Maternal & Child Community
BFP and spotting question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

BFP and spotting question

Good morning ladies!  For thoes of you who don't know my history, dh and I have been ttc for 2 1/2 yrs and have had 2 m/c.  My af was supposed to come this past Thursday and I have only been spotting, with sore bbs, bad gas (sorry if tmi)and weppiness over the silliest things.  Well, I took a hpt last night at 9:30pm and it was a light positive, but I know a line's a line.  Well, my question is has anyone had spotting at the time when af was supposed to come, and if you did, did you pass any small clots.  My spotting has gone from very dark brown to reddish brown, some bright red (this happened only once)and now it is very light brown and barely there.  I just wanted to know if my spotting sounded like implantation bleeding even though I had one or two small clots.  As I am sure most of you can relate to the feelings of anxity and fear I am feeling over the possibility of having another m/c.  I am trying not to stress and stay positive, and one thing that helps me with this is that last week I had a dream that I was pg and my belly was just starting to show, I never had any of these dreams with my m/c, only when I was pg with my ds.  I really hope this one sticks.  Thank you for any insights you may be able to share.  Sticky baby dust to thoes who are pg and baby dust to all thoes who are ttc***************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Yep.  This happened to me that exact day that I got my BFP.  It lasted off and on for about a week, and then happened again about 2 weeks later.  A couple of times I did have bright red spotting and passed very tiny clots.  Needless to say, this had me completey freaked out!  Well, now I'm 13 weeks pregnant and everything is going great.  My midwife told me that spotting is not always a sign of threatened m/c.  The importnant thing is that you monitor it.  (I even started writing down the frequency, amount, and color.)  If it gets heavy or you start to have a lot of cramping with it, then put a call in to your DR or go to the ER.  Best of luck to you.  I hope this one sticks!
I called the infertility nurse this morning, she  basically told me that spotting is not uncommon in early pregnancy and to call her at the office tomorrow morning and she will set up the labs, to have my hcg checked as well as my thyroid.  My dh and I went to see an R.E. on Friday and found out that I have something called a subclinical underactive thyroid, and will most likely need medication for it.  The spotting has slowed down even since I read you comment and has turned even darker brown- this makes it a little easier to stay positive.  Thank you so much for sharing your experiance with me.  Sticky baby dust to you!**********************************
I actually took a test on Thurs. morning, day my af was due, and it was neg.  I was supposed to do some bloodwork on day 3 of my cycle and I thought I would start having a flow on Sat. but it never came, and instead of getting heavier or more red it just kept getting lighter.  I had myself convinced that I was not pg, but took a test anyway- I even took it at 9:30 at night expecting it to be neg. again.   I really hope this is your month-good luck!
I'm going through the SAME thing. The only difference is I haven't tested because I thought that this was possibly my period. However my first couple days are always heavy. I was due to start on Friday and so far am following you exactly. I guess maybe it's time to test again. By again I mean I tested like a true POAS addict last week. Took last test on the morning AF was due. I've been having HORRID back pain! Some people have told me that's a sign. Who knows!? Hopefully I'm in the same boat you are. Thanks for posting this!
Did you chart your bbt? I did off and on but I'm starting to think maybe there is something else going on with me because when I checked it first thing this morning it was pretty low. I haven't made it to the city to get a test but by my bbt this morning I'm thinking it's probably a no go. Just comparing notes with you! Thanks!
I did chart my bbt, I had to because I was on clomid and my OB wanted to make sure everything looked good before I started my next cycle.  I had a big increas on cd 14, then my temp dropped back down to just above my coverline for 2 days and then went back up.  Then I had another increase (triphasic pattern) and then my temps droped back down to aroud where they were when I first O'd.  This morning my bbt was 98.49 and my pre-O temps were down in the 97's.  I just went for my first qant HCG blood test and will get the results tomorrow, then I have to go again on thur. to see if I am going to miscarry or if this is just harmless spotting.  Good luck to you, keep me updated!