Maternal & Child Community
BBT Flat Readings?? Anyone have the same temp 5 days in a row??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have just recently started charting my BBT. In the beginning I fluctuated, but now for the past 5 mornings in a row I have had the same 97.7 reading...does this indicate anything..should I be concerned?? I had a m/c on Sept. 4th and realize that my body may take time to get back to normal...this is the first time I've charted though, so I'm not totally sure I know what I'm doing. I have been taking my temp in bed, first thing when I wakeup at teh same time every day.....any help would be GREAT!!!
I don't think that's anything to be concerned about.  The main reason for temping is to detect the shift in temperature so as long as you can detect that, you should be just fine.  My temps don't fluctuate much from day to day either prior to ovulation.
might just mean you have a old thermometer. my temp fluctuated quite a bit from day to day. what you might try is taking it twice.. if your temp changes markedly on the 2nd time, try a new thermometer or get a new battery for it.
Every month, about 4-5 days after O, I get the same temp over and over, 97.7.  It only starts to drop around 13 dpo, and then I know I'm getting my period.  I thought it was weird too.  I've seen other women's temps and they seem to go all over the place.  I only vary by one or two degrees before ovulation, have a pretty large jump, and then stay there until af.  My longerst flat temp was seven days in a row until they finally started to fall.  I'm thinking of buying a new thermometer.  Best of luck to you!
Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to try taking it twice in the morning, and see from there. I have not ovulated yet...or am 99% sure I haven't. There were around 4-5 days when the bleeding stopped before I started charting..but you wouldn't ovulate that quickly after a m/c would you? I didn't notice an cervical fluid either...soo I dunno what's going on with my body. Does 97.7 seem high before ovulation as a waking temp?
Yes I agree, you might want to buy a new thermometer.  Temps don't normally stay the same 5 days in a row.  The are supposed to fluctuate somewhat.