Maternal & Child Community
Baby growing tooth in the back! Molar?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Baby growing tooth in the back! Molar?

Hi all.  Soraya is 5 months old and yesterday, she had a bad teething day. She didnt cry at all but everything went into her mouth.   When I put my fingers in her mouth to help her out, I noticed a bump on her right, lower side.  When I went to check the other side to see if it's something that is on both sides.  It wasnt.  I fought her to let me see and I saw a large white lump emerging from her skin. It appears to be on the inside and outside of her gum but, I really didnt get a good look.  I just called the dr and am waiting for her to call me back.  But, has anyone ever heard of a 5 month old growing a molar?
there was a newborn baby born in Hampshire, UK recently...wait for it...with the entire set of baby teeth fully through! Anything is possible, i must admit my dd didnt get her molars until she had several of the front ones through, my ds has 8 teeth but no molars yet. anything is possible though!!
heres an article on it!

http://www.theargus.co.uk/search/display.var.1541100.0.baby_born_with_teeth.php
That's insane!  I hope they wont have to pull my babys teeth.  Oh no... Now i'm worried :(
5 months is about the norm for teeth to start coming through, my dd got her first one at 4 months, my ds at 5 months, dont worry there will be no need for her teeth to be removed, it will just aid her when she is being weaned :)
does it feel like a tooth?  Good Luck, if it is you have to buy her a pair of shoes :)
It's very uncommon for a such young baby to cut molars before any front teeth.  I'm not saying it's impossible, just uncommon.  Are you sure it's not any kind of an oral ulcer?  I hope she's feeling better soon.