Maternal & Child Community
At what age did you introduce a jumperoo?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Hi Ladies,
I was just wondering at what age did you introduce a jumperoo? I have the rainforest one still in the box and was wondering when I should be putting it together? Brayden is 2 months one week, how much longer does he have before he is ready for it? There is too much of an age difference between all of my kids so I totally forget a lot!!

Hope everyone is doing wonderful!!

Thanks,
Patty and Brayden
I put mine together when Jayden was 3 months.  Of course by that time he was able to hold his head up without assistance.  He was also very tall, but he was still too young to jump or to even play with anything.  He just liked to watch the lights.  He lasted in it for about 10 minutes.  As he got older and was able to actually jump he stayed in it for an hour or so.  I would say when he's able to hold his head up on his own you could put him in there.  Or when he has the upper body strength to hold himself up.
We dont' have the jumperoo, but we do have an exersaucer. I got it for him at 4 months.  I thought he might be a little young still, but when I put him in it, he loved it!!  
i just got dominic one. hes a little over 4 months
i asked my dr about jogging strollers and she said until 4 months their necks are strong enough so my guess is if they can get wild wait just a bit lol.  we dont have doorways like the older houses here so we cant do a jumperoo.  
ooops...hes got a rainforest jumperoo...not like ppl knew what i was talking about
Thanks ladies! It's so hard to remember when babies do what at which age..lol

Dana- this isn't a *door way* jumperoo, it's like an exersaucer or a walker. It's in the  rainforest theme baby gear selection

I think I will wait just a bit longer before I actually assemble it!

Thanks again!
pcarsey.....dommys got that one. he loves it. i have a video of him just cracking up!
I put Izzy in the doorway one a little before 5 months (it seems, my brain is mush now).  She liked to hangout in it but did not jump until a week or two ago (she is 6 months now).  She had such a blast I went and bought the rainforest one too for the basement and she has so much fun in it (i.e, see my photos!!).  Brayden might still be a little young to jump but if he is like Izzy - he will start wanting to be upright more and more and then he can just hang there with his tippy toes touching until he gets a little bigger!  He will like his new perspective on things!
You can also out a pillow under it and that will help little legs reach.  Our daughter just loves it and has been jumping like crazy since around 4 months.