Maternal & Child Community
Are anti-aging products safe while pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I just found out I am pregnant and I use Oil of Olay Regenerist night and day. I am wondering if that is safe. I had a co-worker who was told not to use it while she was pregnant. Has anyone else heard anything about it?
I was advised not to either...there was a slight risk to the fetus but none the less, ask your OB and then make the decision that is best for you and your baby
My doc told me that Retin-A was very dangerous in pregnancy, and though Regenerist is not in that league, it shows that stuff you put on your face can be an issue.  Try looking on the Oil of Olay website and see if they list any contra-indications with pregnancy for Regenerist.  You might also contact your doctor or ask a pharmacist.
  retinols used over the counter are not the same as pure vitiamin a prescribed by the doctor.  there are no known side effects by the topical drug but taking accutane while pregnant did cause birth defects.  so they want you to play it safe and use retinol products.  but if you really think about it you would have to give up most foods shampoos body lotions pretty much everything to play is safe.  its true look it up.  Look up ingreidents to stay away from on the web that should ease you a little bit.  sometimes natural is not the best like feverfew.  I am not going to stop taking care of myself the ingredients for pregnant women are pretty much the same as other products.  they just nix the retinols, chemical  acids,  very little is absorbed into the blood stream if any at all.  I would say close your mouth when washing and moisturizers are fine to use.  take care of your self  no reason to live in paranoia and feeling good means healthier babies when your sad about your complexion the baby is sad too.  drink loads of water if you want to keep your blood healthier.