Maternal & Child Community
August Baby Role Call!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

August Baby Role Call!

Just wanted to see who else is due in August!  Since they keep having the October cycle buddies, we should have secret August Due Club House Meetings.  :oP

Looking forward to seeing who else is out there.

I am due August 25/27 (I'll settle for 26), 2007.
I am due Aug 26th.  My jeans are getting too tight! I am small-framed, was 11-112 1lbs, 5'3.  I weighed myself for the first time last weekend and i was 5 lbs heavier. For my height and weight, i'm not sure if thats too much.  I hope to be first time mommy. I had a m/c in November and got pregnant 2 weeks later before my AF came.  I have had 2 ultrasounds showing a strong HB. I actually have my 1st appt. with my OB on Wednesday. (I was seeing a RE doctor to help get pregnant) I still am nervous and want this 12 weeks to pass soon
Im due aug 29th.  My clothes are really loose because of bad morning sickness!!  All in due time.  Ive had 2 u/s and both hb's were strong.  Ive had 2 previous m/c's and am a wreck this time b/c of cramping and spotting.  I go feb 15th to my DR.s to see if she can hear hb on the doppler......Yikes!!
I am due on Aug. 22. I had my first u/s yesterday and it was AMAZING!!! Me and dh got to see and hear its little heart beat. That totally changed my life!! My little peanut was moving its arms and legs. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!! I really feel preggers now that I got to see my baby. Its heart beat was 168. I was wandering what the range is for normal heart beats? Anyway congrats to everyone having an Aug. baby and good luck with everyone!!
i am due august 13. i have lost a few pounds due to morning sickness, but still have trouble buttoning my pants. it's like all of my weight has shifted to my belly, and i know it's early, but i swear my belly's growing already. i go on monay for another u/s (i'll be just about 12 weeks). i can't wait. at 8 and a half weeks, i saw the arms and legs forming, and the hb was 190. sounded high to me, but doctor said everything looked great. right now i'm trying to decide if i want to go for the first trimester screen that looks for the possibility of downs. i am really leaning towards not doing it due to the frequency of screen positives.

this is my first pregnancy, and this forum has been a lifesaver. i feel blessed to have access to such a wonderful group of people.
Hello everyone!  A little more about myself.  This will be my 3rd child (I have two beautiful daughters who are 14 and 9 yrs old), and it is my 7th pregnancy.  I lost a set of twins at 13 weeks ('94), 1 baby to a drunk driver ('01), and 2 random M/C over the last 16 years ('91, '02).  I am now considered a high risk pregnancy because of the 4 losses but more so because I have a larger ovarian tumor that will be operated on in Feb/March and Graves' Disease.

As far as clothes, I am already looking to get all maternity wear!  Not only for work (I need to find "career" styles, but comfortable for standing 9 hours a day).  I'm so obviously "showing" these days it is rather amusing, just one day I started having this rounded belly.

My last U/S showed everything was great so far, and the NB was 159 and the due date has been estimated between the 25th and 27th from the 2 U/S's I've had so far.  I want to find out what it is, but at the same time I don't.  I have been checking out names already and have a girls name picked out the boy's need revision imo.

Keep in touch everyone!  We are about 20% through our pregnancy!
Due Aug 19th! Clothes are TIGHT! Maternity clothes SOOOON...
Im due august 12..this is my second child and my first pregnancy was by far much easier...i have been nothing but sick this whole pregnancy!!! so lucky for me my clothes still fit..im so excited i feel with this child im counting the weeks as if they dont go fast enough...best of lucky to everyone : )
Hi...I'm due August 24.  I am starting to mix some maternity clothes in with my regular clothes.  If it's not low rise pants, I can't wear it. None of my regular clothes will button on this belly.  I'm concerned...I already have gained 7 lbs.  I was not a big gal to start with.  How are things going with the rest of you Aug. due  ladies??
I'm due 25 Aug and I haven't really started to show as far as I can see. That's wierd because this is my third. With the second I started showing right away,but this one is like the first (no complaints from me lol). The only difference is I've had morning, noon, and night sickness that I had NEVER experienced with my previous pregnancies so I'm new to this morning sickness thing, but thankfully it let up this past Mon and I've been 5 days without it!(Thank the lord)
hey everyone i am due aug 20th. this is my second i have a beautiful 2 1/2 yr old daughter corinn and i couldnt be more excited to give her a sibling. i am already wearing some maternity clothes!!! i havent gained any weight but i am growing in the belly!!! i have gone for 2 sonos and my doc said the babys heartbeat is great!! i got back for another one feb 16 i cant wait to see the baby again!!!
Hi Everybody.. I'm due on August 11th... This will be my first and I'm petrified of giving birth even though it's months away!
I am due August 8th. This is my second preg.  My 1st preg was so much easier and I felt like it went by  so fast.  This time I am sick all day and so tired.  But regardless of complaints, very happy.  My clothes still fit but feel uncomfortable so I am going shopping for some maternity clothes this weekend instead of wearing sweatpants everyday! :)  Hoping this nausea goes away soon, instead of causing me to lose weight it is causing me to gain as I eat every 1-2 hours because eating is the only time I feel ok.  Good luck to everyone!
hi im due on august 13th! been so sick and now things seems to be getting better. I've lost 7 pounds but things are ok with the baby! congrats to everyone!
Hi, I am due August 24.  My clothes are still fine, havn't gained any weight yet, but I know I will be a whale soon.

This is my 5th pregnancy.  I have two living kids, dd who is 15 and ds who is 3.

This pregnancy was a total surprise.  Nice 40th birthday present.  There goes the trip to Disney and early retirement.
This is amusing, and I feel horrible I didn't catch it earlier, but.... as my youngest child so kindly pointed out....

My birthday is August 20th (gonna be 32)
My daughters birthday is August 17th (gonna be 10)
And this baby is due August 26thish.

I'm due Aug 18th.   I m/c my first baby on aug 15th 06 ...i think it would be weird if i delivered that day.  I guess I would take it as a sort of sign.
I know how you feel Lynne.  I miscarried my set of twins on August 17th, 1994.  My daughter was born 3 years to the day later in 1997.  It was kinda awkward for me.
Hi.  I am due August 28.  This will be my 5th baby.  I have 2 boys and 2 girls ages 14, 12, 9 and 5.  This is my 8th pregnancy, though...2 miscarriages and 1 molar pregnancy.  I had an u/s last Tuesday and it was so amazing...we saw our baby's arms and legs moving all around and the heartbeat was 170.  I have bad morning (all day) sickness but still manage to gain weight...I think because I feel like I have to keep something in my stomach all the time.  My pants are tight, but I do not think I am showing yet.  I was about 25lbs overweight when I got pregnant...I was doing WW at the time.  So, I have to be careful to not gain too much weight with this one.  I am also 38 (almost 39) years old!!  I will probably do the non-invasive tests to check for birth defects.  Nice "meeting" all of you!  I am very excited for all of us...I just wish this first trimester would hurry up!  ha ha
i am due aug 17. i like you must eat in order to not get sick. so i have gained 7 lbs. and have been in sweatpants. we had ds b-day party on 1/27 so i had to go get maternity clothes since i didn't feel the occasion called for sweatpants. i felt so awkward because this was the 1st time i have ever worn maternity clothes. when i was pg w/ds i delivered in january so when i started showing it was winter and wore turtlenecks and sweaters. i lost weight in that pg but gained in the belly. i have always been overweight. i just wore elastic pants and so on. this time around it seems i have just BUSTED out. after 3 m/c i am nervous and happy and will endure anything in order to reach full term, even if i feel awkward sometimes.
congrats to everyone we are almost over the 1st trimester hurdle.
Hello everyone!  I am due Aug 30th.  I recently lost 64lbs and bought all these new clothes half of them still have the tags on them and are getting to tight around the belly.  This is my 6th pregnancy but I have no living children.  I'll be 35 in a couple of weeks.  I've been feeling great and that's the scary put about it.  I saw the heartbeat at 7w1d and everything looked great.  I just have one concren.  I am plus size and I wondering when do you start to feel your belly grow being a large woman?
How old is your ds? Mine is 2 years old.  I did buy some maternity clothes yesterday, they are loose, but I am sure they won't be for long. I am so excited to be almost out of the 1st trimester. Hopefully the sickness will lift soon. Good luck!
Pam, depending on how "large"... I started at 205 lbs pre-pregnancy... I went out and bought 3 good maternity outfits for working/play/sleeping today.  And yes, I really need them because the "rubber band trick" isn't working anymore.