Maternal & Child Community
Baby won't STOP kicking!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Baby won't STOP kicking!

Now, I'll strat off saying that I'm excited I can FINALLY feel my baby kick! Started 3-4 days ago and I'm just hitting my 22 week mark. I've been waiting for this for a long time, like I know must of you other ladies have/are! But he won't stop! I'm carrying low so I get it just above my private area, which I find weird and hard to get use too. I just didn't think he would move so much? It happens in different stages through-out the day. usually about 10-15 kicks/movement each stage. and I'm having about 10 stages a day! (I call them stages cause I dunno what else to call them!)  This normal? Or do I just have a VERY active baby?  sometimes I get a little crazy cause I want him to stop and I have no control over it. then realize I still have 3 1/2- maybe 4 months left of it. AAHhhhhh...
Normal for this stage. Later, he will be cramped, and will still move.....kick you in the bladder while making you pee your pants...
He has strength and room right now, and he is exercising as he should be.
Yep its normal. Count your blessings because some pregnant Mommies freak out when they feel no movements for a few days. So active babies give you reassurance that everything is OK. In a couple months the baby will start to get cramped and will be running out of space in the uterus, so the movements will probably slow down then, as he wont have very much room left. Right now the baby still has plenty of space to practice karate on your stomach. LOL. It feels kinda weird when they start kicking low, almost like his foot is gonna come out, but its completely normal.
I know how you feel , lastnight between 11 and 12:30 my baby could not stop kicking me! Kept me up for a few hours, I just dozed off, not even sure if he/she was done :) I'm 20 w 5d so far, but these kicks were real strong I could actually see my belly move (just to make sure I balanced a remote on my belly:). Congrats!
I'm 27w4d and my baby boy kicks me all the time too.  He is all over the place but I am carrying low also - boy I feel it in my private area and sometimes it hurts - i am growing out and low - looks like i got a basketball for a baby right now.  I am carry high by no means.  I don't remember my daughter kicking me to where it hurts.
I am 20 weeks today, and my little guy keeps kicking too! I also carry low, and he will kick at all hours of the day! He loves to lay on the left side too:) Its such an odd feeling.
I'll be 19 full weeks on Monday and I keep wishing I felt that much movement!  With all my issues and my cramping/aches I can't wait to feel him/her move more often so I don't have to panic most days that my baby is doing alright.  
Hi. I will be 22 weeks tomorrow, and my baby has also been very active, and I too was laying in bed and the baby was moving alot, so I turned on the bedside lamp and noticed my stomach was doing the wave, what an awesome sight, especially knowing it is not gas!!!! Sometimes during the day when I am at the office, it moves and it makes me giggle because it feels like it is tickling me. (We did not find out the sex of our baby, so I usually just say baby or peanut) But have fun we only have a few more months to go.
YUP, I AM NOW 30 WEEKS AND I STILL GET KICKED AND SHOVED MORE THAN EVER; WITHS BUMPS JUMPING OUT OF MY SKIN. I KNOW THAT THE MORE ACTIVE YOU ARE, THE BABY MORE PRONE TO BE LULLED TO SLEEP AND THEREFORE IS GENERALLY LESS ACTIVE. WHICH IS WHY IT SEEMS WE GET OUR LITTLE "SPELLS" THE MOST SEVERE WHEN WE ARE READY FOR SLEEP.
I am 22 weeks and my little guy is doing flips in my belly one moment he is sleeping the next he is kufu fighing my belly. He like to wake me up and make me eat at all hours of the morning then decided he doesn't want what I just gave him and sends it the tolilet's way lol. But all is all
I love him and I can't wait for him to be here with me.