Maternal & Child Community
Baby or Safe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Baby or Safe

Hello everyone, I am 19 with no kids and was enjoying life until one day after the shower I dried my breast off and I just so happened to notice to me looked like breast milk..... Again the next day I applied pressure to both breasts left and right, but there were only two drops out of the left breast. The milky like substance only appears to come out of the left breast and each time it is only like 2-3 drops. [Is this a sign of early pregnancy?] Or is it normal to lactate without being pregnant... My next step is the DOCTOR....
See a doctor, while it is possible it isn't "normal" it sounds more like your hormone levels are out of wack.
If you have been around someone's infant, it is possible for you to get up a sympathetic response but I don't know if that would include the breasts actually lactating.  Have you been having unprotected sex?  Take a home pregnancy test if so.  Lactation is not usually the first symptom of pregnancy, so I would guess a hormone imbalance is more likely.
I think it is possible, but the only time I have lactated was when I was pregnant and right after a m/c.
i had discharge from my breast. it turned out that i have fibrocystic breast disease. get it checked