Anyone take Provera to start their Period?
Hi guys,
I had a D&C on Sept 1st.  My levels are just now at zero and I'm wondering, if my period doesn't start in 2 weeks, they said they would put me on Provera.  Does taking that further mess up your system?  After it brings on a period, would it cause me not to ovulate the next month?  I don't know whether or not to take it or just keep waiting it out but I'm getting so impatient and sad as we want to TTC again :-(
Thanks for your support!
well my d/c was 7/28.  still no af in sight.  The dr told me he was going to put me on that but the rescinded.  My levels are at zero.  he indicated that it could mess up further testing...  BUt at first he said it would jump start the system and I would start to get regular so I'm in limbo. I personally wish he had given it to me...
I've had to tak Provera to start my period.  It didn't mess up my cycle, but I can't speak for others.  I was actually relieved because I was getting so impatient having to wait for my period to come.  Good luck to you!
I took Provera to make my period start I had 1 cycle after miscarrage and then nothing.  I took it and my period started and the next 2 months they were kind of irregular and then they started being every 28 days on the dot until I got my BFP!
How many days do you take the Provera for???
I took provera in Dec 05 and Jan 06 and have not had a period since taking it in Jan 06 because I am 36 weeks Pregnant!
I'm glad to see your pregnancy is going great and you heard the heartbeat!  I can only pray I get to that point someday.  How long after your M/C did you get pregnant?
I take Provera about once every 3 months.  I have PCOS so my cy's vary.  I never had problems.  Personally for me I take it for 10 days and then AF starts about 3-4 days later.  Good luck
I think I took it for 5 days.
If I take provera to start my period.....how many days until my period starts? Anyone know......