Maternal & Child Community
Baby "dropping" early?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Baby "dropping" early?

Hey ladies,

So i am currently 31 weeks 2 days and i swear the baby has "dropped"  Just a few days ago quite a few people mentioned that the baby looks low now and i have had some pain down there, kinda like extra pressure.  I am peeing even more often then normal which is a lot!

This is my first baby so i'm not sure if this is normal.  Can your baby drop early but still carry to full term?  Is dropping a sign that labor is in the near future?

Any help is apprecatied!

Thanks!
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
187316_tn?1386360282
Completely normal. When I was about 30 weeks people started commenting that my bump looked a lot lower and that the baby had dropped and I had my baby full term. They can drop at anytime and you could still go all the way to your due date and even past it. The reason your peeing more is because now that the baby is dropping its putting more pressure down there and so your bladder is being squished even more. Also the pain is from the dropping as well most likely it is either bh contractions or the baby is resting on a nerve. Congrats girl your close enjoy these next 2 months its going to go by fast! :)
Blank
280369_tn?1316705641
I'm 30 weeks and have been experiencing a LOT of perssure lately. It's hurts down there so much. My midwife told me that my body is prepapring for labor. My pelvis is beginning to stretch out and the baby's head is down and putting a lot of pressure down there. Are you experiencing a lot of BH? I have been peeing a lot more as well. I think it's around this time that the baby is going to get bigger and that could be why you are experiencing it as well.
Blank
Thanks for your comments ladies that makes me feel better.
I have been experiencing a lot of BH lately as well.  It's good to know that this is normal and i can still carry my baby to full term.  I was sort of nervous that maybe this was a sign my baby would deliver too early but i guess that's not the case.
Thanks girls, i am soooooo excited for this baby to arrive! :)
Blank
411868_tn?1234711418
hey dont you worry. jesse dropped head down when i was just 5 months preg. the dr said it was fine, and they could feel her head down there every time i went in for a checkup. so dont worry. and about you being concerned about your baby coming too soon. jesse was 5days late and that was by induction. good luck:)
Blank
Glad I'm not the only one with "down yonder" pains!!  It REALLY hurts!  I think I will still call my doctor's office tomorrow.  Today I had back pain as well, which is not uncommon but I am worried about that.
Blank
193609_tn?1292183893
My baby dropped at 27 weeks, and I actually went into labor that week. I felt a lot of pressure as well.
Blank
223520_tn?1221443883
Evan dropped at 29 weeks, and I didnt have him until 39 weeks.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...