Maternal & Child Community
BELLY BUTTON DURING PREGNANCY
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

BELLY BUTTON DURING PREGNANCY

I KNOW THIS MIGHT SOUND LIKE A WEIRD TOPIC BUT I WAS WONDERING, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY YOUR BELLY BUTTON CHANGES SO MUCH DURING PREGNANCY.  I'M CURRENTLY 24 WEEKS PREGNANT AND MY BELLY BUTTON HASN'T DONE THE FULL POP OUT THING YET BUT IT'S WELL ON IT'S WAY AND WAS JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW WHAT CAUSES THAT.
THANKS~
Related Discussions
20 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Cute, my belly button never popped either, just got way shallow.  Just the uterus as someone else said.  Most of the weird pregnancy things disappear after baby, once the hormones go down.
Blank
I'm almost 22 weeks and I have the "winking eye" belly button too!  My belly button was very deep and now it's almost level with my stomach...it's kind of fun watching it. :)
Blank
Maybe b/c I breastfed but my nipples stayed way bigger (circumference-wise) and slightly darker. No line up belly though. My belly button was already an "OUTIE" and it became an "INNIE" or more like a "FLATTIE" when I was pregnant. It gets so sensitive kind of like goosebumps, I didn't like that. Just everything inside pushing everything up against the abdominal walls I think.
Blank
I was actually going to ask everyone sometime when their bellybutton did pop out during pregnancy? Because with my first it didn't pop out until like 30 weeks and this time it was pretty much popped out at seventeen weeks!  Anyone else?
Blank
hi there. well i dunno anything about that and ive never been pg but i did always wonder about that. if its ok can i add another question. i hear that sometimes pg causes the circles around ur nips to turn dark. once they turn dark do they stay that way for good or do they change back? i always wondered about that and the bellybutton thing...its kinda just for future refernce for me..sory for asking another question on ur thred Momx's2. i didnt want to waste a thred on my Q and i hope its ok for putting it here. :)
Blank
The belly button protruding is caused by the expanding uterus, our uterus's grow up to a thousand times in size during pregnancy which makes our bellies swell.
not everyone's belly button will pop right out under the pressure, mine hasnt, but it sure looks funny, like a half winking eye!

Also you may get a darkline up the centre of your abdomen, your linea nigra, some womens go all the way up above the belly button, some just from the pubic bone to the belly button, and the darker your skin the more noticeable this line will be.

The area around your nipples get darker, this does fade once your body settles down after chldbirth or when breastfeeding has ceased.

These are just some of the weird and wonderful changes childbearing causes in our bodies, the list is endless and not always flattering.

hugs to all
xxxx
Blank
151571_tn?1189759427
I have had four kids, two miscarriages, and have never had the line up the abdomin (abdomen) or my belly button pop out so I guess everyone is different.
Blank
150483_tn?1212172156
My belly button has popped out the 2 times I was preg.I hate it ,it looks funny, feels wierd when touched & looks funny threw clothes.I would use band-aides(the big kind)to hide the bump.After delivery it went right back in...nanis
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Mine hasn't popped out yet, but it started out as a way "innie," so it has some distance to go.  I feel like it will pop out like a turkey timer when it is time to go to the hospital, LOL.
Blank
107860_tn?1302930340
I also had an innie, and now its an outie.. oh my goodness its so weird to look at, my huband doesnt like it.. he makes fun of it.. but in a good way.
Im starting to get use to it..
I'm due next month!! yikes!!
Blank
Theres just no more room it's only choice is to go OUT :) LOL
Blank
162331_tn?1390022267
when pregnant my belly button went from an innie, to an outie, to a flattie.  It is cause by your expanding uterus.  Everything is growing especially your belly.
Blank
I had an inny, which has now popped out at 20 weeks.
I keep finding that of an evening after a bath my belly button goes in and out , like my daughter is using the umbillical cord as a skipping rope.lol
it sometimes it in a wave-like motion.

Has anyone else experienced this too?  or am i the only one with weird belly-button manovers?
Blank
202436_tn?1326477933
mine never "popped" it just went almost completely flat.
Blank
I'm 18 weeks pregnant and my belly button has been hurting lately...I had a belly ring and took it out a couple of days ago thinking it might be that, but it still hurts. It's like a dull pain behind the belly button. I did the sonogram and the tech said the baby, cord and placenta are fine....what could it be?
Blank
I really think it's normal at this point. There is so much pressure on it. I had a sensitive one already but it is really sore in that area especially now. I'm 23 weeks, I'm right there with ya'. Some many other surprises to come. Good luck honey!
Blank
Hi,

I am at 25 weeks now and have an outie. It started at around 18 weeks itself and at the last checkup at 22nd week, doctor diagnosed it as "Umbilical Hernia" she said it needs to be repaired and that she would do it during the labour. EVen I find that area sore and it hurts sometimes when there is a pressure on my belly.

Good Luck!

-Sandy
Blank
I feel the same way. I have been getting belly button pain for a few days, it is very uncomfortable. Today in perticular I felt the pain followed by gas at 3:00am and I got up and went online to see what type of information I could find on belly button pain.I have no idea what it could be, and it is scary.
Blank
i'm 18 weeks and once or twice now i have felt what i think feels like a lot of pressure directly in my belly button, this is my first baby and i have a pretty deep belly button to begin ith and i've just really started to show. when it hurt it hurt a lot more if i woul press my finger in it.. what could this be?
Blank
LOL....don't put a band aid on it...being pregnant is beautiful....I told one of my best friends that....she was a very petite girl and her belly looked like it was gonna pop it was so big her belly botton popped out she asked why..I told her it was her Turkey timer!!! It was ready to come out the oven! !!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...