Maternal & Child Community
BLEEDING AT 6 WEEKS - HELP!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

BLEEDING AT 6 WEEKS - HELP!!!

First, I want to say that I haven't been logging on lately because our AOL bill was triple the amount last month.

My pregnancy has been going along fine, until yesturday. Something felt different (less pregnant) and then at 2pm I started spotting. Called the doctor and he said to stay hydrated and rest and then come in first thing Monday for exam, blood work and to schedule or do ultra sound.

My spotting is brownish/red and started with only very slight amount. Some very tiny specs of tissue/clots in toilet (sorry) once last nite and once this morning. Starting to cramp a little now (11:30am) and when I wipe I get blood on TP, even though my g-string pad barely has anything on it. Funny, I have felt like throwing up more than ever, but breast seem less sore.

If going to be a m/s, nothin I can do, but has anyone had this kind of bleeding and gone on to have a perfectly normal or full term pregnancy??
When i had a miscarriage in dec,03 that is how my bleeding started except mine was pink and i only had it when i wiped.So the doc put me off my feet and it went away.Then he let me go back to work and the second or so day i was back the bleeding got worse kinda like a light preiod (period) and it was verry red so i called doc and he wanted to see me.They did a u/s and found out the baby had only lived till 6wks 5days and i was almost 11 weeks at that time.But my sister had very heavy bleeding until she was 6 months pregnant the doctors told her she was having a miscarriage I mean she was bleeding as much as being on a heavy period But after about 6 months the bleeding just stoped and the doc could never relly tell her what happend because they didnt even know.I hope everthing turns out good. I will keep you in my prayers.Let us know how things go.
Dawnna
i don't have any advise i just want to say you are in my prayers

~nanci
I hope this works out for you.  It could be a m/c, I won't promise that it's not.  But in my case, I was spotting brown for about a week.  Ultrasound couldn't find out way.

Then, last weekend when I was almost 9 weeks I started pouring bright red blood.  After two previous losses I was horrified.  Convinced it was another m/c.  Since it was a weekend I went to the ER, even though I know that if it had been a m/c there's nothing anyone could do.  I just wanted someone to confirm if I was losing it.  

The ultrasound there revealed a very active baby and a subchorionic hemmorhage.  Basically, a small piece of the placenta had torn away from the wall.  They told me that in most cases small ones heal, so although my risk for a loss is increased, I am hopeful that all will be well (please God please).  

Anyway, I don't want to give you false hope, but a little hope can be good.  Many things can cause bleeding.  I know a woman who went through up to three pads everyday for a couple of months and delivered a full-term, healthy girl.  I hope everything works out for you.
thnak you so much. I sit here crying because I have also begun to bleed more heavily and am cramping. It helps to have some hope.
I had spotting at 6 weeks and I have gone on to have just made it to my 12 weeks now. I have actually had spotting every couple of weeks for the whole 12 weeks now. I had just some brownish red spotting usually only when I wiped. I went in to see my doctor about it and he checked my cervex to make sure it was closed and hooked me up with an ultrasound and I was able to see the little heart beating which put my mind at ease. Out of all women who spot 50% of them go on to have a healthy pregnancy. If you don't have really bad menstral type cramps then that's good. I had some cramping during my spotting but it is the same I have experienced this whole time which my doctor said was my uterus growing. I hope this puts your mind somewhat at ease. My doctor also said that if I was going to have a m/c the bleeding would soak a pad in no time. Let me know how things go for you and good luck with everything!
OMG I am So sorry you have to go through this worry! I am keeping my hopes up and so should you although I know that is not easy to do. The weekend is the worst. Please, know you are in my prayers. Please, let u s know how your dr's appt goes.
mben - I wanted to tell you that my prayers are also with you. My husband got home while I was writing to you before and I burst into tears. He is very upset and is thinking the very worst. I feel really bad for him - it breaks my heart!

Since bleeding for over 24 hours now, I've barely filled one medium size pad, however today I've had noticable cramps. Yes, the weekend makes it tough. The wait is a real bear. I will keep you all posted and I really appreciate all of your info and/or experience. God Bless you all!
I'm sorry the bleeding is worse.  I know the wait is hard.  Please let us know how things turn out.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.  PLEASE let us know how you are doing! ((((((((tons of hugs)))))))) Kellie
Well, it's one a.m. and after waking up with severe cramps, I passed a 3-4 inch bloody sack. Think I just m/c for sure. Will bring to dr. for analysis, but don't think I'm pregnant anymore as my breasts don't hurt, food smells good and I'm not nauseous at all. A little sick to my stomach, but I think that's from the stress of anticipated m/c. Although I am quite sad, it is my DH I'm worried most about. He didn't want to talk about "it" last night saying let's wait till we see Doctor. I said I would try, but unlike him I could not so easily not think about a m/c with all the bleeding and cramping I felt.

I can only put my faith in the Lord and trust that He is in charge, no matter what my circumstances. I still feel the promise of children with my husband and know there is a purpose for this loss. It will be hard to tell my DH in morning. He is already very mad at God because of this - please pray for him!
I am so very sorry that you have to go through this.I wish there was something i could do or say to make it better.I will keep you and your DH in my prayers. Let us know what the doc says.
(((((((HUGS)))))))
DAWNNA
I'm so sorry to hear this just sitting hear reading all of this brings me back to when I had my M/C and I pray to God that this is not what it is I pray that the baby is fine I wouldn't wish a m/c on my worst enemy well you'll be in prayers and Good luck tomorrow..
I'm SO sorry to hear this! you and your hubby will be in my thoughts and prayers! (((((((hugs)))))))  =(
Please, let us know how the dr's appt goes. And how your Dh does. Again, I am so sorry you have to go through this.
Big hug for you, I am so sorry. I wish there was something I could say to help you through. It does get easier as time passes and that's the only thing, time. My thoughts are with you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. It sounds just like when I had my m/c. Prayers for you!!
I'm so very sorry.  I know there are no words to make you feel better.  I can say that I know exactly how you feel.  I've had 3 early m/c over the past year, and there were times when I would really start to question God and become angry, but I never lost my faith.  Please stay strong, and in turn your husband will stay strong.  It's so hard for them to understand, I know.  I will pray for you today and let us know how you are.
I know that this is a very difficult time for you and my thoughts are with you.  I know exactly how you feel.  My DH took my m/c very difficult especially since it happened on his birthday.  However, we are put through many obstacles in our lives and we have to work together to try make each other stronger from them.

I know that you have all of the how and why questions but you must not blame anyone and find peace by leaving it in God's hands.  I can honestly say that my DH and I have found comfort and have managed to be at ease with our loss through the faith that we have in Him and each other.  We have interpreted this journey as something that has brung us stronger together and something that has made us want to try again more.

I want you to know that you are not alone and you are in my prayers.

God Bless,
Norma
I am so sorry for your loss. I do hope that you find support and comfort from your loved ones. Please talk with us at the forum anytime you need. (((((((((Hugs))))))))
It is so comforting to know I'm not the only one stressed about bleeding. I am 6 weeks and started brown spotting Friday Night..not enough to fill a pad and a little tissue in it. I had an ultrasound and they said that it is too early to see a heart beat but the sac is still there, it just looks like I'm six weeks and not 7 as originally thought. the spotting has been a little heavier on and off one episode of red ..and only when I go to the bathroom. It is so stressful waiting until Monday. I don't have cramps, but I just have a bad feeling. I have learned my lesson if this is a M/C I will not tell anyone next time around. We got too excited and many people know we are pregnant. How do you get through telling people about the sad news?
I am concerned about my hcg levels.
They are
3/30 562
4/1 755
4/5 1695
4/8 2650

My progesterone was also low but I am on supplements and now it is at 1570.

I had heavy bleeding 2 weeks ago and my doc told me I would miscarry, but my levels have continued to go up and the first US on 4/1 showed a sac.

I think I will be seven weeks since LMP on Monday, but my doctor says that is not possible by looking at my levels. I am going in for an US on Monday and she is expecting to see nothing more than a sac, but it seems that at this point we should at least see a fetal pole. I am worried that I may have a blighted ovum. If I am off on how far along I am, it can't be more than a week. I am very regular and knew when I ovulated (I was keeping close track since we were trying).

Anyone experiencing something similar? Any info would be great. Not knowing is absolutely driving me crazy...
THANKS!
Hi everyone, I'm new to this but not new to being at the 6 week mark. Am currently 6 weeks pregnant, and this is my first pregnancy after miscarrying at 12 weeks in December 03. Absolutely devastating as I'd been feeling great, no sickness or anything but went for my scan and told my baby had no heartbeat. Still get sad alot, but hoping with all my heart that this little one is stronger and manages to make it the full 9 months. I've become philosophical though and know that all the worrying in the world won't change what is going to happen, so enjoying it for each day that all is okay. Had a tiny bit of spotting on Monday but went to the doctors on Tuesday and she was great, said to see how the next week goes and then go back next week. Still having alot of discharge but nothing like a normal or even a light period so fingers crossed it's just a hiccup. Hope everyone is well and look forward to chatting some more the coming months, even if things don't all go to plan, last time we told everyone and I had lots of support but this time only a handful of people know so may need you guys. Thank you!
Had 1st doctor's appointment today for 1st ever pregnancy.  I went into the restroom for the urine sample and had slight trace of brown blood on toilet paper.  Dr. ordered an ultrasound and we saw baby and heart beat at 6 weeks 2 days.  All looks good.  They've ordered blood work for 48 hours from now to double check baby is still ok.  I'm really scared about losing the baby.  I've been through so many family members who miscarry and am terrified.