Maternal & Child Community
Baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Baby

Is it true that a test may come out neg if its still a bit early ?
Tags: Baby
Yep. If you aren't very far along sometimes there isn't enough of the pregnancy hormone in your urine for a test to detect. It's best to test with your first mornings urine because the concentration will be higher.
Thank you .
Hi. I see all these posts and pray for all of you. I have a crazy situation. I became pregnant in August 2013 ,in which I shouldn't have. I only have one tube and the other was cut (tubal ligation) back in 2009 due to many ectopic pregnancies.  Well I went to ER with extreme stomach pain. The doctors and everyone else (including me) were completely shocked.  Of course I just assumed it would be another ectopic because my tubes don't work. Low and behold, the u/s determined there was one in my uterus..what a shock. Anyways a week or so later started spotting . Realized there were two. One ended up in my abdomen. I started to miscarry the one in my uterus too. So after many weeks my dr was following my HCG levels. When I found out  I was pregnant levels were at 8200.  After 6 weeks  Hcg finally was down to about 20 but I started bleeding. After 5 days it stopped and hcg was at 11. Not sure if that was my period or not because I didn't think you can get one until hcg reaches zero.  Anyone have a period before hcg went back to zero?Now I'm waiting to see if a pregnancy happens . We obviously we're not trying before but now we are hoping for it to happen. How often does it happen that someone has a healthy pregnancy after this?