Maternal & Child Community
Baby Movement - 30 weeks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Baby Movement - 30 weeks?

Hi ladies,

I am feeling a bit worried this morning as i haven't felt my baby move since last night sometime.
These past few weeks the baby has been quite active in the morning but today i have yet to feel anything.  I'm not sure if this is cause for concern or what?  How long should i wait before i consider checking in with my doctor?  
I just had an appt on Tuesday and everything was fine the HB was 144 BPM....

Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks!
I would call your doctor, they will probably ask you if you have laid down on your left side for an hour after drinking water. But if I were you I'd get it checked out, good luck.
i actually just felt a few little flutters....that makes me feel better.  I will monitor it in the next while and then see if i should see my doctor.
Is it normal for there movement to decrease like that though?  Like i say the baby has been quite active in the mornings for the past while but i'm sure that has to stop at some point.......
I am 27w4d.  Yesterday my baby was really lazy.  LOL  I had to do as amberd5191 said and drink a cold glass of OJ (I know I should have chosen water) and lay on my left side.  Then she started moving a little.  Babies have their days were they are really active (like mine is today because she must've slept all day yesterday), and days when they are relaxed.  =)  

Has your doctor told you when to start monitoring your baby's movements?  I do believe you are supposed to feel atleast 10 movements per hour but I could be off on that number a little.  They say you will eventually begin to pick up on your baby's awak and sleep hours, by now they have a pattern.

Remeber that if you are really active during the day, your motions can be like a rocking motion to your baby and put him/her to sleep.

YAY!!  Our babies will be here SOON!
So if you drink water and lay on your left side you should feel movement?
I think you may be right and maybe today is just a lazy day for my baby.

My doctor hasn't mentioned anything about monitoring movements but at my last appt she asked if the baby was moving a lot and i said yes cause up till today he/she has.

I don't think i'm feeling 10 per hour.  That doesn't make sense to me because when your baby is asleep you don't feel movement right?

Sorry this is my first pregnancy......
I am 29 weeks 1 day....my baby has days when s/he is really active and then other days are lazy days! Today is kind of a lazy day for my baby. This is my first and I worry over every little thing. If I don't feel my baby for 5 minutes I freak out! lol. I am learning to relax and it seems when I am really active, the baby doesn't move much. When I get home from work and lay down the baby will start moving usually. Sometimes I will just eat or drink something and that gets the baby going. I'm sure you are fine, but you can always call your doc to be sure. I bought a baby doppler, so anytime I am worried I put it on my belly and I hear a nice strong heart beat. When is your due date? Mine is April 23.
I forgot how many weeks I was, I think I was about 36 weeks.  I usually would feel my son move around when I would wake up for work.  Well one morning I didn't feel him.  I got really nervous, so I knudged his leg and he wound up moving like crazy.  He was asleep and I woke him.  I felt so bad that I bothered him but I was scared.  Some days they nap more than others but I can completely understand why you would be nervous.
it is normal for them to slow down due to a decrease in room inside the womb; however, they should move at least 10 times a day after 30 weeks and on (or is it 34?) any way i would check with my doc just for some reassurance....sometimes they might still move a lil even when somethings wrong...i dont wanna scare yah but my fren gave birth 2 weeks early, she was due feb 6th but had to be induced early due to cord being wrapped around the neck, the baby was still moving some but not as often....good luck and take care.
Chantal21 - Thanks for the suggestion, that would be a great idea to invest in a doppler, i would be checking the heart beat every day as i love that sound!!  Are they easy to use though?
I am due on April 14th we're only a week away from each other!

Mami1323 - I wish i knew what i was feeling when i touched my belly.  I mean i'm not quite sure if it's a foot, head etc.  Maybe once he/she gets a little bit bigger I will be able to tell?

Jay_Leron - I have felt the baby move at least 10 times today now, it was just this morning i hadn't felt a thing for quite a while and usually in the morning he/she is going crazy inside me!!  Maybe he/she is starting to get bigger so they will start moving less now.  That sounds very scary about your friend, i hope everything is ok now.
The baby's heart beat is like music to my ears! The further along you are, the easier they are to use. Put some gel on your belly and you put the doppler right on...since the baby is bigger, you don't have to search as much to find the heartbeat. Only a week apart! How cool. =) I cannot wait until April!! I still struggle to figure out if it's a foot, leg, or arm I am feeling. I thought I would know by now! But I guess not. The only way I know that the baby is head down is because when the baby gets hiccups, I feel the tapping very low, if it wasn't for that, I would have no clue what position the baby was in! lol. =)
After going into preterm labor and being sent home on bed rest, I was given information that says when you are doing kick counts, after breakfast lay on your left side for 30 minutes. You should feel the baby move 5 times.....lay down for 30 minutes after dinner, and you should feel the baby move 5 times. As long as you feel 5 kicks twice a day, thats all that mattered....!

However, I went into the women's center due to decreased fetal movement....my baby was barely moving during the day, and turns out I was in preterm labor and I was 27 weeks pregnant at the time. So, you need to listen to your body and your baby.