Maternal & Child Community
Arias-Stella effect
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Arias-Stella effect

Hello everybody. Wanted to ask if somebody has been in situation similar like mine.

Last year when I was 7th week, started bleeding heavily and had m/c. After that had D&C. This month, actually 2 weeks ago, my gynecologist on ultrasound check up told me that I had missed abortion and I was in my 6th week. Again I had D&C and this time from the analyzed curettage material I have been diagnosed with “Arias-Stella effect”. In 4 days I have scheduled appointment with my gynecologist to make ultrasound and see how I’ve healed after the D&C. Until I go to hospital and see my gynecologist to answer all my questions, this waiting is killing me and I wonder if there is somebody else like me with this “Arias-Stella effect”?

I really hope that one day with my husband will have healthy baby since these two m/c were really devastating for us.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
287071_tn?1365196113
I'm sorry for your losses - I have had three myself.  I've never heard of Arias Stella effect.  Hopefully with a diagnosis there will be a treatment.  In my case I have a chromosome abnormality for which I take baby aspirin and have a healthy son and am now 24 weeks pregnant.  Best of luck going forward with things.
Blank
1287778_tn?1271859665
Thank you very much and I feel sorry for your past losses but at the same time I'm very happy for you now that you are pregnant and sure you give me a lot of hope for having successful pregnancy in future. I'll see my gyn.next week and until then I'm all in question marks about this Arias-Stella phenomenon-all I know is that it is some abnormality of the uterine lining I think. I just hope at the end it will be all well since with my husband we really want to have baby. Good luck with your pregnancy and hope one day I will have good news to share with you too.God bless you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...