Maternal & Child Community
BFP but scared of cramping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

BFP but scared of cramping

I got a faint BFP at 9 dpo (yesterday) and it was so faint I was unsure if I was seeing things.  I tested again today and it was a clear positive, still ight but definetly there within the time limit.  I thought I would be excited but I am freaked out.  I had a m/c in May 06 and I can't relax.  I am having some cramping similiar to AF cramping which is making me so nervous.  I am going to try to get to the doctor tomorrow to confirm pregnancy but I leave for Disney on 09/01.  The cramping is really freaking me out.  Has anybody had similiar cramping and been okay.  I mean it is not horrible and not constant.  I need some reassurance.  I am still trying to convince myself this is for real!!!  Sorry to babble.  Thanks for reading
I to have cramping, it started out at the begining, I am only about 6wks, I have my first doc. app tommorow.  But from what I have read as long as you don't have any bleeding then cramping isn't 100% garentee that your going to mc.  I think the more you think about the more you feel, I would just try and relax, I think I mentally made myself cramp, at least some of it, because I was so scared  I was going to, but I still have no bleeding, so I guess so far so good.  Plus if you stomach is in knotts you might just have some abdominal cramping.  Sometimes I can't tell the difference.  But I know last time I mc the cramping durning that time and right before was bend over bad, it really hurt, and I don't have period cramps hardly ever.  Good luck.
I had a m/c back in Feb 06.  So when i got my BFP in may, you can imagine my paranoia.  I too had cramping....i was petrified.  They were fairly painful and very similar to af cramping.  I started spotting a little a few days later and went ot the Dr.  It turns out...the cramping is VERY normal.  I've heard many women on this site that have had the same type of cramping.  And the Dr. says it's normal.  And my spotting at that time was merely implantation bleeding.  I had an u/s and there was the little blip on the radar...with a little heartbeat.  That was 17 paranoid weeks ago. I'm 19w2d now. I can't tell you that the paranoia goes away...it doesn't.  especialyl following m/c.  But, take comfort in knowing that many many women have gone on to carry perfectly healthy babies and have perfectly healthy pregnancies.
I had constant cramping in the beginning, around when af was expected.  I didn't test until af was six days late, so every hour I would run to the bathroom expecting af because of all the cramping, but nothing happened.  I am now fourteen weeks pregnant and everything is going fine, relax, it is totally normal to have cramps this early in pregnancy
I've had two miscarriages, so when I discovered I was pregnant again I was very scared.  I experienced about three weeks of cramping at the beginning of this pregnancy (before AF and on to about week 6) and am now 15w4d with a very healthy pregnancy.  Cramping during early pregnancy is very normal...you'll experience more of this cramping/stretching later in your pregnancy too as your uterus grows to accomodate your growing baby.

Keep your chin up and try to stay positive. :)  I'll say a prayer for you and your little one!!  God Bless and Best Wishes!!
The same thing happened to me. Cramping, paranoia and the not being able to believe that this is all happening.

It is normal to have AF type cramping, uterus expanding and some hormone which is being released causes this.

The doctor siad as long as there is no bleeding not to worry.

CAn't wait for the next two weeks to go past. I mc at 10 weeks last time, which is where I am at now. So Paranoid, but trying to get over it.

It is completely normal. I've had it with all of my (6) pregnancies. That's why they say PMS and early pg symptoms are almost the same. It's your body getting used of the hormones, uterus stretching, and it may happen for the first couple months right around when you'd expect your period. You might even spot a little at that time.

Try not to worry, it's all part of the process.
Thank you all so much, I am going to try to just enjoy and let life take its course.  Thank you again!!!!!
If you haven't seen my story before...I thought for sure af was on her way. Didn't even know I could be pregnant and my cramps were worse than they'd ever been, and also I got them a few days before af was due which I thought was strange because I usually get them the day of, or the day before af starts. Now, I didn't test until 5 days after af was due, because like I said I didn't know I was pregnant or it was a possibility as we were using the "withdrawl (withdrawal) method" which we've been for 3 yrs. So its absolutely normal to hve cramps!! With my other 3 children I don't remember it, and I didn't get morning sickness either with them but this one I did!! I also have miscariied, actually twice so I can understand you worry. Just remember that if you worry or if you don't if you're meant to miscarry it's going to happen either way. Just relax and enjoy the pregnancy. Have fun on your vacation!
Thanks Kaydenlynn for posting this question.  I had some cramping as well and have been worried everytime it happens.  I have had two mc's so when I got the BFP I was scared to death that the same thing would happen again.  Both mc's only made it to about 8wks, and I am currently in my 8th wk with this preg, so every little cramp I get worried.  It is comforting to know that others have had this too and are now further along and it was normal.  I am hoping this one sticks.

WIsh you all luck!!!
I too had cramping the first few weeks which I thought for sure was being caused by a cyst. Then I was a week late and when I tested positive I almost fell over! I too had a m/c in Feb without even knowing I was preg. I am now around 6 weeks and totally paranoid that this one will m/c too. Like the other ladies have said, cramping is normal as long as there's no bleeding.