Maternal & Child Community
Baby Aspirin during pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Baby Aspirin during pregnancy

Hi everyone! I was wondering if any of you took or are taking Baby aspirin and also, until when you are supposed to take it.
Thanks.
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It is safe to take during pregnancy and it is necessary to continue while preganat for some women with clotting disorders... hope this helps.... (I take it b/c I have thyroid antibodies)...
Blank
Yes, it is safe.  My dr. had me start taking it after a miscarriage in June, due to thyroid anti-bodies in my system.  I am now pregnant and he wants me to continue on until the last 4 weeks of my pregnancy.  

If you are pregnant, I would let your dr. know if you start taking it.

Blank
well, I am 11 Weeks and taking it since I found out I was pregnant. Prescribed by my doc. somebody told me to take it only for 12 weeks because of Reye's syndrome and this can cause harm to the baby. That is why I wan to know of somebody who took it longer than that (12WK)
Blank
130047_tn?1210285144
I currently take 1 BA daily and I am 25 weeks now.  I have MTHFR clotting disorder and was recommended by my OB.  I've been taking since before conceiving and shortly after my mc last March.  Good luck
Blank
i have to take one 81mg baby asprin a day. i take it at night w/ my vitimin. i have to take it b/c of blood clotting dissorder, for got what type, and i had to start taking it asap, once i found out i was pg. @4w2d, now i am 21w2d. I also was wondering how long i am soposta(sp?) take it.  
*O AND THE BRUSES I GET NOW ARE ALFULL
Blank
I tested positive for clotting disorder (factor 5 liden-sp?) and so I take a baby aspirin a day while ttc and also now that pg (clotting problem can also cause m/c).  It does make blood thinner, so I wouldn't take it unless you need it (I bleed from shots now and bloody noses f/ pg in dry winter are never ending!) though some say it healthy regardless.  i would def test for these types of things for all of you that have experienced m/c.
Blank
sorry, i forgot to say i take it daily and all through my pg.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...