Atrial Septal Defect Treatment
I was told today that my ultrasound showed a possible atrial septal defect. I am going to go to a specialist but the doctor has to get back to me with appointment date. Am I supposed to be on bedrest? I am an ER nurse who works 12 hours days.... is the stress on my body adversely affecting the blood flow to the baby's heart? What should I do until I hear back from the doctor? Go to work.. don't go....

Thanks!
Your OB doctor would be the one to answer this question for you.   In general, I doubt they'd put you on bedrest.  

But you should contact your OB doc and ask them about what your activity level should be.
In general you will have a consult with a pediatric cardiologist who will then perform a fetal echo to check the baby's heart. In general, ASD's are considered less severe than many cardiac defects, in fact my now 7 year old was dx'd with a rather large one prenatally at term with one and it began closing spontaneously at 6 months of age. We were closely monitored by a pediatric cardiologist at delivery, and frequently after birth.

I was not given any restrictions, but upon dx, I was sent over for induction as I was already 1 day past my EDD.

Call your OB, she will need to be the one to advise you on this matter.