Maternal & Child Community
At what age did you start TTC after having a baby?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

At what age did you ladies start ttc another baby? I am 36 and have an 18 yr old DD, 11 yr old DS and 6 month old Brayden. I would like to have another one but considering my children are so far apart in age I was wondering how difficult it would be to take care of 2 little ones?
0%
 (0) 
right away
17%
 (5) 
6 months later
32%
 (9) 
1 year later
50%
 (14) 
2 or more years later
28 Members voted
I am 28 and my DD is 9 going to be 10 and am currently preggo 23 weeks.... so I waited A LONG TIME...... and this baby was actually a suprise..... BUT i think it shouldnt be too bad having two little ones.... tons of people do it and Brayden will have a little playmate!
i was 27 with my first, 34 with the second, and if i am successful again, i'll be 41 with a third.  all 7 years apart.
I am 33 and Quinn will be 2 next month. Just now decided to ttc baby #2. My sister and I are 3 years apart and that was a perfect gap. And that is the age difference I want btwn Quinn and her sibling.
i have a 14 month old and now am 6 wks pregnant with my next little bundle of joy
I'm 28 and we are trying for another child, My husband's first. We did not try with the first one. I did not want to get pregnant at that time but My son Skyler will be 5 On Dec 15th.
I am 38 and knew I wanted to have one more before I turn 40. Jameson is 8 years younger than my last child, and I do NOT want him to grow up without a sibling to be with. It is REALLY important to me. So we started trying when he turned 1--I really thought it would take much longer to get pregnant again. But surprise--only two tries.:)

I am not worried at all about having two babies-- we are much stronger than we know!
I'm 35 and Jillian is 5 months old.  We really want to try for #2, but not sure when yet for the same reason.  

It took 4 m/c to get Jilly, so I don't want to add "old" eggs to the mix too.  I'm hoping to lose the baby weight (ahhh...if it were really all just from her!) and then go talk to my OB in the spring and get me on all my meds again.  I figure it will be around the summer when we ttc again which would be right around dd's first b-day.  So they would be anywhere from 21 months and up apart.  
I am going to be 32 next month and my son is 15months.  I am almost 6 weeks pregnant with my second.  This will be my husbands third and he is six.  
Hi.  I am 31, with a ten year old, an 8 year old, and I am 28 weeks pregnant.  My second pregnancy was easy to concieve (conceive).  However, we started trying for our third child two years after my second one, and we just couldn't get pregnant.  The doctor told us we probably wouldn't be able to conceive because of my PCOS, but  eight years later here we are expecting our third.  Hope everything works out for you.
My DD is 5months old and our other children are pre-teens and teenagers. Due to my age, we're thinking of starting to try again for our last one. Our DD was a 3 year project with 2 m/c and we think if we wait too long our chances will be greatly reduced in having another. Our DD was a huge miracle and we'd love her to have a sibling close to her in age. My oldest children are teenagers who are 14 months apart and are best friends so it's all in what you can handle. My last two children, though, are almost 11 years apart in age so there is a gap there too. I would do whatever you think you can handle--the space is nice to have between them but the ones that are closer together are also really great friends.
I have a 11 month old baby girl who will be 1 on Dec 15th... so we was going to try for a baby the first of the year since my periods were not reg. I was put on Provera for a few months and the this month I was suppose to take some Clomid but didnt because we got a surprise I am 6 wks pregnant with my next little bundle of joy who will be due around July 2009 and can`t wait I like the fact my babies will be 1 and half to 2 years apart is perfect  think so they will grow up together....