Baby Heartrate over 160
Hi ladies, I am 11 week 2 days and I got a strong heartbeat this morning, however the Doppler indicated bpm between 164-174.  I am not sure how accurate it is since it kept changing the readouts but I read that normal hb should be b/w 120-160.  Should I be concerned?
THX, Dolly
I heard it as 170 was the "normal" high....every heartbeat i heard was 165+ and the dr was happy with it....said it was perfectly healthy and strong
In the beginning it is not unusual for the heartrate to be high, my little peanut runs in the mid-high 160's, in fact my boys both did too.

Andi
WIVES TALE IS.......HIGH HEART BEAT MEANS ITS A GIRL.  HOWEVER MY DOC SAYS THAT IS NOT ACCURATE AND JUST LAUGHED....BUT MINE LITTLE ONE'S IS HIGH AND SHE'S A GIRL.  SO WHO KNOWS!
So far I have two boys that debunked that myth : ) Mine stayed in the 160's throughout the pg and supposedly anything over 140 meant girl ; )

Andi
Hey dolly, I'm gald you're finally finding the h/b. Anything between 120-180 bpm is normal. Don't worry- what you're seeing is great!
Thanks ladies, I was so happy to find it this morning!  I can't believe how loud it was.
My babies heartbeat was almost 170 early on and she is a girl:)
When I was pregnant my babies heart rate was 140 then throughout the pregnancy it got up to 180 then down again but midwife didnt seem concerned people told me if its over 140 your having a girl and I had a healthy 8lb 9oz girl so im sure you got nothing to be concerned about
same here two girls for me always over the 160 mark for both i am currently nearly 33 weeks pregnant.
My baby's hb was 180 at 11 weeks, and has stayed around 150 (almost 33 weeks now), but he's a little boy!  I wouldn't worry about a high heartbeat, a low one would worry me more.  Stay positive, all is good.
Mine was 120 at week 7 and 170 at week 11.  Doctor said both are normal.  You'll see about the old wive tales at week 18 u/s.
My baby's heartbeat was 176 at 9 weeks and 12 weeks. It now runs around 150 and i am 22 weeks pg w/a baby boy!!!!
Congratulations dollchina, love and blessings to you, my daughter was always high also.
What about if a fetus's heartrate is 240 is that bad for someone to be 6 to 7 months pregnant.