Baby Aspirin
I've heard that baby aspirin can help women who have had miscarriages......

I know it is to help keep the blood flow...

I've never been diagnosed or had any testing for clotting disorders, but I've had two miscarriages and want to try something!!!

Here is why I think it might help me...  I used to donate plasma in college and almost everytime, my blood would get clotted up in the needle...  they told me to take an aspirin before I came to donate.  It helped.

Do you think this could be why I'm miscarrying?  Is it safe to take a baby aspirin????

Please help!
I take BA every day.  I have MTHFR only found out after a late mc in March this year and have two child pre dx.  My dr. recommended it for me and I believe in it fully.  There is alot of research on the web about it.  I know it cannot hurt and if you clotted when given blood, something that never happended to me and I do it all the time, I would ask your dr. about it.  Why can they not do some clotting blood test on you?  I am 15 weeks now and will continue to take it.
Sam--

I have a doctor's appt on the 16th!  I'm DEFINITELY asking her about it.

I WANT to be tested.  What would hurt?  If I have it, I want to KNOW about it....  if I don't have it, then at least I know that's not the problem.

So, you're able to have children then?  I'm so scared.  I haven't been tested yet, but I'm worried I might have MTHFR....or something like that.

Would it hurt to start taking a baby aspirin now? everyday?
Also, sam, did your regular OB test you for this?  Or will I have to go to an RE for that kind of testing?

Isn't it a simple bloodtest?
Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome is another clotting disorder that is often treated with baby asprin. It is a simple blood test to see if you have the antibodies, and then they combine that with medical history for a diagnosis. It is one of the most common causes of recurrent m/c. I took asprin throughout my 1st successful pg, and started the day I tested positive with this one. I am now 24 weeks. Your Dr. will probably test if you ask her to, but if not, I would just take one baby asprin a day next time you get pg. I just was told to stop at 37 weeks.
Hi girls,  I too have been wondering about baby aspirin.  I have also had 2 m/c and am going to start TTC soon.  I asked my dr. about baby aspirin and she kind of shrugged it off so I never gave it a 2nd thought.  Ive been thinking about switching dr.s  because she just doesnt seem thorough enough.
I have two girls ages 6 & 9, great pregnancies etc, then late dec 05 I found out I was pregnant, I was thrilled and then had lots and lots of problems with spotting, low progesteroneand all along having u/s that had the baby on target for hb and growth.   At around 15 - 16 weeks, no hb, had a d&e and conceived in early July this time.  I've been on ba since May, I took it pre conception as I heard that it improves your chances of conceiving and then preventing early mc as it increases the blood flow.  My dr tested me for everything after the loss, my ob dr that is, chromosomes (came back fine) and the whole blood clotting panel.  I would ask for it to be done and ba cannot hurt.
The blood testing they do is pretty extensive.  It tests for all types of things on top of the different clotting disorders..  They take quite a bit of blood, 12 viles when I had it done.  Since you have had two miscarriages I would think they would want to run the test.  Definately mention the clotting issues when you see the ob.  Don't just take aspirin without speaking to your dr.  Although the possiblity of complications from using low dose aspirin is minimal, it's better to avoid if net necessary.

Good luck.  I really hope you are successful.
You guys, your comments are SO helpful.  I just feel lost at this point.  I never thought I'd ever have problems.  :(  As we did I'm sure.

I'm going ask specifically about testing for all of those clotting disorders and ask if it is safe to just take a ba anyway.

Let's keep this thread going today....keep posting your thoughts.  What are all of yoru stories???  PLEASE SHARE!!

:)
It's typically 81 mg once a day.  I think some may go up to 150 mg depending on the clotting issue.
Mum2B---

THANK YOU!  I think I've made a decision---to take baby aspirin during my next pregnancy....  

Do you think I should start taking it now before I start to TTC?
I also had m/c and Im now 21 wks preg and have been on baby asprin from the time my dr. confirmed this pregnancy. I go to a high risk based on several factors and he told me he tells people with prior m/c to start taking and it cant hurt. Although if you have any bleeding during pregnancy you may have to stop asprin. Check with your dr but so far its working for me. Good luck :)
when do you take the baby aspirin??  One a day??  What is the strength or is there only one kind??

:)
Factor 5 Thrombophlia is a very common blood disorder that causes clots.  Luckily I was diagnosed after they saw some clotting in my placenta and I did wind up carrying to 38 weeks.  
I had to take baby aspirin (81mg) a day and also had to inject 2 40mg needles of lovenox in my stomach (which is not hard to do at all).
Ask about being tested for that,
I have had now 3 miscarriages.  Two then I had my daughter and in Dec'06 I had a "chemical pregnancy"  B/c of my 2 previous m/c my doctor put me on a regimen of baby aspirin and progesterone.  With this regimen I successfully had our daughter.  I got pregnant again in Nov '06 and had the "chemical pregnancy"  I started that same regimen right away as was suggested by my doctor.  I still lost it though. He did say that this regimen is no guarantee.  But it has helped with many women before and it did fortunately work with my daughter-just didn't work this last time.  We are trying to conceive again and I will use that same regimen.  I figure-I lost 2 when I did not take it - I had our daughter when I did take it - this last loss, I don't know why it happened-I used those same things - i just figure my chances are greater of maintaing a pregnancy if I do take those things.  81 mg of ASA is so low that it should not have a negative affect.  All the stuff you read online about aspirin and pregnancy is very scary-i think though they are talking about the full dose aspirin.