that i was pregnant again to lose it at 6 weeks again. Dr told me the same that they won't do anything till u have had 3. How awful and wrong is that? I think having 2 in a row should be enough for u to go through without them telling u u have to have another before they do anything.I have 3 Healthy children aged 20,18 and 8 and these are my first miscarriages.
I want to start by thanking everyone who has posted a comment.  I am 31 and have a healthy 2 year old son.  I got pregnant with my second child in September only to miscarry in October.  I got pregnant with my third in January to again miscarry in February.  My OB doctor is sending me to a reproductive specialist and she sent me for blood work which I had today.  I'm looking for success stories.   I too wonder how I could have a healthy, easy pregnancy and then go on to have two miscarriages in a row.  I'm almost hoping they find something with the blood work.  I would hate to have them say it's "nothing, keep trying" and we'll keep our fingers crossed.  Best of luck to everyone out there!
I had two miscarriages and now 10 weeks pregnant now and I am scared to death of having another miscarriage
I had two normal, wonderful pregnancies and deliveries. I miscarried March '10 and had a D&C at 10 weeks, believing I lost the baby at 8 weeks. I was devastated beyond words. We have been trying ever since. On clomid, I got a + result on Feb. 27th. Nervous, I called my DR and asked if I could come in early for testing. At 5 weeks and 3 days, my pregnancy hormone level was 805 Tuesday, and Thursday it only jumped to 926. (I was told this number should double) They asked I come back in for more blood work Monday to see where the level is, and an ultrasound on Tuesday. My Prest. level was 14 and they said that was fine. I am scared to death. I am praying non stop. I do not want to go through what I did last year. They told me 10% of womens PG hormone levels do not rise normally. I hope I am in that 10% and everything will go well next week. I am 35 yrs old. Any advice?
I had 4 full-term pregnancies in a row.  The kids are now almost 11, 9, 5 and 3.  I am 41.  I have just had 2 miscarriages in a row, almost exactly 6 months apart.  I would really like to have at least one more but am afraid since the first miscarriage took me totally by surprise when I went into the first ultrasound believing that I was almost done with my first trimester, and out of the woods with no complications, just to discover that the baby had no heartbeat.  After some time, I accepted that I was statistically due for a miscarriage and got pregnant again after 2 months of trying.  This time the pregnancy symptoms were the worst that they had ever been, but that didn't end up meaning much.  I had a tiny bit of spotting last week so they did an ultrasound, I was believed to be 9 or 10 weeks, and discovered a blighted ovum with a gestational sac of 5-6 weeks. They supplemented my progesterone in both of the pregnancies that resulted in miscarriage but had never needed that before. Has anyone else had a similar experience and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? Is so, did you make any changes or do anything different that resulted in your future success?
hi,im 28 yrs old and have 2 sons,ones 9yrs old and the other is 4 yrs old,both pregnancies and labours were fine.i had my 1st miscarriage in dec 09,i was 13-14 wks but the scan showed the baby was only the size of a 5wk old baby,my second m/c i got to 6 wks in may 10,my third i got to 6wks in jan 11 and i found out i was 4 wks pregnant last friday and im miscarrying right now.my doctor is referring me for an ultrasound and an internal scan,im absolutely heartbroken and terrified.iv read lots of post about women who have children than have had 2 m/c then gone on to have a beautiful baby,but iv had 4 now,my dr is fantastic,i trust him with my life,but i dont feel that i fully understand what was said to me,if im honest i cant take anything in right now,and non of what im writing probably makes any sense,i just want to know if anybody else has had as many m/c as me and gone on to have a baby,or if they know anyone.congratulations to all who successfully went full term and had beautiful babys and to all who are miscarrying and still trying,your in my thoughts and prayers and i wish us all the very best of luck xx
Thank you for sharing your stories. I'm sorry anyone else has had to go through this kind of pain.  I'm 41 having married for the 1st time at age 40.  I'd never been pregnant before but had raised my sisters teenager from age 15-19.  3 months after getting married (December 2009)I was pregnant and shocked to learn my pregnancy was ectopic.  I kept my tube but learned after that it was totally blocked. In October 2010, I found out I was again pregnant at that it was NOT ectopic but there was no heartbeat and I miscarried at 6 weeks (just 2 weeks after my mother's memorial service).  I never dreamed I would get pregnant again so soon but after once cycle I was pregnant again (December 2010) - it had taken 9 months between preg. #1 and #2.  I was so fearful of miscarriage and ectopic and Praised God for every queazy day but unfortunately I went for a checkup at 18 weeks and found my baby had died sometime between 15 and 16 weeks. I'm devastated as is my husband. I delivered the baby in the maternity ward and came home empty.  It is so confusing.  Part of me wants to try again but my husband doesn't want to go through this again.  I'll be 42 in September....it's hard to watch your dreams of a family just get washed out to sea.  
Thank you for sharing your stories.http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Maternal--Child/Anyone-have-two-miscarriages-in-a-row-after-healthy-pregnancies/show/160982# I'm sorry anyone else has had to go through this kind of pain.  I'm 41 having married for the 1st time at age 40.  I'd never been pregnant before but had raised my sisters teenager from age 15-19.  3 months after getting married (December 2009)I was pregnant and shocked to learn my pregnancy was ectopic.  I kept my tube but learned after that it was totally blocked. In October 2010, I found out I was again pregnant at that it was NOT ectopic but there was no heartbeat and I miscarried at 6 weeks (just 2 weeks after my mother's memorial service).  I never dreamed I would get pregnant again so soon but after once cycle I was pregnant again (December 2010) - it had taken 9 months between preg. #1 and #2.  I was so fearful of miscarriage and ectopic and Praised God for every queazy day but unfortunately I went for a checkup at 18 weeks and found my baby had died sometime between 15 and 16 weeks. I'm devastated as is my husband. I delivered the baby in the maternity ward and came home empty.  It is so confusing.  Part of me wants to try again but my husband doesn't want to go through this again.  I'll be 42 in September....it's hard to watch your dreams of a family just get washed out to sea.  
I casually knew a woman at church who had 5 miscarriages and then delivered a healthy baby boy. I imagine she was in her mid-late 30s by the time she had her son. Not sure if they had any intervention but I hope that can be a little encouraging. I know it is so scary and overwhelming (1 ectopic, 2 miscarriages -- 1 at 16 weeks all in one year).  We want answers but none come.  It's painful and feels like no one else in the world has been there but some of us have. Well not 4 - I know that feels so unfair...but I'm 3 out of 3 with my pregnancies being unsuccessful.  Bless you.
I have had 3 children when i found out that I was pregnant for a fourth time, I was over joyed, though it was a surprise it was a welcome one. I had always planned on having 4. I found out that the baby didnt make it when I went in for an u/s at 12 weeks, my baby had only made it to 9 weeks. I didnt think that I would ever get over the loss. That was April of 2007.  Four years later almost to the day I lost another, just this passed april of 2011. Doctors dont have any answers for me.. just bad luck, it happens...
I really have appreciated all the stories that I have read here and hope that the next time is the right time.
Hi you all just wanted to join after reading about what most of u guys went thru. I am almost 35 and now having my 2nd miscarriage just yesterday it started i really wanted this child my first is 10 and i lost the 2nd pregnancy in 08 and now this one is gone again i am so feelig down and feel like i am not able to catty a viable pregnancy the  doc. says i need to loose weight and try to bring down my testosterone level and the try again . has anyone known this to to a fact of why we are loosing babies? my husband is very disappointed but what can i do? can anyone tell me if taking fertil aid pills will haelp me along with loosing weight ? i am weighing about 195 plzzzzzzzzz help i need some encouragement
hi all, so sorry to hear about all your loss i also had two m/c's in a row! back in 2008 i had my beautiful girl waited to 2011 to ttc again fell preggo in feb then mc in march was a empty sac. fell again preggo in april did a ultrasound found no heart beat ended up mc at 12w.. miscarrying is very hard its never easy and i hate it when people who havent been threw it try to give me advice. but all i can tell u all is not to give up hope! i want a sibling for my dd and i will not give up all you can do is pray to god it will happen and try to get your mind about preganacy (pregnancy) off it!! so hard but try too.. i mc and my sis in law tells me the next day shes 4w pregoo very happy for her and my brother just praying will all have our next healthy pregnancy/baby soon good luck to you all! x0x0x
hi i have 3 healthy children. my daughter is now 6 and my sons are 4 and almost 2 in december.  My husband and i were trying for our fourth child and had a miscarriage in april and just had another miscarriage the first week of october at 9 weeks and 3days.I had to have a d&c done. my doctor said that he knows i can have children since i have had 3 already and that my uterus looks fine i just dont understand y this has happened i would like to try again but am very scared that i will have another miscarriage. i try to have hope and faith that everything will turn out ok but im just scared.
I am 35 and fell pregnant with No. 1 in December 2010 2nd cycle. Unfortunately at 9 week scan baby had no heartbeat and had to have a D&C. Was advised to wait 2 cycles to try again, well my first AF didn't arrive until 9 weeks later! Took 4 cycles to become pregnant again in September 2011 and unfortunately that also ended at 8 weeks as it was ectopic. Had to have a laparoscopy and D&C. I will start trying again after 1 AF this time. Will do the SMEP plan and this is what worked for us last time. I just want a baby!
I have 2 little girls, ages 5 1/2 and 19 months. Oct 2010 we found out we were pregnant, and had a miscarriage in Dec 2010 at 11 weeks, but baby only measured 7.5 weeks. The baby died 2 days after we saw the heartbeat. We got pregnant again Sept 2010 and a week after we found out, we had a miscarriage at about 6 weeks. We just found out today that we are pregnant again and i'm scared to death. I'm praying every thing goes good this time. I really have confidence that it will since i've had 2 normal pregnancies and deliveries.
Your story give me inspiration to try again.I am 40 years old.Within the last year,I had 2 m/c.The first m/c I was 7 weeks,and the second m/c ,I was 18 weeks.My baby boy.(smile).After having 9 healthy,full term babies ages 20 years-1 year.I could not understand why I can not hold a baby to full term.The doctors explained that it was not nothing I did,but with age you have a high chance of having a m/c.I know God is in control of everthing.There is many women having babies later in life.
I understand how you feel and what you are going through.I had 2 m/c in a row.I just has a m/c on September 29,2011 and January 2011.My other kids ages 20,19,18,10,8,,6,5,4,1.I feel sad and like a failure to have lost my other babies.
How is everthing?Have you tried to have another baby?
I understand how you feel.I"m 40 years old.I had 2 m/c within the past year.I was trying to have my last baby before I turn 40 yrs old,however.I did not work out how I planned.My dream was to have 10 kids before age 40.I have 9.I feel like I should not had tried to reach my dream.
Thought I would post an update to my situation.  Well I did try again and the result was the same, another blighted ovum this past December. So now I am at 4 healthy pregnancies in a row, followed by 3 marriages in a row.  When I spoke with my OB after the ultrasound that showed the second blighted ovum she and I already started to discuss additional testing and specialists.  She has brought that up after the second miscarriage but I was not ready to go there then.  I she did refer me to a local specialist, who I made an appointment with before I even had the D & C (12/16).  My first consultation with the specialist is tomorrow.  My OB also had the tissue from the D & C sent out for testing.  I am also still waiting for the results of that testing.  It was at her recommendation, as well as my desire, that I am proceeding with a specialist.  She confessed that she had tried all that she could come up with to provide me with a better outcome and that she had nothing more and that she felt it if I wanted to continue to try that I needed the help of a specialist to determine if more could/should be done than just chalking it up to bad luck.  Finally, she did order additional blood work for me last week to test my glucose/insulin levels over the past three months.  I have gained some weight and deceased my level of exercise since my last successful pregnancy.  I had gestational diabetes in the last 3 of 4 successful pregnancies, with it starting sooner and being more difficult to control in each subsequent pregnancy. This may also be a cause of the fetal demise and blighted ovums.  I will update again after I meet with the specialist.
Well meeting with the specialist was a huge waste of time and money.  Apparently since everything about me is normal, and as it should be to have a baby, except that I just turned 42 a month ago, all he could tell me was that with my history the only likely issue is my age and old eggs that no longer work, as I don't seem to be having any trouble getting pregnant.  His advise was that I should really just think long and hard about whether I want to continue to go through this heartbreak, like I haven't done that already?  He did say that he could run some blood work if I wanted, although he doesn't expect that it will show anything since I had 4 successful pregnancies before the 3 miscarriages, but that antibodies can change over time.  I may have the blood work done, just to be sure before I try to conceive again.  Anyone out there in their early 40s that has been through this or is going through a similar situation now that came help provide some direction or inspiration?
I also have had 5 health children and last year m/c in april (7weeks) and Dec (6weeks)
We would like to try again but afraid to do it.  I had my kids later in life (i will be 40 this year)
I guess I should thank God that he gave me 5 healthy ones already, but my son prays every night for a little brother (he has 4 sisters).
I had a miscarriage in June of 2011 and then gave birth to a healthy little boy in June of 2012. I just had another miscarriage yesterday and am devastated! I really want at least 2 more babies. Has this pattern happened to anyone else? It's so sad to lose a pregnancy, even if it's early on. I get so upset thinking about all of the people that have babies and don't have to struggle through the sorrow of miscarriages.
HI sadie sorry to hear your news not fun are they, I have never had a d & c with mine either and i have had two miscarriages in twelve months am 44 and going for it one more time. My period is late today and i have fingers crossed for third time lucky or third time out! I have a beautiful son 7 and would love a sibling for him. Yes very sad I did not know it was so common. I think maybe stress yes plays a big role as does age and weight and maybe a million other factors lol Hope you can stay positive as I have and am scared this time if I am again I will definately be putting up my feet and not moving furniture around or carrying heavy items like I have done in the past as I feel you never know this may have contributed. Wish you all the best and anyone else trying. make sure you take the folate I have definately been doing for many months.
I have 3 live children 12, 11, and 7 yrs old. I had Mireana IUD birthcontol for 5 years and had it removed in March of 2013. In April 2013 I had a positive home preg test and by the begining of May, I had miscarried (around 5-6 weeks) and my HCG level was back down to 2 by May 13. Then in June of 2013 I had another positive home pregnancy test and this preg lasted until 3 months. I had a good ultra sound scan and heard a strong heart beat at 170.  On 8/22 I had slight bleeding, major cramping, and some back pain. I went into labor and the e.r. right away and had to have an emergency D&C. This was 2 days ago. The doctor said the placenta was big and my uterus was good. But the baby just Stopped growin around 9 weeks. The fetal tissues is being tested, He tested me for a lupus antigen. I went to my reg Dr. yesterday and had lots of blood tests ran and Xrays ran just for my sanity. I get the results back in two weeks, which seems like forever. So I am wondering why I could have 3 healthy children and be unable to sustain a pregnancy now. I am so devistated. Should ever we try again? You ladies understand the pain. All of my children have the same father, if that makes a difference(as far a genetics)  Please help. I desperately want to try again and so does he BUT I am terrified. And anyone have suggestions on how long to wait after a D&C ? Our OBGYN thinks itvan unfortunate coincidence even though he an tests.
Sorry to hear you are going through this but it soulds like me. Healthy babies and then nothing. Good luck in the future. I wish you the very best.