MATERNAL & CHILD
COMMUNITY
Anyone have two miscarriages in a row after healthy pregnancies
by Carla29, Oct 11, 2005
I've recently had my second miscarriage in a year after having two healthy pregnancies my oldest son is 6 and my youngest is 3 i had a miscarriage in nov 2004 and oct 2005. has anyone else had this happen and gone on to have more successful pregnancies. Please respond i need some hope i'm very discouraged.

Thanks Carla
Member Comments (87)
by babymaking, Oct 11, 2005
Hi Carla

I am sorry to hear about your miscarriages.  I had 4 miscarriages after the birth of my first son who was born in 96.  My last miscarriage was in February 2000.  The doctor booked me in to have an exploratory.  However just to give you some hope by the time the appointment came round that June I had fallen pregnant in the May and gave birth to our lovely daughter the following year.  At that time I found out I was pregnant again though, I did feel like doing a handstand against the wall and not getting out of bed for the first three months for fear of losing another baby.  It is so devastating and I didn't find the medical profession at all sympathetic.

I never have had the exploratory and have sucessfully now given birth to our third child last year, we are now trying for our fourth (we must need our brains testing!!!) to complete our family.

Please do not give up hope, and if you at all worried and deep down feel there is something wrong, book in to see your doctor and ask for an exploratory.

Good luck and hope all goes well

xxx
by Carla29, Oct 11, 2005
Thank you so much for your story it gives me hope. We to want to have four children but i think my husband will take a little convinceing next time. Both of my miscarriages i bled really bad and had lots of clotting so i ended up having a D&C both times i think it really scared him. But i just feel like there's still a few more babies in there and i just have to keep faith that next time we will have a beautiful baby after 9 months.

Thanks Carla keep in touch.
by pmom, Oct 11, 2005
hi,
I too want to say sorry for you losses....i know exactly how you u feel. I have 3 beautiful kids. Last dec. i had a miscarriage at 12 weeks followed by a d&c, then in March of this year had another miscarriage. It was a very devastating time for me, i spent alot of the time angry but then i started to heal. I found out that i got pregnant 2 weeks after my last miscarriage and i am noy 18 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Everything has went great, the only thing is i had to be put on Prog. suppl. as soon as i got pregnant again and was on them till i reached 12 weeks. I can even feel him or her move and it is awesome. So to answer you question....yes it is possible and happens all the time. I want to wish you the best and i will be thinking of you. Please know you are not alone and i would like to be updated on you story as i feel all of us on here would. Best of luck to you.
Tiffany
by blondie72, Oct 11, 2005
I am so sorry for your loss and you are not alone.  I had my DD in 1998 and in 2003 had a m/c and 3 months later got pg again and held onto this one.  I have a wonderful one year old little boy and my 7 yr old little girl and I am done (hopefully - all depends on what God has planned for me LOL) You have 2 already so it means you CAN get pg and that is a good thing.  I don't know why you would have 2 losses after having 2 babies already but if you get pg again they should really watch you closely.  It may have just been a fluke thing.  I feel everything happens for a reason and maybe God had different plans for you at the time.  It'll happen when the time is just right.  Hang in there and the best of luck to you.
by jgirl34, Oct 11, 2005
I am very sorry for your loss. But to comfort you, I also had one healthy pregnancy and delivery she is now 7. After her I had 2 miscarriages. I got pregnant only like 2 months after the last miscarriage and he is now 4 almost 5 and then had another one who is 3 almost 4!! So yes it can happen!! And I will pray for you!! God bless!
by AE, Oct 11, 2005
Hi. I'm sorry you had to go through this. BUT! Someone I know had a son, then 2 miscarriages in one year, then had a healthy daughter. I have read that when we ovulate we sometimes kick out "bad eggs" and they are rejected by our body. Then you get a good one and all is well. This is oversimplified, but I hope it helps. Good luck to you.

April
by mejoje, Oct 11, 2005
I have had 2 m/c not in the same year though. DH and I have not used protection for many years (7 or a little more), I gota BFP about 2 years ago in the summer and had a m/c about 8-10 weeks in then last Sept. got another BFP and was already almost 2 months because I really didn't know what was going on and NEVER thought my symptoms were due to a BABY ! My Baby Boy died in utero at 18.4 weeks but We didn't find out until our scheduled u/s at alomst 21 weeks... that was Dec.22 Marry Christmas to Me. I was crushed and didn't really want to try again at all. DH kept asking and asking me to TTC again so in March ( His BDay month I said that he can try again but I want nothing to do with it. I got him my most fertile days wrote them down and said "It's all up to you". I truly made myself forget the days cause I really was afraid of trying. Well when I didn't get my friend when I supposed to I waited about 2 weeks till I couldn't wait anymore and got another BFP and cried. Wel we are currently 29 weeks along with a healthy baby boy ( as the doc. keeps asuringme). So maybe it realy does have something to do with just relaxing and enjoying the moment. Good luck.
by jacks123, Oct 11, 2005
I too had two miscarriages in one year. One in 9/04 and 9/05 and I know what you are going through. I am now going through the process of blood work and a test called (sis) to check out things to make sure that nothing is physically wrong before trying again. My doctor told me that it's probably just bad luck and she see this happen to alot of women who go on to have normal deliveries after miscarriages. So keep your faith up because I sure am and I wish you much luck. I would like to know from the person who responded to your question by the name
pmom" how did your doctor find out you needed prog supp. I questioned my doctor if I needed a prog. supp my next pregnancy.
by dandeelyon, Oct 11, 2005
They do a blood test.  As soon as you find out your pregnant, request a blood test to find out your progesterone levels.  With my son, I started out at 5 which is terrible.  Fortunately I was able to carry him to term.  So there is hope if yours is low.

I too have had two miscarriages in the last year.  I just had a d&c on Sept 2nd.  I though I was 13 weeks, the babies heart quit at 11 wks 4 days.  The one previous to that was a twins, one being a partial molar.  They did genetics and blood tests and everything was "ok" so we have the clear to proceed.  My husband and I are still debating if we want to go through this again.  We have two healthy children, 3 and 7.  We're giving it time.

Good luck to you,

Heather