Maternal & Child Community
Avent or Playtex bottles?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Avent or Playtex bottles?

I was wondering which bottles to buy. I plan on breastfeeding too and I've heard good things about avent and playtex. Does anyone have any input on their favorite? Thanks in advance!
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
151571_tn?1189759427
I loved the Avent bottles...they were wonderful, you could pump right into them, etc.  They were great!
Blank
162948_tn?1205256292
I used playtex.  I liked the ones with the liner. It may depend on your baby so I wouldn't stock up on any brand just yet.  We bought every brand and finally my son took playtex after months of starving while I was working. He never really liked bottles but managed to survive by taking minimal amounts from the bottle and then breastfeeding all night long after I worked.  Not to scare you, but some breastfeeding babies are picky, mine was a severe case!
Blank
I used Avent and breastfed, and everything worked out great.
Blank
I think avent is the most compatible with nursing. As mentioned, you can pump right into the bottles. I've breastfed both my kids and supplemented with breastmilk and formula using the avent bottles.
Blank
I loved the shape of the Avent bottles loved them at first.  I then had a big problem with them leaking all the time no matter what I did, they leaked.  Was very bummed so switched to playtex and everything was great.
Blank
152339_tn?1189759427
while breastfeeding my son really like the playtex drop in's, they were great and not messy
Blank
I stocked up on Avent before my son was born, since I had the Avent pump.  They are super nice, but it really isn't up to mom as I found out.  My son took it twice (I didn't give him a bottle often) and then wouldn't drink from it anymore.  For about 3 months I had to switch to the Playtex drop-in style - with the large latex nipple.  I still used the Avent bottle to pump into, so I knew how much I got, then poured it into the Gerber freezer storage bags (which could also be used as bottle inserts). Eventually we switched back to Avent when he was older.  I would try the Avent first, but keep in mind you might have search for what your kid likes.  (I had a friend who's baby wouldn't take regular bottle tops until about 9 months - only the kid they give at the hospital.  And he would only use newborn size pacifiers until after 12 months).
Blank
116879_tn?1266519849
I have tried Avent Size 1 nipples and my daughter always choked.  I personally prefer Playtex--I like the tilted shape and DD 3 months old can hold the bottle!
Blank
Thanks everyone.Your comments are much appreciated.Keep them coming!I'm going to post another post regarding diapers.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...