Maternal & Child Community
Baby Shower theme

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Baby Shower theme

I am having a baby shower in April for my daughter.....I would love some input on a theme, refreshments, favors.  What would be a perfect shower that you wish for?
Im planning a shower for my sister and we really dont have a "theme" just doing baby blue and brown, and white. For favors we are giving away carmal apple's and the down half cover in blue and white M&Ms. For my other sister's baby shower we give away Blue pic frames, and for my Other sisters baby shower we give aways bath & body Works Soap Bars. Everything of course was wraped Pretty....ANd for my baby shower they give away little candle holders......
We had baby bottles filled with little rattle, feet, bottle candy in them and ours was blue and white also I had 2 boys. For food the first one we had chicken fingers, fried mushrooms, potatoe wedges, veggie tray and dip, and chips. The second we had barbeque and baked beans and coleslaw. The cake was light blue and white with rattle on it.  My sister for hers got a bunch of games to play off the internet and they were fun.
I remember way back when they had mine and it was just the typical shower that everyone sits around eats and watches the long gift opening....But I am trying to think of ways to make it fun....The give aways sound nice.  She will find out hopefully in two weeks what the baby is and that might make it easier for me on what to do...All of your showers sound like they were nice........thank you:)
I've played some really fun shower games.  Maybe everyone else has heard of them.

In one,  you guess how many squares of toilet paper it will take to wrap around the pregnant mom.  Whoever wins gets some prize,  and of course they give it to the mom.  

We did "wheel of fortune" at a shower I hosted,  and it was so fun we did it again.  You invert a bicycle and use that as an actual wheel,  and come up with topics - like "the baby's name" or pregnancy symptoms like hemoroids,  stretch marks and heartburn.  

Another thing we did was a baby birthday pool - you bet pocket change on when the baby will be born,  or the weight or something else if there is a planned C section,  and of course the money goes to the mom.  

At one shower each person was sent a blank piece of pretty paper,  and you had to write your best wishes or parenting advice,  and those things went into the book.  It was really great fun and people brought very creative pages.

Have fun!

One thing that I thought was great at my shower. A friend bought a stack of thank you cards and had each guest fill out the envelope with their own address. It saved me so much time with sending out thank you cards. What a breeze when you do not have to hunt down an address.

Also my sister knew she was going to make me a scrapbook and she had each guest on a little slip of paper write a note to the baby. It still brings tears to my eyes to see those beautiful msgs and one day when Quinn is old enough she can read them as well and be touched at how loved she was even before she was born.

No actual theme at mine.  Pastel colors as we knew it was a girl.

Had great food tho, a huge fruit salad, cucumber sandiches, little tortilla roll ups. Basically easy food to eat standing or sitting and not a lot of mess.
We played "Baby Bingo",  a duck game (numbers game) & an animal game (Noah's ark).  Since my baby's name was Noah, of course the theme was Noah's Ark.  The colors were green/yellow instead of traditional blue.

We had lots of deli finger foods as well as the cake.  Basically we played several games & then opened presents.  There are tons of ideas on the internet - google baby shower themes or baby shower games - you'll come up w/lots of ideas.