Maternal & Child Community
Baby movement during contraction?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Baby movement during contraction?

Does anyone know if there should be baby movement during a contraction or should the baby stop moving? Or is there no rule of thumb.
Also what does the heartbeat do during does it go up or down? Also before and afterthe contracton?
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
158812_tn?1189759426
I have always experienced fetal movement during labor.  I'm not aware of any 'rule of thumb' w/fetal movement and contractions.  Both of my babies heart rate decreased slighty during contractions.  If the heart rate decreases significantly, it is not safe, and can indicate a potential problem....such as the umbilical cord around the neck.  This will sometimes result in a csection.  

Blank
I was wondering about just the contractions I am having when I'm at home the Braxton Hicks I guess.
Blank
158812_tn?1189759426
Real contractions feel exactly like period cramps.  Are you having cramps?  
Blank
I had some false labor on Monday night, but I knew it was false labor cause when I walked around they subsided.
Yes they did feel like period cramps. But I knew real contractions dont go away when you walk around so I stayed home.
I was just wondering about the baby movement, cause he will be moving then I will have a braxton hicks and then he will stop moving, then start moving again.
Blank
172023_tn?1334675884
Usually you won't feel the baby moving at the exact minute as the contraction, b/c of the way your uterus hardens with them.  Sometimes the hardness and the pain during the contraction makes it difficult to feel the baby move.  Then it relaxes, and you will feel the baby again.

Blank
Thanks
Thats what I was thinking.
Blank
My doc wants me to go for a non stress test.
Should the babies heart rate increase with both the contraction and when they move?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...